1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

8/15 FIRST SEASON TAILGATE - WHO'S GOING?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 3, 2009.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Wanted to open a thread on who will be coming to the first game of the season and how we are organizing this year? I know Ivan started a thread a while ago but let's get started again and get ready for the season.

Who wants to help do what?

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I want to, but friends will be in town that weekend and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to ditch them early enough to make it to the Q for the festivities.

50/50

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Mr. Syd and I will be there! Would love to get together with folks from BT and do some gating - it's a Saturday night game so we'll be able to come early and really tailgate for once - yay!

I can bring stuff - not sure what is needed?

4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I'll see everyone for the Raven's Game.:icon_party:

5. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43
    Boltage Bimbo and I will be there. I will be bringing some hot dogs or something to share with people along with stone beer. Keepin it simple since it's a preseason game and we never know who or how many are going to show. a pot luck is what I am planning for. :bolt: Cheers!:icon_toast::tup:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    what else do you want to be brought to it then?

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I am there with my youngest, the oldest has to be back on the 14th.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eat My Boltage

Ratings:
    +43
    As far as who brings what? don't know, We will be needing chips and dip, baked beans, potato salad, maybe a vegie plate also some brats or sausages along with the dogs I am bringing. also need buns for the dogs and brats.:tup: So those of you who want to step up and help out that would be great. I will be bringing some tables. But I will only be bringing my small grill for the dogs. :abq2: oh and ketchup and mustard or relish if you like.:icon_toast:

9. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Dang...I'm actually in town next week but have to leave Friday.

I'll wait 'til they count :yes:

10. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am going but the only thing I can bring is $$$ for the gater and that is it. Sorry.

11. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I could bring a few types of sausage to help out, maybe some buns as well

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I got my tickets but I'm not sure when I'll get there. Cause I'm moving during the day.

13. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I can bring Potato Salad and Fruit Salad :D

14. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    I will be there, but may not be able to arrive early enough to tailgate :-(.

15. Eat My Boltage

Ratings:
    +43
    All help is welcomed and we will do the best we can with what we have. the main thing is........ HAVE FUN!!!!!!!:icon_banana:

16. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    are you setting up in M3 with the other forums...

17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I have the same ??? here are we going to be at our typical F3/G3 location or are we going to be with the M4 area?

I will be there but would like to know where we will be at. Sorry.

18. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    EMB and I will be at F3/G3 first and then maybe swinging by M4 later. Give us a heads up Turbo if you're gonna have your pimp cane out there saving our spot and we will have our usual treat there for you, Stone Beer! :icon_toast:

19. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I will be at the F3/G3 site trying to guard it but the Big Problem is going to be the people with Parking Passes that will probably try take the Real Estate well before the actual gates open. Which will be an hour before the gates open and a little bit earlier. They get to park early due to their Passes. I am hoping that there is not going to be anyone who has the Parking Passes that will take the place and or places. :unsure:

That is one thing we will need to contend with this season due to the Parking passes. There is going to be huge A$$Holes that might take the F3/G3 spots all to their own. Again I hope it will not happen but it might. unfortunately. :unsure:

I will though swing by later with the M4 gang to see what is up and to hang a bit as well. :tup: :icon_toast:

20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    So since you guys are bringing dogs how many more do you want or should I bring something different?

21. Boltz

Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    i am going with a friend..he usually invites me to a bunch of games and surprisinlgy, i am pumped, even though its pre-season, there is something about this season, too bad the economy is so bad and the chargers games might be blacked out, but its not bad fans or anything, but who wants to spend hundreds of dollars when you can watch it in HD on a huge TV for free. Get rid of TV'S and your attendance will increase.

:bolt:

22. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I plan on being at the Q at 3 :D so if you need an extra car to help guard the spots when us regular folk can get in my little volvo is happy to take up some room ;)

23. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. We just need a posse to guard the prime Real Estate that F3/G3 is. :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :tup:

24. Eat My Boltage

Ratings:
    +43
    I got the dogs ... Hebrew National beef dogs, those are the bomb. If you want to bring some Johnsonville Brats or something that would be great.:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Eat My Boltage

Ratings:
    +43
    I am stopping by Stone after work and picking up a 2 liter growler of old guardian barley wine, smoked porter, and some arrogant bastard.:icon_toast:

26. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    that i shall!

27. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I have to work both days this weekend, but I will be there.

28. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    YES and a happ birthday to you syd

29. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    OH ALSO ,this year at the monday nighter my friend JAY our token jet fan that came to SD with me will be joining me again for the chargers donkey game at our tailgate he will of course be routing for the blue and gold we will bring something tasty with us just figured id let everyone know hell be ready to try and take the shotgun crown this year get your skillz to par

30. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'll be there closer to five, i'm going to get a lift into the stadium. Do have the brats, if you need me to bring buns tell me today or tomorrow