1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

$50 million not enough for Clady

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Investing in re-bar for Peyton's neck might make more sense than paying Clady. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    I am definitely interested in seeing how "well" that contract works out for the Bucs. He definitely got paid, but I am glad it is not the Chargers who paid him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. _Oz

_Oz Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +31
    Yeah Bucks may have lost but VJ didn't! Chargers could have had him for far less than what they had to go out and pay other guys crowding a roster. VJ's problem was risking injury without a contract and Daddy called him a drunk, said no one wanted him, lied about his demands and didn't pay him THAT year. He sure got paid the next though as a franchise! Played nice and safe, didn't get injured and then JACKPOT! He's now very happy AJ was a burk and DIDN'T lock him up for what the Chargers could have had him for.

So hating the guy won't make it that he somehow lost. Deserve has nothing to do with it....he got PAID like it or not

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    how could the chargers have had him for less? We got a much BETTER upgrade THROUGHOUT the team and not in a WR.

5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    I do NOT have ANYTHING to SAY on this MATTER, except to NOTE that SOME people will MISS Vincent JACKSON and some will NOT!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Count me in the NOT camp & it has nothing to do with his salary or any hate. Not my $$, I don't care.

I'm a Virginia Tech homer & am ecstatic to have Royal on board. No conspiracy here .... I wish we had drafted Vick too. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    You were not supposed to quote that Buck. I was just pulling the chain of that (dancing) fool who needs to emphasize with caps.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sorry - seems I can't keep track of all of these rules any more. Must be the drugs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +378
    Not to worry Buck. Rules are for the US Supreme Court to invalidate. The rest of it is insignificant. Just don`t mess with the cops, military or anyone else better armed than you are. :D

10. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    and movie goers.. opps too soon?

11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    And you were in on the negotiations to know this?

You do realize that we got 4-5 starters for the same exact money as what VJ cost Tampa, right?

12. _Oz

_Oz Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +31

This year, he wouldn't have played for the Chargers if they offered more than Tampa. I'm talking about year one of AJ being an idiot with him. then the next year was the franchise year and it wasn't free (11.4 million=winning!) and he could have had him for far less than that (Acee was lying about the 10 mill demand but even that is less than 11.4 and Tampa's 10.1 AND the totals of the motley bunch of number 2 receivers now crowding the Chargers roster).

Did AJ trade him? No. This isn't about me thinking he was worth 9 mill or 10 mill--or whatever amount AJ would only pay him if he were franchised :confused:....this is about AJ messing the bed and not getting anything AND about you guys misdirecting your hate.

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    And once again, you were in the room and know what they were asking for?

There were no reports out that contradicting Acee about him wanting Brandon Marshall money, which was $10mil/yr, and was not much less than what VJ ended up getting 3 years later

14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    By the way, you will not here me defend AJ, since I agree that he was an A-hole in that situation. But that doesn't mean that I think he should have paid VJ what he asked for, just that he didn't need to be an *** about it

15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +900
    "lied about his demands"

Really? Where did you get this information? VJ's agents?

16. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +900
    I still don't understand why he was an a-hole. Are all of the other GMs currently making guys play on tenders or franchise tags a-holes too? Or do you just hate A.J., so the exact same behavior makes him an a-hole?

17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Most of them have at least been willing to negotiate, even if a deal didn't get worked out. AJ refused to even negotiate all for a power play, not a smart business thing

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    VJ tendered, didn't show up and didn't play until forced to by rule, lost three million. McNeil, showed played and got paid, winner. VJ tagged and played, albeit halfassed but did so. Paid 11 mil less 3 mil is like 9 mil, he made money but he didn't make the money he could have. I'm sure he's still wearing that 50 million dollar smile but Jacksonville is no San Diego either.

19. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +900
    Really, you know this how?

You know for a fact that A.J. didn't negotiate as some form of "power play?" Or do you get all of your information from Jay Paris and Jackson's two butt hurt agents? Or do you know it because a bunch of other Chargers fans said A.J. has a big ego?

20. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    You surpassed the 24 hour rule.;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,406
    An adamantium laced skeleton might be what's really needed......... Melvin is going to crush that fossil. ;)

[​IMG]

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,355
    You mean, Tampa, right?

23. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Yes I did mean Tampa but nasty humidity doesn't use a state map. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Technically if VJ has a huge bust out year Bucs stadium end zones could be referred to as Jacksonville!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Wait - I thought T-Rex is already a fossil? ;)

26. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629

Had the Chargers signed him to a long-term deal at the end of the 2009 season, VJ could likely have been had for Robert Meachem money, which would have been, per year, less than what Jackson was paid under the Franchise Tag and RFA salaries over the past 2 years.

27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    It is not known that VJ was ever thought of long term with the Bolt's after getting popped for driving on a suspended license. One thing is for sure, he is not a Bolt and his replacements aren't exactly dog shyte.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Deduction seduction. ;)

Everybody knows "the truth".

29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Yes, because AJ himself said so

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday070610

We’re not signing anyone right now. We’re taking our time. Those players would like long-term contracts. What we decided to do, which we thought was fair, was say, ‘Play for $3.2 million, and let’s see what happens at the end of the year with us.
    "

30. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Not if Acee was right, and I saw no reports saying he was wrong, when he said that he wanted Brandon Marshall money