1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

49ers Hire Manusky

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TJBOLT, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,229
    No, but I understand how people think it could. Our system puts enormous focus on the play of the LBs. With the group of LBs we have and their high level of performance, it is easy to give Manusky all the credit. I think he might make a fine DC, and would have loved to see him stay. But we dont become a 0-16 team just because he has left.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    great rebuttle

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
    I'm angry he's gone because I think he's a great coach and wanted him get a shot at being our DC. I'll just have to see how he does in SF with inferior talent.

4. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Ok T.K. I'll believe you.
    But only because your freakishly big arms intimidate me.:tup:

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,770
    If our team goes to hell in a hand basket because a few coaches leave to better themselves, then our players aren't worth a fuc. After the playoff loss, it was mad finger pointing in here against the coaching staff and a few select player's. This is a young team and will go through growing pang's until we reach that level of total domination over the teams we play. We did enjoy seeing signs of that in spurts but it was never sustained. It's time for our players to step up and play,shut their mouths and quit being stupid, oh by the way, our HC can only ask these guy's for their best. Our players have to put the effort out to achieve that goal, Marty can't win it for them.:bolt2:

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I don't even have to take supplements. :icon_smile:

PS. They're even bigger in person. Just ask Carrie.

:icon_rofl:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Manusky is just a big galoot. He won't be missed.

8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

Even God hates canada :yes: :icon_rofl:

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Yeah seriously like we have to like beg him to keep our land 'glorious and free'. BEG HIM.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    if we're re-hashing this take it to the foley thread

11. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'm fricking ticked off ......

Hey Marty - who else is gonna leave???

I drank the Marty Kool-Aid this past year, but never again. 2007 is "No Excuses" ... just nut up and win. Prove it on the field, and on the scoreboard in the playoffs.

Pretty much everyone thought - during the "keep/fire" Marty discussion - that keeping him was best for continuity. He'd have one more chance to get the brass ring .... with this team AND the 2006 coaching staff. But, some of the brightest minds on staff are now gone, and we still don't know if Wade will get hired by Smiley Jones.

Marty hasn't even replaced his RB or TE coach. Now he needs a LB coach as well. If Wade does get hired in Dallas, Manusky was the natural replacement as DC for him. What happens if Wade leaves?

Most people didn't want a "throwaway" year because of a new coaching staff. That was the KEY arguement in retaining Marty. But, we could be faced with having a new offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, running backs coach, tight ends coach, and linebackers coach. Sounds like damn near an entire new staff to me.

Will 2007 be a learning year because of all the new coaches - even if they keep the same system and language? Then, will 2008 bring a new HC, and all new offense and defense?

The window cracked open in 2004. It doesn't stay open forever, and I'm not liking the current changes that will directly affect this team's ability to win both in '07 and '08.

Marty should have been canned, and the new regime could have already begun. Instead, we're just pushing it back a year, and watching the brains of this staff walk out the door.

12. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923

Teams succeed every year with coaching makeovers. The Chargers are too talented not to follow suit.

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Bullshiit.

If Marty wins the Super Bowl, he gets a new fat contract from the Bolts. Marty will not retire either when he can still fetch millions.

It is not a foregone conclusion Marty is history after this season.

14. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Word.

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374

No way do a few positions coaches and a coordinator make '07 a throwaway year. We are keeping the same offensive and defensive systems. We'll have 3 position coaches that will have to come in and learn our system, instead of having 53 players having to learn a new system. It's really not as big a deal as some are making it out to be.

I don't think we've pushed back the inevitable coaching change a year. This team is primed to win it all next year. If that happens, Marty's going to be here awhile.

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,229

I dont know BSBB... Look how the Pats fell apart when they lost both of the coordinators and several position coaches in one off season....

The sky must be fallling...

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    No matter who the position coaches are, these players will be in position to make plays once again. Will they actually step up and do it this time? :icon_shrug:

18. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    This reminds me of how every single year people pick the Arizona Cardinals as their sleeper team and they always end up saying "THIS IS THE YEAR!!!" and they always end up sucking a fat one.

19. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    of course aj would recommed that even though he hates marty there aren't too many replacements that are ripe for the picking, not this offseason at least