1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

49ers To La???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Nov 9, 2006.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,720
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Santa Clara is in LA??

:icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Santa Clara is 30 miles south of San Francisco.

It's right next to San Jose. I live about two minutes from Santa Clara.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Though it would never happen, I would love to see a team like the 49ers move here to Orange County. The only problem is that they would preempt all of the Chargers games...

Ok, I've changed my mind... leave them where they are. ;)

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Unbelievable IMO that a team that has won five super bowls can't get a stadium built in SF but that's what they get for electing a bunch of wack-jobs over there. Same goes for Oakland and the A's (who are moving to Fremont).

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Yep, the people brought this on themselves:icon_banana:

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

I think the city of SF has problems with space more than anything else. They don't have any, and what they do have would cost a bundle to buy

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly what I was thiking. That new owner is horrible!!!

But if they move to Santa Clara, Would they still call themselves the San Francisco 49ers? Or maybe the San Jose 49ers?

9. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Oh they had a staduim ballot passed and things were ready to get going, then Edddy D got in trouble with the Feds in Louisianna and had to turn the team over to his sister(she wears the pants in the "Family") who gave it to her husband(John York) to run, there were qustions about the ballot initiative and "tampering" when it passed. Willie Brown, the mayor, came under fire as well and there were questions about his involvment in the "deal".

Santa Clara is a high possibility with LA being metioned because any time a teams name comes up with a move, LA is always metioned.

That would be funny as hell. SF has a much deeper hatered of anything LA then SD does. 9ers fans would be jumping off the bridges around here and you could see them pulling a Cleveland trying to keep the name since it is reflective of the area and the history of the gold rush.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,641
    California? Golden State? :lol:

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    so, who watches them anyway? And they cant preempt any Chargers game, they are NFC, and FOX carries them.

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Maybe Chispa should rule in on this, since she lives in that general area. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    why does the price of a new stadium seem to go up $100 million dollars a year?

Having gone to the chargers game up in sf this past month, I will say that the stadium there is one run down piece of crap. And the land and traffic access around that dump is equally horrible. If I lived in sf, i would definitely be pulling for a relocation of that stadium.

I've been to about 12 nfl stadiums over the last several years and that ranks as the crappiest piece of crap that anyone has ever crapped out.

It actually makes the Q look good. REALLY good.

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Plus all the flat ground is gone.

15. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Here's the deal in SF. They hate sports. They hate athletes. The people here care about one thing and that is serving themselves. This city has voted against the constitution based on their self-righteousness. I hate it here.

But anyways, the niners don't even play in sf right now anyway. That stadium is miles out of the city. They're trying to tie in a new stadium with some ridiculous olympics bid. They're out of their minds. The mayor is a *****. Worse than the one before him. This city spent billions rebuilding city hall and other government buildings just to glorify themselves. They are spending billions to build a new bridge and they can't even get that done right after over a decade. It took forever to move the giants into their new place. You people have no idea how fuq'd up this city is. I must escape!

16. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    so help me with this question, because i did not live in california back in these days...

Why would LA want football teams to come back to LA, when they let the raiders go and they let the rams go. Doesnt it seem like they shouldnt get a team back...?>?

17. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    The only people that want a team back in LA are the Governator and the NFL. They always bring up the TV market thing, but what these morons don't understand is that once they drop a team there, it limits the games they can show. If the team sucks, no one will go because it is not like other places in the country where there is not **** to do besides go to a game in the fall/winter. Hell when football season starts, all the fukin tourists have left the beaches and amusement parks and now the locals can go without the crowds.

The people could give a **** if they have an NFL team.

18. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

The San Francisco 49er's of Santa Clara :D

If the NY Jets & Giants can call themselves NY teams while playing in New Jersey then i guess the niners can still be called the SF niners :icon_shrug:

19. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Dude, you should escape if you hate it so much.

Essentially what the Niners are talking about is a suburban stadium. While Santa Clara is a little further from SF than Mission Valley is from SD, it's really the same thing.

All of the land in SF is pretty well used up. The site that the Niners stadium is on now is really crappy. It's cold and windy and actually sits several feel below the level of the bay, which causes all sorts of fun problems with field maintenance.

Taking a long time to work out a stadium deal is not a sign of a phucked up city government. These are very complicated deals, and it takes a great deal of work to get them done.

Really, building a stadium in Santa Clara makes far more sense than the Candlestick site. It's just that all the fans in SF don't want to have to drive an extra 35 miles to a game.

20. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

I'm preparing myself for The San Diego Chargers of Chula Vista/National City. :lol: :icon_tease:

21. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    The Nasty City Chargers?:icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Try telling that to Lewis Wolff and the Oakland A's. In fact the way the City of Oakland (same mindset as San Fran) dealt with the A's was insulting to team that has been the exact opposite of the Raiders as far as their dealings with local agencies. So IMO it is a sign of a f'ed up government and San Fran is no different.

• Like Like x 1