1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

5 Chargers voted to AP ALL-PRO Team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by loweezy, Jan 8, 2007.

1. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2724228

woot.:abq2:

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,383
    5 All-Pros? That's freaking unbelievable. AJ IS GOD

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Where's ELi's name?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLS

4. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    i continue to thank beathard for bringing us the legendary LT....

personally i think jason taylor is overrated. a lot of fish "fans" in miami seem to think this also, as he makes most his plays in meaningless situations. i would rather have our boy castillo than that ***** taylor anyday, not to mention freeney or peppers from the nfc starting over him. freeney may be a right end but i think DEs should be able to work both sides given the circumstances. zach thomas is also overrated. hes not even the best linebacker on the dolphins. faneca sucks too. dielman would shiz all over him. ok i guess im done sry bout the negativity

ALL PRO TEAM

peaz pats

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Bobby Beathard was gone by then. John Butler drafted LT.

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's awesome. I also love the fact the Brees beat out Peyton Manning in the QB position.

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    2006 AP All-Pro Roster

First Team Offense

QB - Drew Brees
    RB - LaDainian Tomlinson
    RB - Larry Johnson
    FB - Lorenzo Neal
    WR - Marvin Harrison
    WR - Chad Johnson
    TE - Antonio Gates
    T - Jammal Brown
    T - Willie Anderson
    G - Shawn Andrews
    G - Alan Faneca
    C - Olin Kreutz
    K -Robbie Gould
    KR - Devin Hester

First Team Defense

DE - Jason Taylor
    DE - Julius Peppers
    DT - Jamal Williams
    DT - Kevin Williams
    OLB - Shawne Merriman
    OLB - Adalius Thomas
    MLB - Brian Urlacher
    MLB - Zach Thomas
    CB - Rashean Mathis
    CB - Champ Bailey
    S - Brian Dawkins
    S - Ed Reed
    P - Brian Moorman

Had to add Gates in. They left the TE out of the grild of players in the artcle. Sloppy editing....

8. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I noticed that too.

Has anyone seen the Second Team list?

9. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    yes you are right TK. i still think beathard has had more positive impact on the chargers than any other manager in recent memory. i mean, who was mostly accountable for the only sd super bowl appearance? but this is besides the point. i guess i just dont have as much respect for our GM as some of the rest of you guys

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
    Beatherd helped create a team so ****** we had no choice but to obtain the #1 pick, so in a way he helped.

JoBu had the balls to trade the Vick pick and gamble with that #5 pick and for that he's the best. Plus, never forget Jedi Master JoBu's excellent training of his Padawan AJ-Wan Kenobi who has become the Great Jedi Master he is today.

11. vachargerfan

vachargerfan New Member

Ratings:
    +134
    Jammer was robbed :helm3:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Beathard got caught in between changes in two major areas in how the NFL operates.

1. The salary cap
    2. The Combine

The Combine era is the biggest killer in how Beathard previously operated. Prior to this, BB was one of the few scouts that had found nuggets in the smaller schools. But, with information moving faster in the 1990's, the expansion of the combine, and more people seeing smaller schools on TV, Beathard's best source of hidden talent was shrinking. So, he beat further into the bush and "found" players at even smaller schools. It didn't work.

BB's bad trades didn't help either, picking up other peoples trash for high prices, and getting expensive (and cap costly) FA duds. Cryin' Ryan's contract was also a bad cap move in its structure.

Beathard didn't adjust to the new era, and the Chargers paid the price for it on the field.

I honestly don't know how someone couldn't revel in what AJ Smith has done. It's remarkable the talent he's assembled, while having a healthy cap for now and into the future.

13. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    Yep, he couldn't keep up with the changes.
    Not sure if all those 2nd rdn reaches for the next years 1st were all him or someone letting him know they didn't want to pay 1st rnd money? :icon_shrug: Or he actually believed that those guy like Ricks were 1st rnd talent. :icon_huh:

The only great move Beathard made in the last 5 years of his tenure was the supp pick(98) of Jamal Williams. Spent a 2nd on him.

AJ has done a remarkable job putting together the most talented chargers team, on both sides of the ball, that I have ever seen play. :yes:
    I missed the Gilman years, so my time starts with that painful thing that was the mid 70s.

14. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    you are right, smith has drafted well recently. but these were players that were in the spotlight in college right? every player that has been drafted, with maybe the exception of jackson and krause have been from big name schools (this is what i remember right now). tomlinson is one of the best players to ever step on a field, and smith had nothing to do with that. i guess his tenure in buffalo has influenced my thinking. ppl who think he assembled those super bowl teams in the early to mid 90s are wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  15. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Why doesn't AJ have anything to do with LT? He was Butler's right hand man and did a majority of the scouting with Butler. AJ was a scout first, so I'm sure a lot of those players in Buffalo were commented under AJ's watchful eye.

It's pretty apparent you dislike AJ. The guy has assembled a fantastic team in such little time, and has set this franchise up to be very successful for years to come with the salary cap in mind. Sorry that you did not get the free agents that you wanted this offseason. Sorry if he is not running the Chargers organization like the Redskins (look where that got them).

16. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    anyone who isnt half retarded could see that LT was the shiz at TCU. the man was running circles around everyone out there. im aware of smith's former scout positions. but i dont think you are aware of what he really did in buffalo. a statement like you being sure he had something to do with a lot of those bills players back in the day tells me you really dont know what he did in buffalo. the only player he was responsible for on those 4 super bowl teams was don beebe (there might have been one more guy somewhere). if you dont believe me look up the good players from those four years. Most of them came before 1987. and leave my boy out of this discussion plz.

its not that i dont like smith, i appreciate what he has done in San Diego. I just feel that too much credit is going to management and not enough to the players or even marty.

17. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Things have turned around here in Charger Land since Butler/AJ/Marty Era. Particularly when AJ took over.

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Looks like Kaeding was the only 2nd team selection from the Chargers.