1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

3 sources confirm; Charger players partying @ strip club 36hrs before game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,178
    All you fans who celebrate and expect the Players to be tea toldeling spinsters during the season get over yourselves...

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    One of the strippers said that Nate went wide right during a lap dance.

3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hell, he SHOULD have been one of them! Hell, maybe he wouldn't tightened up and choked if he had a little R and R the night before. I don't have any problems with the guys partying it up. I don't think that was the problem. Super Bowl winners in the past had a reputation of partying it up the night before and kicking butt on Super Bowl Sunday. I think the media is trying to reach for reasons we choked. The reason we choked is because of 2 missed FG's in my opinion.....:icon_evil:

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

Really?!? Jackson was arrested just before the game? Please tell me all about it. Or better yet, give me a link saying he was arrested.
    You are seriously warped if you think that every player of every team when in the playoffs both present and past sit at home or in their hotel room up until it's time to get to the stadium. Ican't prove it but I can bet anything that many players are out letting off some steam to get the edge off. You just don't hear about it (especially when teams win). I think it's great that they were all out together as a cohesive unit. Just goes to show that they all get along with each other.

Rothlisberger was accused of ****. How much questionable decison making do you want?

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,600
    Jackson didn't get arrested he got cuffed, which police said was standard procedure in situations like that.

And all of this I don't really care about. Gee wiz, rich 25yr old single men out drinking on a Friday night.....:eek:hmy::icon_tease:

6. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    :lol::lol:

7. CaptainTapp

CaptainTapp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Lol.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,353
    Many of you may not be as ancient as I, but any of you remember the time the Raiders-Eagles played in the Superbowl? The Eagles, then coached by Dick Vermiel, had STRICT curfews. No partying allowed. The Raiders had no such restrictions on their players. Word has it many of the Raider players were out partying their nads off the night before. What happened? Eagles had their asses handed to them.

Again, I really don't care what grown men, ADULTS, do the FRIDAY before a SUNDAY game. Saturday night? A different story.

9. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    Story seems to have been false

Any truth to rumor 8 players were partying Sat night til 2:30AM?>No. For truth, do not listen to Hacksaw--ka

10. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Great! Now all of the witch hunt folks have to go digging under other rocks to find excuses for why we lost. :popcorn:

11. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    Ooops..KA was just saying it was not sat night because it was friday night...my bad.

12. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    There is only one reason, we scored less points that the Jets. :icon_shrug:

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Exactly. As I always say: just score ONE or more points than the opposition every game and we'll be fine.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hello... they're getting paid millions of dollars, they damn well better be focused on the game all week long!!!!

Also... they can celebrate all they want WHEN THE SEASON IS OVER!!!

These millionaires have the entire off season to party up in luxury!!! None of us make millions of dollars and get 6-7 months vacation!!! So I don't want to hear your sympathy for them.

15. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Who is to say that they weren't focused? If I remember correctly....LT, Rivers, Norv & Merriman I remember saying how focused they were. How much more seasoned they were because they've been there before. So I am to believe you more then the players? :no:

Also, what celebrate? Why do you insist on using words that you have nothing to support those claims? Either you were one boring SOB when you were younger or you still haven't hit that age to go out and enjoy yourself as a 20 something year old. Really, show me the liquer bill for them to prove that they were even drinking. Your arguments are rather comical :)lol:). It's like you made a bet with the devil and the Bolts just cost you your soul. :icon_shrug:

:popcorn:

16. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    The operations manager of the club said on the radio just now that there were two players there for about an hour, they left about 12 AM, and they were not drinking or intoxicated (though some of the people they were with were...sounds like it was a business thing.....)

Such a stupid lame non-story......fans want something to blame.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Pay attention... this is the post it was in response to...
    "All you fans who celebrate and expect the Players to be tea toldeling spinsters during the season get over yourselves..."

18. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    I dont have a huge problem with it...I mean, they are proffessionals and should be responsible for their own actions.

The only flip side is that if their performance suffers as a result...then they should pay the consequences!!

These players should be named!

One other thing...if we had a stronger coach who comanded respect (like Marty) ...do you thing these players would be getting away with it??? Of would they even have gone out?!!

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,600
    Based on the fact that two of the three sources reporting this dispute it entirely and the third is known for making **** up as he goes along, i think this issue is closed and it being proven it didn't happen

I'm going to close the thread and wipe the egg off my face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.