1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A few words about Forum Wars

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, May 20, 2008.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I just wanted to take a moment to talk to everyone about these so called "forum wars" that seem to erupt from time to time. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then great.

There has been some flaming between members of this board and other Chargers boards. It seems that it starts up around this time every year. Please don't get involved. Not here or else where.

It's long been the policy of the this board not to allow members to incite forum wars between other boards. The following quote has been part of our Terms Of Service (TOS) here since day one.
    We are all Charger Fans regardless of which forum we frequent most. If you enjoy visiting our Chargers boards, that's great. I enjoy visiting several other boards from time to time. But if you are a regular poster here and get into it with another poster at another board, the perception is that it's a BoltTalk poster over there to cause problems at another board. Right or wrong, that IS the perception.

I'm calling for us to do our part in putting an end to these forum wars once and for all. If you have problems with another poster here or at another site, try to let it go. If you can't, use the ignore function. I believe all the major Charger fan boards have this function.

I believe this is going to be one of the best season ever for Charger fans. Let's let go of this drama and enjoy the ride this season will bring. I see great things happening this season. I know I want to enjoy this season with the least amount of drama possible. I don't think I'm alone in wanting that.

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

BRA-A-A-A-A-A-AVO!

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I second that emotion. No more drama. :no:

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    No, nothing you've said here helps, nor is it accurate. Stop being part of the problem leisure. If you truly want to end forum flaming, show it by example.

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I think that the major problem is that the forum you are speaking about doesn't allow dissenting opinions. Since many of us post here far more frequently than the other boards, simply because we want to read another board and call someone out for being full of **** doesn't mean that we are doing so in the name of Bolt Talk, it's owner, or the many great people that post here that could care less about what happens on other sites. Too many posters there see anyone from this site with a differing opinion and it immediately turns into "Go back to Bolt Talk you POS!!!", then comes the flaming, then comes the banning. Fuq that, all that makes people want to do is fight back.

Shammy was attacked for representing BT, and yet run a search on the guys posts here. He RARELY ever posts here anymore. Yet that imbecile multi of Day-Ron goes into full blown attack mode towards this site, the people here, and the only recourse/punishment levied is he's coddled and protected by their resident female mod. It's a joke.

If you are asking us to no longer post at other forums, screw that. I have never done anything "In the name of Bolt Talk" there, nor would I. It's just assumed. I fail to see why we should be lectured because they are too stupid to know the difference.

7. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Damn, I guess that I'm missing out on all sorts of fun!:icon_tease:

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :tup:

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    EC, I understand what you're saying. I really do. I am not asking you to no longer post at other forums, nor would I ever do that.

I am not saying that anything was done in the name of BoltTalk either. I am saying that that can be the perception though by those that don't know.

I'm sorry you took this as lecturing, that was in no way my intention.

For those that don't know which forum we're referring to, it the Union Tribune Chargers Forum.

Maybe that forum doesn't allow dissenting opinions. We have no control over how they run their forum. I have been speaking with them to see if the BoltTalk bashing can be tuned down and maybe that will do some good, maybe it won't. I don't know. But I do know that there are still a lot of good people posting over there. Some of which I really consider friends.

This fighting between the forums has gotten to the point where some people feel they need to take sides. This forum wasn't started to start some kind of war. I was started to talk about the Chargers and even more, to build a community of Charger fans. To really build relationships with each other as not only fans, but as friends. That was the intention at least.

You and I know that some people are just jerks and no matter what they are going to try and start some conflict. Those types love to get this stuff going and sit back and watch their handy work. I don't want them to have that satisfaction.

That forum does it's thing and we do ours. My hope is that we can take the high road and hopefully they will too. Some may have valid complaints about that forum. Some over there might not like what we do over here. That's just life.

All I'm asking is that we try to get along and be aware that there are some that will try and twist any conflict into a board war. I'm not perfect and have probably done things on these boards that I wouldn't do now. Maybe I'm naive but I still think making an effort to stop this back and forth fighting is worth it. I mean, we are all Chargers fans, aren't we?

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Why would anybody bother posting in the UT forum these days? :icon_shrug:

11. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151

You're not? Well, then I've had it with this forum! We can't talk **** about other boards and now I find out Thumper isn't perfect!? Screw this... I'm outta here!!! :icon_sad:

Just this thread. I'm not really leaving. I wouldn't give some of you bastards the satisfaction of never reading any of my posts again.

12. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Guess I Missed All The Commotion...

What Happened And Did I Have Anything To Do With It???

Seeing That I Frequent A Few Boards And Bump Heads From Time To Time...

:cool:

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    :icon_huh: :lol:

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This poster "Ηλεκτρική έδρα" was a particularly nice touch.

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yeah, Daron was welcomed here awhile back.

Is there any proof that Daron has a multi over there??

jes axtin

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    leisure, when you came back here, you agreed to behave yourself, and up until recently you have. Recently however, you've begun with little jabs at me, this website, posters here, and BoltTalk moderators.

I'm not going to give you any further warnings publicly. You will receive infractions or a banning from here if you continue. Don't continue this.

17. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362

Thumper well said.:yes:

I do not participate in forums very much, I don’t have the time. My son turned me on to BT, so I gave it a try. I quickly gained the sense of community, where virtual relationships were built around a common interest “the Chargers”. One day someone will call me an idiot for voicing an unpopular opinion, the next subject they are totally supportive; kind of like a family. From what I can tell, hard-feelings are typically non-existent (with a few exceptions) on the BT site.

I’m surprised that there are conflicts between forums that support the same team. I have never been to the UT site, so I don’t have any knowledge of how it is run. If my interpretation of the issue is correct, it appears the “sense of community” built by these two forums out weights the common support for the Chargers. That is unfortunate; if I was big into blogging/posting the diversity in the different forums would be welcome.
    Bottom Line, I support what you are requesting.:tup:

:icon_tease: Oh…one exception….see the double secret thread!

• Like Like x 1
  18. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205

I've Dealt With This First Hand

:cool:

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I agree pretty much 100% with the sentiments in this thread.

Since this place was brought to my attention (thank you, leisure) I probably have less than a dozen posts on other Chargers forums... In fact, were they not referenced here, I'd probably have forgotten they even existed long ago. :lol:

This place offers everything I want in a fan discussion forum. And I really dig the attitudes and styles of so many of the posters... I just love it here and quite frankly couldn't care less what happens anywhere else.

20. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    If that's your premise, I can't agree with you.

Have you ever read any of Booman's posts?

• Like Like x 1
  21. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

Your opinion of me as a mod or an admin really does mean much to mean since you have clearly stated how much you dislike or disagree with just about everyone of them that you have come into contact with.

The irony of it is that you are the worst nightmare a mod can have. You stick by the forum rules and yet post things that intentionally anger and frustrate other members. Then when they retaliate you play the victim card.

Say what you want about me, it doesn't phase me in the least. I will concede the point that I have made mistakes in my function as a mod/admin at this site. The first was defending you because your posts were very unpopular but within forum guidelines. There is a difference between what is acceptable and what is best for the forum. I chose to mind the rules as opposed to keep in mind what was best for this forum.

The second was taking certain people's frustration of me (for protecting you) personally. I did respond to some attacks at another site and for that I am sorry.

That being said, realize that most here consider you a detriment to this site and to continue to offend those people while at the same time attacking the few friends you still have left here seems like a foolish idea.

On that note I agree with Thumper's original post and support it 100%

• Like Like x 2
  22. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Your avatar is a real eye-catcher, man! :icon_rofl:

Love it! :tup:

23. vachargerfan

vachargerfan New Member

Ratings:
    +134
    If I of all people can put the past in the past, I am sure every one else can :icon_toast::abq2::icon_tease:

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Hey. when we want any lip offa you...:icon_evil:

:icon_tease: :icon_party:

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629