1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

7 years later, fans in certain city wish they picked Rivers instead

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by msmith, Jan 4, 2011.

1. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
  2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    There just saying that because there at home. Too stubborn of NY fans to admit anything. But I do agree.

3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Well they are running out of steam in the Eli vs Rivers debate. It is becoming clear that PR is and will be the best of his draft class. I have even seen some steeler fans that are starting to feel this way too. Alot of that im sure has to do with Ben not being a focused adult franchise QB.

Suck it NYG you got fleeced worse than any other team in modern NFL. We got the best year out of 56, a most accurate Kicker thats still kickin to the chagrin of many. Again NYG not the fans, can Suck it!!

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    cept that damn SB ring

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Speakin of SBs and rings, I had a quandry earlier. When SB 50 gets here, will the NFL opt to advertise it as just 50 rather than in traditional roman numerals? I mean CMON Super Bowl L.... that does look weak in print vs SB 50.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I don't know, I'm just praying the Chargers win a SB BEFORE they get to 50. With Norv, might not happen....

7. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    I think threads like that are ridiculous. First let me state, I am a BIG Fan of Philip Rivers! However, if the Chargers drafted Rothlesburger and got two rings, or She-li and got 1 ring, would you post a thread about wishing to draft Philip Rivers at this stage of their careers. (obviously, there is no telling what the SB records will be when they all retire). Don't give me this BS about the defenses of those teams, I understand that, but the QB gets most of the credit, and fault of sucess and failure of any team.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree. But I am not sure Rotty comming here would have given us the two rings, or Sheli the one. I get your point however and agree.

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Im praying that they do it before I get to 50...31.25 years to go...

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    What's wrong with this thread? Would you rather have another Norv AJ hate thread?

I kinda like that the Gnat fans are pissed off.

11. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Meaning the one from the NYG message board. I actually, love to see other message boards implode.

My point being is that after being a Charger fan for 30 years, and not winning a SB, I doubt I'd be wanting to trade a SB QB for someone who has yet to win one, despite the upside. As much as I hate to admit it, Eli, and Rothlesburger were not necessarily, "Trent Dilfers" in thier wins. Then again, they weren't Joe Montana either, but who is.

Again, for the record, I am huge Philip Rivers fan for many reasons.

PS: My smilies do not work on this forum when replying, with this work browser, nor home. It is hard to communicate inflection, sarcasm, good natured ribbing. Any one else have that problem? This is the only interest forum, that I cannot access smilies. I can only do it, if I manually type a semi-colon, brackets, etc.

12. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    sorry buddy, I guess I got caught up in all the drama around here with all the whining & biotching about useless threads and such.

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

13. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    If we had a better coach we would already have won the super bowl. Tom Coughlin was year away from being fried after they started 0-2 in 2007. But he turn it around and took them to the promised land. Who's gonna take us?