1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A Bolt loss each month, probably will happen

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Even with the upset from the Carolina game, let's look at this situation this way. I was fully preparing for a Bolt loss each month of the season. One in September, one in October, one in November, and one in December. That would give us a 12-4 record. Even if there was another upset game in the season (which is possible) that would still leave us at 11-5, and winning the division. You don't have to have the best record in football to win the SB, as previous years have showed us.

September (Carolina loss)

October (at Buffalo, possible loss)

November (at Pittsburgh, possible loss)

December (at Tampa Bay, possible loss)

2. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Yeah, I know we always want to win but it is almost impossible to win 'em all. It is the record at the end that matters.

:abq2:Go Bolts! :abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I don't think anybody cares about that or expects it.
    What concerns me is the lack of fire and passion I saw on Sunday.

4. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    The offense looked better later in the game.

I do expect to see the defense pick it up as I think we all know that is why the game was lost. I hope the loss provides the proper motivation to fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You and me both, bro. I thought last year would provide enough motivation. We'll see.

6. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Everyone is saying they're worried about the chargers on how they might do because of the loss...yet everyone thinks the colts will be the best team in the afc when they got beat...excuse me TRAMPLED by the bears. yet we lost in the last 2 seconds by 2 points by a better team. Whatever they're wack.:tdown:

7. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

The defense only gave up 107 yards in the second half as well.

8. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The Chargers are damn good, damn good. There just needs to be some better playcalling on the defensive side and a more tackling from the defensive players. I mean look at Green Bay; they were fantastic last night because they attacked a got physical with that offensive line. Just attack! If it's a run we hit them quicker and if it's a pass we scare the quarterback into a making a poor decision.

9. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    People think that Jake D. is a bad QB. He didn't play last year and he was hurt the year before. Take away the starting QB from any team and see if they can go just under .500 like the Panthers.

Now put the QB back along with a much improved O-line, defense, and Stewart in the running game.

Panthers will probably win 10 games this season. Last season when Greenbay pulled out a win everyone commented on the Chargers losing to a bad team. Looked how that turned out. The Panthers are a team like Greenbay, bad a couple of years because of injuries, but much improved.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Way later.

Where was that offense that I saw in the last 8 minutes?

11. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    It was there, look no further than 3rd quarter drive for a field goal. It wasn't there in the first half so it was halftime adjustment and we won't make those mistakes again.

12. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I think the Chargers will be put to the test next week. We should dominate the Donks. The Donks have proven they can dominate a Pop Warner team (the Ratturds). To me, the first week can be a wake up call, but we must wake up! Going 1-3 to start a season (as we did last year) is not acceptable for a team of this caliber. Bottom line is making it to the playoffs, but still some pride and preparation is important. After seeing our performance at the beginning of recent years, I’m starting to favor less preseason games, and more regular season games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Tucker will get better as the season goes on, and Cooper will be back after his 4 game suspension. Even with Merriman now officially gone for the season, we should not miss a beat winning the AFC, and going to the SB. Carolina is a good enough team to get 10 wins this year, and they have been hampered by injures the past 2 seasons.

If we would have lost 26-10 or something like that, then there would be a real issue. Crushing the Broncos this week will get us on the right track. I figured we would be 6-1 in our first 7 games, and we still can be. :tup: