1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

3 plays that cost us the game.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by floridaboltfan, Sep 9, 2008.

1. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    1) Obviously the Gates Fumble.

2) Scifes terrible punt that allowed them a field goal after one first down.

3) Holding penalty on Newbberry that called back the VJ catch. I believe we could have scored on that drive.:icon_shrug:

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    1) Failure to get that muffed punt by Malcolm Floyd in the early third quarter
    2) The fumble by Gates
    3) Cromartie going for an interception on a slant route that was caught for 20 yards by Dwayne Jarret, last drive - could've been an easy block

3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ....DITTO!

4. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Before the game if someone would say: this is why you will lose (bold setences in qoute)...I mean who would take him/her serious. This is true but no more threads about this game, I get extremely pisted when i think about it.:icon_evil:

5. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    1) Gates Fumble
    2) Gates Fumble
    3) Gates Fumble

That cannot happen. Its that simple to me.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I got some news for you guys. The plays that you say cost us the game would have only cost us a few points if we had played the rest of the game as we're capable of doing.

Gates & Scifres are tops at their positions. They made a mistake. Sure, it hurt our chances, but didn't lose the game for us. Our lack of preparation, intensity, focus, & humility did that.

7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    as long time supporter of Scifres I apologize for the shank. it happens once in a great while. AS always I blame it on Binn's ex-girlfriend Pamela Anderson. no one looked terribly sharp (except maybe Rivers) that game.

8. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I will add a poor kick off at the start of the Panters final drive. Starting at the 32 was big IMO... We did not play to our strengths in that we have a VERY good special teams unit and we sent a weak *** kick that gave the Panters rougly 2.5 minutes, one timeout and 68 yards to go....

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,616
    1 play.

The last one.

10. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    There was a play in the second half where the panthers had a third and long.... out of field goal range.... and they picked up ten yards. Although, not enough for a first down, it did put them into field goal position which they converted. Keeping them to a five yard gain or less would have meant they would have punted.

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    word

12. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    This ONE play cost us the game: