1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

5 Things about the game...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by powayslugger, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +912
    It's as someone else stated, San Diego has a lot of people who moved there from somewhere else, due to good weather, military, whatever. Those people bring their allegiances with them, and when their team is in town they show up. Meanwhile, how many people left San Diego and moved to Pittsburgh? Five?

That's why there are always plenty of fans from opposing teams at the stadium. And then when you have one of the huge national bandwagon teams (Dallas, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Green Bay) there will be even more of their fans because those teams have fans everywhere.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Have you ever heard of the hip, new word known as "mistake?"

Many thought firing Marty late into March was a mistake.
    Many thought hiring a HC with an average below .500 was a mistake.

In fact, when things looked hopeless... many thought the right thing would have been to let Marty finish his last year under his contract and see who is available in 2008.

BOTTOM LINE... Until week 11, it looked like firing Marty and bringing in Norv was a "mistake."

With that said... I think it was also a great message to Norv to tell him to get the Limbragini out of reverse.
    Also a great message to AJ... "you broke it, you fix it!!!"

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Can we be done with this? Is Norv Turner is a better head coach because he actually won a playoff game? I don't know if Marty couldn't have done it. Frankly I no longer care. Norv is our head coach and everyone is predicting us to nab a Lombardi. It's a whole new season so let's get ready for some football!!!
    BTW wtf is a lambragini? A lamborghini is a sweet Italian sports car.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Until you've lived in the mid-west for a fair amount of time you won't understand the fans.

You have to understand that people from the mid-west live their football. It's not just about the pro teams either. People here go to their High School games! The 5:00 sports STARTS with the high school games. They grow up with football. From high school through college. Many fans follow pro teams because they know of someone from their home state!

I'm telling you, you wouldn't believe until you see it. These people are rabid. It's not just about the pro game that's for sure

I'm watching local sports right now and they are totally into the beginning of HIGH SCHOOL football.

I don't remember SD EVER having that kind of coverage. Just to big of an area. Nobody from the north county gives a rip about East County sports.

:bolt::bolt::bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +912
    I certainly make no claims to being the ultimate Chargers fan. I figure I'm the upper percentages, as are most people on this forum, since they are spending some of their free time discussing and following the team. I am just a dude who follows the team closely, and knows when the hell to cheer, and when to shut the f*ck up.

It's natural for people to wave at the camera and such, and there's a difference between that and going out of your way to seek attention. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

What rules and restrictions do I have? At least those that can be enforced? I have stated that certain things bug me, but have never advocated that those things be legislated against. You're trying to put words in my mouth.

Look, I was responding to another guy who made several good points about why our fan base might be the way it is. I just said that our fan base has a certain reputation nationally, and that many of the things he pointed out are reasons why.

6. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +912
    And I think it was embarrassing and stupid.

There. We have different opinions. I am not likely to change mine, and you are not likely to change yours. It happens, people have different opinions all the time.

7. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +912
    Mistake is a hip, new word? :icon_huh:

Damn, I really am out of it.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You're going to have to ask HEXEDBOLT about that. That was HIS discussion, NOT MINE!!! :yes:

Thanks for the correction.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    As I had mentioned earlier "not all fans in attendence are as hard core and knowledgable about the game as people in this forum. That's part of selling out!!!! I'll take that over having a half full stadium of opposing team fans in a heart beat!!!"

Instead of getting upset with the fans, how about demanding some consistency from the franchise?
    It MUST start with back to back Super Bowl wins (anything less is a failure as far as I'm concerned,) and then staying competitive.

If the Steelers or Cowboys went through a long, terrible drought of losing (including a 1-15 season,) what do you think would happen?

10. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    U know what's funny? Even high school students here in SD are "fair-weather" for their own school teams!

I remember back in high school the stands would be filled to capacity with students, but we wouldn't watch more than damn near 3 or 4 plays! It was all about spitting game at the fine girls and socializing. When the announcer said we scored, then we'd go crazy.

Also, when Reggie Bush/ Alex Smith-led Helix High would play at our school, we'd have students rooting for THEM 'cuz they were famous already. Talk about bandwagoners. I highly doubt Iowa or Texas schools would be as quick to switch allegences. Plus, the game is the main attraction; here in SD, the stands will empty after half time to go party. Nobody cared who won. Maybe this mentality carries into the Q as the fans grow up? This may be off, but even with quality players here in SoCal, we still got funner things to do than watch football on Fri. night.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Jesus f'n Christ.

He is saying one thing, you're arguing something else.

Quit being such a douche and running around in circles you friggin' attention whore.

And for the record, WTF us wrong with getting upset at retarded fans? If a Chargers fan is being an idiot, I will tell him. Yes, it bothers me when some asshat is all painted up and is standing and posing for the cameras because he's a huge attention whore, because I can't SEE THE GAME. What is so ****ing hard to understand about that?!?!? I shouldn't have to stay home to see the game, I paid my money just like everyone else, I deserve the right to SEE what I paid for. Same reason I get pissed when people elbow me in the head at a concert, or cut me off on the freeway, or or blow smoke in my face (even though I myself am a smoker). It's about SHOWING SOME ****ING RESPECT FOR YOUR FELLOW FANS AND TEAM by sitting down and shutting the **** up when its time to sit down and stfu. Now, we ALL know you don't agree, but I can guarantee you'll respond and tell me what a terrible person i am for feeling this way, but let me preemptively strike and say I DON'T GIVE A **** IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. Tough ****.

Also, according to your brilliant logic, anything less than back to back super bowls is considered a failure. Well, 46 years of never doing that haven't stopped you yet, have they?

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

WOW!!!
    You're a very angry man!!! Next time someone suggests anger management, I recommend that you take their advice.

That guy paid for his tickets too. As long as he's not causing any trouble, he should be allowed to paint his face.
    This isn't a movie. You should be on your feet and cheering on the team too. YOU KNOW THIS!!!

Yes, Anything less than back to back Super Bowls will be a failure. In 46 years, we didn't have LT, Rivers, Gates, Merriman, ect.
    Really should have thought that logic out!!! :yes:

BTW... as you call me "douche," "attention whore," and what ever else feeds your online muscles and ego... check the mirror. You're not the most well behaved and mature fan/poster either.

Have a good weekend, Angry Man!!!

I love walking trough Gaslamp and I plan to this weekend. I'm sure I'll run into some shady characters as expected in any city.
    Then I'll start a post all about how bad San Diego residents are and how those shady characters ruined my whole weekend.

I figued you and SL can use some company because misery loves company!!!
    :lol:

13. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,629
    That's rich, you giving me "anger management advice". :lol: I guess you've convieniently forgotten your '07 season long meltdown when you ruined just about every thread on this forum with your "Norv Sucks" ranting. But yeah, I need anger management.:lol:

I don't care if a guy/gal paints his/her face, see, that's where you miss the point: I don't care if people paint their faces, their balls, their boobs, wear their costumes, whatever, just don't BOTHER me with it by being a jackass when I'm trying to watch the game. Why can't you understand this? You can't seem to seperate that from the REAL issue I bring up: He/She/They are standing in my view of the game therefore ruining it in an attempt to be seen. It's frustrating. I paid my $200 for tickets, but I have to sit there and let Mr. Look At Me, Look At Me ruin my gameday experience because he just has to get on tv? I'll tell you what, you don't sit far from me in the stadium, maybe next game I'll just go and stand and scream for 3 hours in front of you and prevent you from watching the game? How's that sound? I'm sure that won't bother you one bit and then you'll think I'm the greatest Chargers fan in the history of the world.

BTW, I do stand and cheer, alot, but you just assume I just sit on my hands the whole game like I'm watching a movie. If all I wanted to do was sit on my *** and watch the game, you think I'd be spending $1800 a year for season tickets? Way to get make the wrong assumption yet again. Just another lame attempt by B4L to paint me as a ****** fan who hates other fans, well, **** you once again.

I love how you accuse me of doing pretty much whatever you do on the forum as well. We're all supposed to sit back and read your garbage over and over, but when someone else, be it myself or Savage or anyone else has a dissenting opinion from yours, God save us all, we're terrible fans who hate other fans, we need anger management, we're flexing our e-muscles, ect. Whatever. Get over yourself, neither YOUR nor MY opinion is better than ANYONE ELSE's opinion on this forum.

I look forward to yet another lame attempt from you to respond with anything remotely choherent and riddled with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_rofl:

14. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Group hug.

15. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Can the e-trash talk. It's time for FOOTBALL!!!!!!!:flag:

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Any place that packs 30-50,00 fans into championship HS games is truly fanatic. The Ohio state HS championship fill the Buckeye's or other major college team's stadiums.

17. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Yeah but Ohio reelcted Bush because "he's a sports guy."
    They're pretty stupid.

18. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Oh ****!

*runs to the closet to get his costume*

:icon_rofl:

19. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Applewhite would easily make our PS. However, I doubt he would stay on it.

He did very good in this preseason game, on special teams and when he was in.

I would like Applewhite over Polk. Carlos Polk is an old player who has shone bright in special teams, but could be easily replaced. He is injury prone suffering more injuries (one every year) that anyone else on our roster.

I think Applewhite makes the roster with a Polk cut.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,629
    I'd rather keep Applewhite over Polk as well. We've already seen the best Carlos can give us, there's more upside to Applewhite.

21. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Id rather get some of them tacos at that place by the airport you down ?sat ? whats the name again

22. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Lucha Libre Taco Shop on Washington.

I wish I could Marc but I'm gonna be outta town on Sat. If my plans change, I will DEFINATELY hit it up w/ ya.

23. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    k thanks im goin to bed got some serious ink to sling tommorrow ant its 330 am laterz

24. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    cant wait for some carne from the gods its been way too long im fiending

25. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Maybe Chris Mims knows.

26. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Can I get a H8er costume?

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

THANK YOU!!!:bolt:

RTL and SL... direct your hatred towards Panthers fans this weekend. Put it into Full Throttle when the Patsies, Ponies, Donkos, Retards, etc. come here!!!!!

There's enough Chargers fans bashing in other team's forums.
    DO NOT CONTRIBUTE!!!!

28. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,629
    Then quit yer snivelin' about every single thing we say and there won't be a problem.

Duh.

29. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +912
    I don't "hate" anyone, and I'll bash whoever the f*ck I like. Being a Chargers fan does not give anyone a pass with me. I see plenty of people at every game that I am embarrassed to be associated with simply because we like the same team. If some of our fans act like f*cking idiots, it's certainly my right to express my opinion of them. And if they think I'm an idiot, they can say the same thing about me.

That having been said, the vast majority of them are cool with me, and I always enjoy hanging out with cool people. If they also happen to be Chargers fans, that's just another plus for them.

This really has been beaten to death, I'm done for now. Bring on the Panthers!

30. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    We need group therapy...