1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

8pt lead with 6:16 left and we lose?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Jan 14, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Funny how our secondary has bad hands all the time and we bring in mccree to bring in stability and use those hands of his for some ints from good positioning and of all the times when our DBs choose to catch the ball, it ****s us over

2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Ironic that the one guy who always seemed to catch picks this season was Hart and he dropped an easy one in his bread-basket. The guys who kept dropping picks left and right, Florence and McCree, both actually held on to 'em tonight, yet both of those players still found a way to F-up royally.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Fuk that, how about Reche smoking a cigarette all by his lonesome waiting for the ball in the endzone?

Pretty much everyone not named Tomlinson, Edwards, Turner, or Rivers had a **** day.

4. Jamesboltz21

Jamesboltz21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    What the hell happened with our defense, we have the best defense in the National League and we let them score on multiple occasions.

5. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    **** day awards go to:

McCardell
    Parker
    Jackson
    Goff
    Olivea
    Jamal
    Igor
    Lights On
    Drayton
    Kaeding
    Kiel
    McCree
    Polk

Props go to:

Manu
    LT
    Burner
    PR
    Lozo
    Big Mac
    Dielman/Harddick
    Godfrey
    Cro
    Osgood

That's it.

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    By the way guys I don't believe Merriman anymore... it is clear to me that he was on roids and on them intentionally. He has lost a lot of power... he can no longer bullrush tackles like he used to and now his only moves are rip/swim that's it. To go from being able to bullrush Willie Roaf last year to getting thrown around this year says it all and you can see it on the playing field, he is not fooling me. Merriman is no longer the player I thought he was and will never be as dominant as I thought he could be.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    McCree did what any of us would've wanted him to do, intercept a pass thrown right at him

it was just an example of the whole damn day that he fumbles it. He didn't even really run it that far like Hart did at buffalo, it was stripped from him almost immediatley

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Clear huh? He had 7 or 8 sacks after returning and dont forget....he tested possitive IN AUGUST!!

9. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Merriman Can't Be our entire defense.

He played well with double coverage.

We need WR to score points on throwing. We got away with it earlier, however now we need some better recievers.

7-10 dropped balls in a game of 12 completed and 30 thrown is not a good number. Rivers were on target.

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    The manner in which he got those sacks... none of them involved bullrushing or at least I don't think? Just looks like he lost a shitload of power out on the field. I was hoping for more Ryan Lilja pwnages but they never happened. Only players he can blow up are RBs and even now, he can't strike em with as much force

11. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    The fact he was on the sidelines getting treatment for an injury couldn't have had anything to do with it?

12. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    actually, our defense did a very good job. They gave up 3 FGs and two TDs, one of which came after McCree's idiotic fumble on a short field.

They held the pats to a punt which was then fumbled by parker.... then, held them again to a 4th down until Florence felt the need to join the idiot parade. Then, held them to a FG. I think the D played quite well considering how inept the offense was.

If we don't play like crippled, stupid goats, the pats probably only score 13 points. We should have beat them 31-13..... but nooooooo.... everyone decided to play stupid for three and a half hours.

13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    You got to give some love to my boy on this list. He manned up cept for the offsides, which was pretty painful.

14. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Remember he was swimming the whole day with a 300 pound line attached to his neck. I have never seen so many closeline holds of a player in all my life. Refs could have called 5-6 holding penalties on the Pats easy.

He will have 15+ sacks again next season.

15. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    i saw that too...:yes:

I was absolutely livid!! I was standing in my living room screaming at the T.V.

When Nance said that Merriman had been owned by Light My comment was that Light didn't own Merriman he owned the Umpire.

There were at least two sacks and three or four knock downs avoided by those holds:icon_evil: