1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

3 sources confirm; Charger players partying @ strip club 36hrs before game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    Jim Laslavic, Kevin Acee and Hacksaw are all reporting that numerous Charger players were partying at "Pure Platinum" the strip club two days before the big playoff game.

Names not announced though KA stated that Kaeding was not one of them

Thoughts?

I've tried not to be a prude and suggest that players should have no social life, but why did they go out partying before the game when they had a bye week to go get their lap dance on? Did they have to party and make it rain just before hte damn game?

2. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    So who were they? If was the defense then maybe Nate should have been there. If they were there it was Friday into Saturday. What's the big deal? Let's say they were there. How much did they drink? Or did they drink at all? I highly doubt that them going out on a Friday night had anything to do with their play Sunday.

3. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    OMG! 2 days before the game! Lets just cut them all!!!!!! :icon_rofl:

Get Real! :yes:

4. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    BFD. They should have been in bed, or church, right?

If anything, it should have helped keep them loose, but it didn't, obviously unless they were defensive players (in which case it did since the D played well)

5. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Ambulance chasers I tell you....ambulance chasers.

6. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291
    -Cromartie
    -Cooper
    -Phillips

I bet those 3 are on that list.

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    So? Is that supposed to mean anything? :icon_huh:

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    From Acee's twitter:

It appears that Kaeding WAS one of guys out partying.

But I don't care. We also don't know how long they ALL stayed out.

9. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    That's it then......cut Williams. The guy is injured and he is taking the others out partying? As a long veteran on this team he isn't showing very good leadership. He should be teaching them what is important and when it is important. Those skanks will always be there. The playoffs won't. :popcorn:

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,610
    Now there's a funny mental image. VJ, MF, and JW out with Nate.

:icon_rofl:

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    I think I learned that in school; one of these things is not like the other :lol:

12. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87
    The only reason Nate was even there was because Jamal told him that the group was going to see a late showing of The Lovely Bones at the multiplex. :lol:

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,351
    So you're sure it was Jamal that took them out? I'm not. And neither is anyone else.

14. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    OK, let's say he didn't, shouldn't he have been the veteran voice? Don't you think JW wants a Championship just as bad if not more then everyone else? If so, he obviously didn't think they were doing anything wrong to hurt their chances so why should we?

Let this be a lesson for all of you, that think there actions cost them the game, that live in SD. Next time the Bolts make it this far it is your job to man all club and strip joints and let them know that they are doing something detrimental to the team.

Thanks in advance! :yes:

15. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,351
    And we're also talking about FRIDAY night. Not Saturday night. Friday night? Don't care. Saturday night? Different story.

16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,867
    Who gives a ****?

Nobody would care about this if they won the game.

And to try and draw a line between this and the loss is pretty dumb.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    36 hours is a pretty long time but I'm going to assume from the way they played that they were drinking heavily.

But I'm going to say... "the game should be ALL that's on your mind!!! You need to loosen up... go to a spa and get a massage, get a beach front rental and chill, go for a bike ride... do something that doesn't involve drinking cause you need to stay focused. There's PLENTY of time for partying at strip clubs during the off season!!!"

You're making millions of dollars... you can focus JUST on the upcoming game(s) for a few weeks.

I don't know how big of an issue (if any) this was on the game but I still say this goes to show some bad things about this team.

Let me explain... I've had times where I had weeks of work ahead of me that was make or break in my business. I worked my *ss off, stayed focused, and partied like Hell afterwards.
    Is that too much to ask (especially when your making millions)?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    It's just another part of the Chargers' organizational dysfunction....the discipline factor.

It isn't there. Players have to be able to make good decisions on and off the field.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867
    I've had times where I had tons of work ahead of me, so I went out and got ****ed up shortly before it started to enjoy my last bit of free time.

I didn't have any problems getting the work done.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,867
    You think the Patriots players are all in church 36 hours before gametime?

21. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Does your work include putting on lots of heavy cumbersome equipment, and needing the physical conditioning to be able to run many times during your work day while being chased by a 290 lb behemoth in top physical condition with his sole purpose being to hit you as hard as he can at full speed...over and over and over during your workday...while your boss expects you to avoid this steroidal oddity and not be caught, but there are eight or nine other giant men wanting to kill you as well...and the boss expects you to avoid them as well until you get to a place where you get points for reaching that point....and your boss is paying you several million dollars a year do do that all week in practice and then again on game day....or do you push pencils in an air-conditioned office?

22. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

But that's you... not the rest of the world.

23. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    3 of the 4 guys there were very important to Sunday's game.

Not cool in my mind at all. :no:

I don't care if it was 36 hours or 6 hours. That's too close to the game. No wonder Nate missed those kicks. He was thinking about the Vag shot in his face from the club.

They had a bye week to do crap like this, or after the season to do crap like this. I bet the Jets players were not out doing this 36 hours before kickoff.

Nothing good ever comes from a group of pro athletes going to a strip club. :no:

Now I'm not surprised by Floyd and his dropped passes, VJ getting arrested again, and well we all know what Nate didn't do. Did the partying at the strip club cause all of this??? Sure as F*ck didn't help Floyd, and Nate in the game less than 36 hours later.

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,594
    from kevin acee twitter

RT @b4bendetta: @sdutchargers Any truth to rumor 8 players were partying Sat night til 2:30AM?>No. For truth, do not listen to Hacksaw--ka

so there, guess i have egg on my face

25. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Now I'm even more sick to my stomach reading all of this.

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I agree. It's called "lack of discipline."

27. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Maybe Keading SHOULD have gone, you know, pent up demand can affect performance

:icon_eek:

:flag:

28. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

What's a pencil???

:icon_tease:

29. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    You fukcing people have all lost it (well, maybe not all.....but most). Who the hell made most of you the moral police? To sit there and say that they were affected by going out and having a good time 36 hours before the game is absolutley ridiculous! You folks act like you know what they were doing. So they went out. Do you know that they were even drinking? Or let's say they were, how much then? It's amazing that some of you just can't handle a loss. You have to look under every rock to find a justification for it. Did you ever just think for once that both teams played their best and one team came out on top.

Answer me this then......Why did they even play the game on Sunday? Really, please tell me. If the Bolts were a shoe in then why did the Jets fly all the way across country to play a game that they were suppose to lose? Why is it that so many were clamoring for us to play the Colts? They had a better record then us so I guess that means that there was no way for us to win that game. So what difference did it make that we lost to the Jets? Because destiny was against us becuase on papaer I'm sure that the Colts are a better team. Oh, wait, maybe it's because we have the Colts number over the years. Maybe it's because we match up better against the Colts then most other teams. Seems that way doesn't it? We just have the Colts number. Well maybe the Jets have ours.

Nothing more....nothing less. :popcorn:

30. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Ummmm....I think most posters would agree Jackson getting arrested only a short time before the game, Merrimen and his difficulties with the 80 pound hottie, and the revelation that several Chargers were at a strip club having a good time prior to playing the biggest game of the season reflects a kind of mind set that doesn't lend itself to focusing on what it is they are all paid millions of dollars a season to do...play football to the highest extent of their skills.

It doesn't appear that there is anyone counseling these young men about what is expected of them during a season where it is necessary to have a real narrow focus on their activities, and that is playing professional football. During the off-season they have a little more "free" time to pursue their personal delights.

I suspect you will rarely see the kinds of revelations we have seen this year with Chargers players making questionable decisions off the field during the season on any team who wins championships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.