1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

a few bright spots:

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Sep 14, 2010.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    With all the doom and gloom. Let's take a moment and point out a few bright spots... especially on D.

Cason... man that guy f*cking shut them down. He looked awesome. Chambers couldn't do sh*t.

Weddle... this guy was everywhere. Making tackles for loss. Stopping the run, smacking recievers around. It's awesome to see this guy finally make a turn. He looked great.

Burnett... finally healthy. He was making tackles everywhere. It was great. I kept hearing his name. Finally found our upgrade from that turd Matt Wilhelm.

Dombrowski... held his own. Looked good. Played solid. Especially when our line was crumbling. Love to see him on the right side.

Nanee... glad I picked this dude up in the last round of my draft. Hopefully he'll keep getting better.

Buster... had a nice catch or two, and didn't tear is vagina. Which is awesome.

Anyways, we shut their offense down, and we made some big plays. Mathews is going to be good, it just might take a few games. Not a complete loss, I wish VJ was in there, he would have made either of those catches in the final four plays.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Nate didn't miss any FGs.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    cason didn't do anything impressive. it's easy for a cb to look good in those weather conditions and the play where he kind of batted the ball from chambers was due more to the fact that chambers ahd to turn around and come back to the ball plant-and-drive style while cason just had to go forward which was a lot easier to do. the only thing he did well was time his move so that PI didnt get called on him. cason didnt show anything in that game really.

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    FINALLY a positive non "Sky Is Over", "End is Near", "Chicken Little" post! Refreshing and totally agree! :tup:

5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Let's revisit this week 17.

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    We have sucked in September since Norv has arrived. Nothing new. We always come back.

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    To make you feel better, when he was takin his practice FGs before the game and before the end of halftime he missed several waaay wide. Im not sure if it was by design, or he had a intention of hittin some unaware KC fans with a wild ball. in 2nd half practice he missed one left and one right before finaly gettin one strait through.

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Another bright spot I didnt see a single ball thrown to D Bowe up until the 3rd quarter. And when I noticed he was in single coverage and called the ball goin to him, Cason was the defender and sure enuff they threw it to him only to be dropped after the hit. Also Cason had a nice 1st down saving shoelace taclke on not sure who that would have been 1st down or more.

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Kevin Burnett is 99 right? IF so he blew a good chance to stuff McCluster before he made Weddle look silly in the open field.

Also Weddle spent most of the time I saw being the only S covering the deep field. Course that has to do with the fact we knew they couldnt pass and had to run so we had 8-9 man boxes.

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I thought Cason was quite impressive. There were several times where Cassel had time to sit back in the pocket and scan the field, but no one was open. To say that he was not impressive because the ball he knocked away on third down could have been thrown better? does not make a lot of sense. It's almost impossible to stop a perfect route and a perfect throw. Cason was in position to break up the pass. He deserves credit for that.

Cason manned up on Chambers alot in that game. And what did Chambers have? One catch?

The defense impressed me in this game. I know the Chiefs are the greatest offense, but we really made them look putrid, save the one long run by Charles. That needs to be fixed. But the D line was stout, pushing the pocket and shutting down running lanes.

11. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    Really, after re-watching the game, I have very little criticism of our D except on the long TD run. I thought they were quite impressive, even if it WAS the Chiefs. Our offense stunk it up for a while. And our special teams was just atrocious. Absolutely horrible!! Crosby has no business being a coach. This guy is a confused, befuddled old fart. He looks like he has no clue out there. The last couple of years have seen a fairly good STs, but he's back to the horror show that we had several years ago. That was just inexcusable. Scifres was hitting them inside the ten and there was nobody there..... bouncing into the endzone for touch backs. Just no excuse.

I thought the coaching during the last four plays of the game was suspect. We have two runners that can pound the rock. We give it to Sproles...... just too many things wrong with that to even get into now.

I don't know why we don't have a quick hit pass down on the goal line. I mean, as soon as the receiver hits the goal line, spin around and the ball is there. PR is sitting there waiting and waiting and looking and looking...... with the pressure closing in on him. Throw that ball in a two step drop like Fouts used to do.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Is it possible, that Scifres was outkicking his coverage due to the sloppy conditions? He crushed a couple (as usual).

I'm NOT making excuses, just searching for a possible answer.

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Did you think I was being serious considering he didn't have any attempts?

Once again you've fallen for one of my classic pranks.

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,413
    He had one set up perfectly that the Special-Ed Teams screwed up by standing in the endzone while trying to finish the job.

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Oh s--t, let's pray it doesn't come down to that. I know Nate doesn't want that either. I think I'll be leaving the room if it does, and it just might. Lord have mercy......