1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

    You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Create an Account or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

30% Chance Of Snow In Pitt

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Nov 13, 2008.

  1. Gridreaper

    Gridreaper BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2008
    Messages:
    864
    Ratings:
    +96
    ...I'm not sure if this helps the Bolts or hinders them but there is a 30% chance of snow flurries for Sunday's game. Since San Diego seems to be struggling on defense, especially passing D, a good old game of smash mouth might lean the game more favorably towards the Chargers. Pitt is down to Mewelde Moore basically and the Colts shut him down. If either Ben or his back-up try to force things in the snow, maybe some T.O's will come our way. The turnovers killed the Steelers against the Colts. Any thoughts?
     
  2. Harley

    Harley BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2006
    Messages:
    537
    Ratings:
    +81
    yeah 30% chance we win.
    the snow will f us up more than pitt since we can't run at all.
    but the snow isn't going to be the factor, the factor that will matter will be if these soft chargers actually show up.
    i keep think'in it may not be the best idea to contractually lock everyone up early 'cause it results in a lack of motivation. character guys or not, they are human and when the bank account is full motivation isn't.
     
  3. boltsnow

    boltsnow BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2006
    Messages:
    1,335
    Ratings:
    +56
    I think a blade of grass higher then it should be is a hinder to the Bolts at this point.:icon_eek:
     
  4. RM24

    RM24 BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2007
    Messages:
    3,109
    Ratings:
    +264
    No thoughts Gridder, but I think I feel a song coming on......

    [​IMG]

    Let it Snow

    Oh the weather outside is frightful
    But the fire is so delightful
    And since we've no place to go
    Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

    It doesn't show signs of stopping
    And I've bought some corn for popping
    The lights are turned way down low
    Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

    When we finally kiss good night
    How I'll hate going out in the storm!
    But if you'll really hold me tight
    All the way home I'll be warm

    The fire is slowly dying
    And, my dear, we're still goodbying
    But as long as you love me so
    Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
     
  5. When Lightning Strikes

    When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2006
    Messages:
    555
    Ratings:
    +68
    it snows every weekend here now...in Tahoe that is. This will be the first weekend in about three weeks that we dont have snow up here...snow resorts open up on thanksgiving weekend!!
     
  6. HEXEDBOLT

    HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Messages:
    13,880
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Let it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our guy's get paid well for doing their jobs. They just need to start earning it now, NO excuses.
     
  7. Lightning's Girl

    Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2007
    Messages:
    3,835
    Ratings:
    +1,153
    Chargers and snow..........don't go together very well IMHO. I've seen us play in the snow, and it ain't pretty.

    Then again, a 30% chance that it'll snow=a 70% chance that it won't.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Savage Lizard

    Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    3,798
    Ratings:
    +913
    I'm going, so I'll be rooting for the 70% chance of no snow.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  9. matilack

    matilack #therealagent47

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2006
    Messages:
    15,146
    Ratings:
    +2,723
    Go figure. Its the first time in years we can't run, or stop the run, and now we're gonna get a snow game?

    ****ing weak.
     
  10. Fouts

    Fouts Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Messages:
    1,075
    Ratings:
    +193
    It will hurt us more than them, since we have an awesome passing game, almost rivaling the era of Fouts.... :icon_eek: :lol::bolt:
     
  11. Boltjolt

    Boltjolt Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2006
    Messages:
    4,696
    Ratings:
    +402
    It was 78 degrees here today :yes:
     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TBF

    TBF BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2007
    Messages:
    1,568
    Ratings:
    +148
    SNOW, No SNOW.... It doesn't matter much to me or our players. We have to freaking win. This is the type of game we win IMO... This current roster of Charger players have won we they needed to.

    Oh, and does anyone remember this game.....?

    [​IMG]
     
  13. Lightning's Girl

    Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2007
    Messages:
    3,835
    Ratings:
    +1,153
    I don't wanna hear that..........WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!:no:
     
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

    Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2006
    Messages:
    6,686
    Ratings:
    +1,391
    That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. :icon_toast:

    I remember missing that play as I had to tend to my first son's diaper (think he was less than a month old then). Came back downstairs and had back up the DVR to see the play.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  15. !~BOLT~!

    !~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2006
    Messages:
    2,597
    Ratings:
    +205
    That went for 75 yards, and I think Brees threw less than 8 passes that game.
     
  16. Thread_Killer

    Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Messages:
    4,365
    Ratings:
    +680
    It’s a good thing that Norv Turner’s teams are physical and mentally tough. Because that is the type of team you need to win those East Coast games in bad weather.
     
  17. SD Native WY

    SD Native WY Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1,682
    Ratings:
    +326
    NOAA

    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-79.9767

    Point Forecast: Pittsburgh PA
    40.45N 79.95W En Español
    Last Update: 11:03 pm EST Nov 14, 2008
    Forecast Valid: 1am EST Nov 15, 2008-6pm EST Nov 21, 2008

    Lo 31°F Sunday
    Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 50%
    Chance
    Snow
    Hi 37°F Sunday
    Night
    Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 30%
    Chance
    Snow
     
  18. BOLTS4LIFE

    BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2006
    Messages:
    13,525
    Ratings:
    +542


    I remember but the Browns were not exactly a stella team.
     
  19. Buck Blincoe

    Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    Messages:
    4,860
    Ratings:
    +207
  20. HEXEDBOLT

    HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Messages:
    13,880
    Ratings:
    +1,771
  21. nickelbolt

    nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2006
    Messages:
    6,167
    Ratings:
    +886
  22. SD Native WY

    SD Native WY Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1,682
    Ratings:
    +326

    NFL Game Weather
    San Diego Chargers
    Schedule Best San Diego Chargers Weather
    San Diego Chargers AT Pittsburgh Steelers
    Sun., Nov. 16, 2008 Time: 4:15 PM EST Heinz Field Pittsburgh, PA
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Schedule Best Pittsburgh Steelers Weather
    helpRight Now at the Stadium

    Snow Shower
    Temperature: 35°F Feels like: 26°F Sunset: 5:02 PM Spectator Index: 1 UV Index: Low
    Wind Direction
    Wind From the West Southwest at 15 gusting to 20 mph
    Wind Speed
    Medium
     
  23. BOLTS4LIFE

    BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2006
    Messages:
    13,525
    Ratings:
    +542
    I hope they realize, our season may be done.
    The remainder of the Donkos schedule is easy.
     
  24. reef shark

    reef shark BoltTalker

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2006
    Messages:
    937
    Ratings:
    +49
    good luck everybody

    be safe and dont start fights with pitt fans

    unless LT runs for 100+ and they start complaining ( i think it may happen)

    :bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

    btw denver has at least 5 games remaining they should lose
     

Share This Page