1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Dubya is a "W" The positives...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Losing Jerod Mayo, last years' NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, in the first quarter caused some pain to the linebacking squad. Mayo is the defensive play caller, and they were kind of winging much of the rest of the game.

He hurt his knee, and the Patriots have been pretty quiet about how bad it is. The only thing coming out of Boston is it isn't as bad as Brady's knee last year...not exactly comforting.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Both teams essentially were sucking eggs for 3 quarters and then the 4th quarter happened.

Great teams and great QBs win it in the 4th quarter.

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    TELL ESPN how you felt about those announcers we had last night!

I did.

Can you tell me why I have to listen to the crap that came out of those 3 Raiders Homers mouths that you forced me to listen to last night!

Pure freaking garbage!

If they continue to call games, then I will find another channel to watch, I refuse to listen to their crap anymore! I had gotten so fed up with them slobbering all over the Raiders, I turned my Audio off on the TV, I was afraid that if anymore garbage came out, they would break my speakers!

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    QFT.

Mike Tirico, Ron "Jaws" Jaworski, and Jon Gruden did the Pats-Bills game and were light years better. Fortunately, I think they will be the regular MNF crew and a patchwork setup was done for our game.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    that's why they're the A team, A team always covers the first of the two double header games.

Positives
    Good heart and desire by the team to fight on
    Improvement in the offensive line on the last two drives
    Legedu Naane has national 'coming out' party
    Mike Scifres and Nate Kaeding were solid
    Darren Sproles continues to be a hell of a weapon

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    12 in a row

7. azravenfan

azravenfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Newly signed up Ravens fan here. Congrats on a great victory, it was a great game to watch. It will be a rather interesting game this Sunday. Both teams didn't play all that impressively but got the job done. More important for you guys is that you won a road division game to start the season, which is always nice to get one under the belt so early.

I think it will be interesting to see how the Chargers mix up their offense and protect Rivers and also how serious were the injuries you sustained. I think as a fan you always want to win but if some of the top people of the other team are out because of injuries you tend to wonder if you would have won if they were healthy. Our weaknesses last week were special teams and penalties as well as a costly turnover and it almost cost us the game. I do expect us to try to pound the ball like Oakland did as we do have a pretty formidable running tandem. Receiver wise we are very questionable beyond Mason, but we shall see. I

Guys like Sproles can give the Ravens fits as he is similar to the RB on the Titans that killed the Ravens when he was healthy in the AFC Playoffs last season, til he got hurt. I know that we will be having a fairly decent contingency of Ravens fans at the game and hopefully they will represent our city with some class and not act like some of the Ravens trolls here on your boards. Obviously San Diego is one the top cities any fan of an opposing team would want to visit and for me it is easy as I am a transplanted Baltimorean in Arizona who will make his third trip for a Ravens Chargers game. I was hoping that my third trip would have been for the AFC Championship last year, but it wasn't meant to be. Anyway, I welcome any responses to this as I am not here to talk smack and be a jerk, I respect fans of other teams too much.

8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    what a pleasure, we have had a couple of other trolls come in here all ready. We played well enough to win. A lot of of us would of liked the butt whopping like many other "EXPERTS" said would happen. But the Raiders have improved, and if they ever get a Quarterback, they might just win a few games. Our Oline was hit hard by a team that was hitting hard, and a few players did not return to the game. We are not going to start playing the injury card, we all know that players get hurt throughout the season, its a part of the game. Its how deep your bench is, and we will find that out for the game against your boys.

9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I like Gruden, he tells it like he sees it and doesnt try and sugar coat it.

10. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976

IMO........

the doubleheader on Monday Night is horrible. If they want 2 games, then broadcast 2 games at the same time and let the fans decide which one they want to see. It was almost 2 in the morning on the East Coast when ours ended, how many people do you think stayed up to watch our game? And yet we had to wait for their game to end, AND watch a 10 minute analysis of it. I kept yelling at them to shut up and switch to Oakland.

11. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    The crew we had was basically Mike and Mike in the evening

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,355
    Plus Steve Young, who was WORSE than then other two combined. Golic asked Young a question and he simply couldn't spit it out. Keep Steve Young in the studio. He's slightly better reading from a script.

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Why have a MNF game at Oakland early in the season...? The baseball cutouts are stupid and the field looked like ***...

that is all...

14. azravenfan

azravenfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem. We have our board on baltimoresun.com and you can imagine the trolls we have as our biggest rival is the Steelers. We do have some decent Steeler fans who post who are respectful even if their opinions differ, but you know a troll from usually the first line they type. But we welcome other fans over there and if they respect us, they get it in return, plain and simple human etiquette. Oakland certainly looked tougher than KC and we let them back into the game with our mistakes but I think they fought hard the whole game until the end when we finally put it away.

No, I don't want to use injuries as an excuse, as we Ravens fans know we had enough last year and with the bye week the third week of the year thanks to the hurricane in Houston you never heard one complaint from the team. It was us fans that were moaning about being hurt and tired and all that and we were perhaps one penalty away from the Super Bowl. Our bench is deep on the DL and linebackers.

I worry about our OL with a key injury or two and certainly the secondary. Our kicker is new and we had to say goodbye to Stover, but he is standing by his phone should our kicker Hauschka faulter. He has a much stronger leg as he is much younger, but Stover won many games for the Ravens, and he was the only remaining original Cleveland Brown left. Our long snapper had some absolutely horrible snaps and that is a concern too as Carr, who we signed from Tenn did not live up to expectations on returning punts, too much east-west running. Much room for improvement and I am sure you are critical of your team too. As fans we should be because we want to win every game. I would feel much more confident if we had this game at home, but that's the way the schedule is and we will have to win a few tough games on the road anyway. So, here's to a good game, few injuries, hopefully none serious and a victory for............... (fill in the blank please, I am sure we will agree to disagree here!). Good luck AFTER this Sunday.

15. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    co-sign