1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

9-7 could win the AFC West this year...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Nov 4, 2007.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

At this moment right now, I have to disagree.
    Sure we beat up on the horrible teams but we don't stand a chance against an average team!!!

The loss at home to the Quiefs has already come back to bite us in the ***. Hope we can shake it in the end!!! :icon_evil:

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    9-7 win the AFC west? Hell, 8-8 might win it.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You're such a damn optimist.

:bolt: 7-9 AFC West Champs

:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  4. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    We need to hope 8-8 can win it.
    The way the team plays, I can see losses to Indy, J-ville, Tennesse, and Detroit.

5. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I don't like how we keep having to lower the bar...I'm tired of mediocrity...or worse.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, that's what us Charger fans have now been reduced to...hoping the other teams lose, so we can back in.:tdown:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We have to get ahead of the Quiefs!!!
    The ONLY chance we have of making the Playoffs!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Disappointing and frustrating with the amount of talent we know we have on that team...

:mad:

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I was thinking of bling and beef just the other day...really :icon_huh: I think there was once a UT poll...

10. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Are you sure the poll wasn't boobs and beer ??? :icon_shrug:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But if the Quiefs finish at 9-7, no playoffs for the Bolts!!! :broncfan:

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, we've got to get ahead of the Chiefs! I don't know that 9-7 will get us a wild card, so we must win the division. The only bright spot yesterday was that all division foes lost - 3 of 4 to NFC North teams!

WTF????

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :lol: - The whole right side of our O-Line is ****. Igor suckass and Jamal gets lots of praise yet that dude has lost his edge. :icon_eek: Castillo is always hurt this year and McKinney is raw. After that we really do not have squat.

Fans are biitching about the secondary when the front 7 looks like fuc all. Dre Bly and Bailey are suppose to be the **** and I would not want that tandem here over Jammer and Cro/Flo.

A quality front 7 does not get run on for 300 yards by one ********.

14. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    So now its the "make it to the playoffs" party line????

WTF!!!

I'M PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!

FUK THE PLAYOFFS!!!

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

15. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    :lol::yes::lol:you are right...****:icon_eek: Oh no we suck again.

16. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Agreed agreed agreed, I really don't give a **** about the playoffs with this roster. For whatever reason they aren't very good anymore, pretty much every aspect of our squad is striving for mediocrity. Well, we did have a few talented teams that went one and done in recent memory, maybe this piece of **** team can reverse the bad playoff luck, but I doubt it.

17. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

What a bunch of BS...there's really only one thing that's changed about this team from last year, do you have any idea what that might be? AND, as I recall, wasn't Castillo hurt for 4 games last year?...and Mckinney had even less experience.
    To many posters in here have their head up AJ's arse. Like it or not, he's the reason this team is now very average, and it has allot more to do with the HC and DC than the players.
    News flash!!! Coaching matters allot more in the NFL than any other sport.

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The line coaches are the same (Wayne Nunnely, Hal Hunter and even our QB coach - Ramsdell) who are all proported gurus.

Too many posters such as yourself like to claim it is an AJ up the *** fest and that comment in and of itself is full of ****.

So Castillo was hurt 4 game last year just goes to prove the guy is always hurt.

I bet you were claiming you were wrong and loved Norv when we beat the **** out of the Broncos in one of their most humiliating losses and now find the room to say "I told you so". Typical :lol:

19. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Getting to the playoffs is pretty meaningless to me if we are not a good team and the only reason we get there is by default and playing in a division with worse teams...I want us to be a good team...and I don't think we can get there with the visionless coaching staff we have now. The players are definitely not thriving under Norv and Ted, and Rivers appears to be regressing badly. We look like amateurs out there.

I'd rather cut our losses now...get rid of Norv and Ted...and let the chips fall where they may for this season. It's already pretty dismal anyway.

I am far from being a football expert (and I probably sound stupid to those of you who are, sorry), but it's just how I feel. I don't see how this team could do worse with a new set of coaches, and if we get the right coaching team in there, maybe by next season this can completely turn around.

The Pats and Indy are playing superior football and deserve to win the SB. We do not.

Now I am going back to sleep. Maybe when I wake up, things will look rosier. Doubtful though. Unless AJ announces that Norv and Ted are gone in that little press conference coming up...

I'm not even singing the playoff mantra...I would rather work on fixing what is wrong with this team at this point...so by next season we will be ready...we have the players. Now we need real leaders...you cannot downplay the importance of effective coaching and true vision. Somewhere there is a head coach who is a good fit for this team...and it is not Norv.