1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A few words about LLV accusations.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thumper, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I normally don't talk about what happens on other forums, but when I logged on a few moments ago, I got a barrage of PMs regarding the latest drama over at LLV. Some of the PMers apparently believed what was being said over there, others called it the latest conspiracy. Decide for yourself.

Some background about LLV for those of you that don't know what it is. There was a poster here that goes by the name of leisure. He was by far the most disruptive poster ever to register at BoltTalk. This poster has been banned at the Union Tribune forums, Glorify the Past, chargers.com and other forums. My biggest mistake was to give him way too many chances here. I've always believed that everyone was welcome here regardless of their point of view as long as the could get along with others. leisure could not and we lost a lot of members because of it. While he was a member, it would not be an exaggeration to say that he was involved in 90%+ of the conflict on this board.

When he (after many, many chances) wore out his welcome here, he started his own website with one of the stated goals to do whatever he could to destroy BoltTalk. This website didn't get much traffic until he discovered that by creating some sort of drama over here or about myself or other members of this forum, he could generate some traffic. For the most part, I've taken the high road and just disregarded what he said about me and BoltTalk. I disregarded things like the supposed sex tape he had of me and the list goes on. At one point, I did confront him on his website to explain that everything he was sayng were lies, for which I was promptly banned.

Well, he's finally found something that I need to respond to. Here is an example of one of the PMs I received today.
    To be 100% clear. I have done nothing to anyone's account here on the BoltTalk forums (or any place else). Nobody that mentioned any problems on the thread at LLV with their account had any restrictions placed on their account here, period. Just did not happen. :no:

It's very clear cut how we handle problems here. If a member is causing a problem, the mods have all been instructed to try and help resolve the problem. If the person is unreasonable and wants to continue, that person receives an infraction. After enough infractions are received, the person is banned. At first temp bannings, but eventually a permanent ban is given. End of story. We have no need to do anything else.

One thing was installed yesterday however. I installed something that requires guests to register after they they've been viewing the forum for a while. Previously a guest could read the forums as long as they wanted to. Now, after viewing the threads as a guest these lurkers will be given a message recommending that they register or login to the forum. If they don't, they will eventually be restricted from viewing the forum. This affects guests only and wouldn't restrict any members in anyway.

I must say that I'm usually not affected by this forum stuff. I mean, I know leisure is a slimeball and makes it his goal to to convince people how evil I am, but what hurts is when people I trusted and respected run over to that website to roast me without any knowledge of the truth. I've been forwarded segments of that thread and it's horrible how smart people are so easily deceived.

I most of the instances, I have no idea why or if anyone was having problems, except for one. I'm not privy to the entire thread at LLV, but this image was forwarded to me.
    [​IMG]
    In this instance, the URL was typed incorrectly. There is nothing at the URL typed, so obviously nothing would be found. The correct URL would be http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/index.php. Please notice that I added the "forums" part. I only post this, because this was offered as proof that I've restricted a person's account, when really what happened is someone jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Now Electric Chair has been one of the most critical of me in this instance. He is someone I for the most part respect. He has previous experience as a moderator. I have asked him to join us and become a moderator here. If he takes me up on this offer he can get a first hand view of how BoltTalk is managed. He can see first hand that none of the stuff he's accused me of happens here ever. Sometimes people need to just let go of this drama stuff and stop trying to fabricate it where there is none.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,672
  3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Thank you very much. It is much appreciated.

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Agree 100% about EC. He's a good guy. I also agree about leisure. I have been ignoring him completely, but when I have 12 PMs from LLV regulars telling me they have 60 pages of garbage roasting me, it's hard. Especially when there is no truth to any of it.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm sorry to hear about this.

I agree with jdog... leisure is just a weird motherfuquer. I NEVER paid any attention to any of his threads or posts. What can I say? They drew my attention span about as much as a great of sand.
    I saw that a lot of people had problems with him but I didn't even bother to find out why. Flat out because I don't care.

In fact, I never would have joined LLV if I didn't get the invite. After about four visits, I've completely lost interest. I really don't consider it constructive or entertaining.

EC was a great moderator in UT and would be great for BT if he chooses to do so. Not to mention a great friend!!! :yes: :icon_toast:

Thumper, you mentioned people who you for most part consider friends or good acquaintance going there to roast you.
    Sorry to hear that. That's fuked up, alright!!! Maybe that explains the change of attitude I've pointed out over the last few weeks?
    If so, it's understandable. Everybody has their breaking point and you don't have the luxury to walk away from BT for too long.
    As a friend, I am asking... PLEASE don't let those jack offs determine your character!!!!

If I allowed all those jack offs during the "Norv Sucks" days to determine my character... it would be scary!!!! :icon_rofl:
    Not saying I didn't bring it on myself but some was more just bashing and attacking instead of making a point.
    That's just the price you pay for excellence!!! :yes:

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    leisure is a slanderer and a disloyal individual with questionable motives. I created LLV with him every step of the way and I know first hand that the website was created with a "no-moderation" policy in mind which included "no bannings, no editings, no manipulation, etc...". Fighting with vulgar words was to be allowed. Anything and everything was to be tolerated. leisure's website is anything but a "free and uncensored" forum, which was the concept the creation of the website was directed at. He has veered from his own principles and has turned his website into a fortification from anything he doesn't like.... it is his own personal playground. I will repeat that the website was created with a goal of being an open, uncensored forum where anything was to be tolerated. His website is not what it claims to be. It is his own personal playground where one may not defend him or herself against his slander and he writes things with this in mind. A pathetic website run by a pathetic webmaster and an even more pathetic individual if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I don't know what's going on at LLV, nor do I care. I DO care that leisure is going out of his way to attack you, Thumper, & BT.

I'm certain that it hurts to feel betrayed by certain forum members & to read the trash being said. I'm also certain that there are WAY more supporters of both you & BT than there are detractors. :yes:

Keep on keeping on with your ideas for BT, Thumper. You know that we'll let you know if we feel that something has been done to the detriment of the board. Until then, phuc leisure, LLV, & any turncoats who feel that they must believe his BS or make a choice between LLV or here. No reason that you can't post either place without having to trash someone. That's just immature crap.

Don't we all have enough real-world issues to deal with without having to manufacture assinine crap? :icon_shrug:

8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I agree with Buck. There are legions here that care about BT, and by extension you and all that you do here.

Take care, and keep your head up.

9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Hi Guys.

Just want you all to know that I still consider myself a BTer. There have been some unfortunate incidents over the last few days resulting in hurt feelings between two forums. I'll leave it at that.

I'm compelled to say that this is not leisure's drama! He asked the LLV members to cut Thumper some slack... I know those two have no use for each other and it definitely shows. Of course he gossiped a little about this "incident" yesterday but IMO he went light on Thumper as he said he's also made some mistakes at LLV........etc.

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    This is absolutely leisure's drama. He likes to play the take it easy on Thumper card while he's roasting me and he loves every second of it. I'll say that he's not the only one responsible though. leisure saw an opportunity and took it, but someone else started the ball rolling. Someone that I once trusted. That's what probably bothers me the most.

11. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    I disagree on the drama...only because Leisure started the thread so in essence it makes it his drama. It's like throwing a match on some sticks and then saying when the fire departments shows up, well I tried to keep the flames down. Don't start the fire and then it won't get hot.

Maybe it's good to get it all out in the open and talk. I see a lot of pain everywhere..

Maybe the football season will take care of the rest.

Hope it works out for all involved.

That hack is a hack generally every board out there that does any volume has.

12. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Thumper... I've congratulated you before on taking the high road...

STAY THE COURSE... :yes:

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Thank you Ron. I'm far from being a perfect individual, but I like to think that I try to do the right thing.

14. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    BT has always been one of the top sites on the Net. Anyone that is in this stuff...knows about BT. If you ask most admins out there the top five sites, this one will always come up. It's just always been one of those boards. And it's easy to see why. You don't really come across that many people as technically sound as Thumper and he does so much in the way of goodwill to other sites. I know cuz I am another site....so hang in there...stay the course....do what you do.....build the best BT you can...........and I know for a fact some exciting things are in store for this board.

So I'll say...Go Chargers till the playoffs LOL

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Those're some funny tags :icon_eek:

16. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    LOL I think you had them up till that last line :lol:

17. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Wow, someone is finally paying attention.

thank you.

maybe somebody can even look up the legalities of federal taxes and discover there has never been a law stating you have to pay them. Or the fact that we are being enslaved economically. Oops, there i go with my tinfoil hat talk. wait, its ok, this is the conspiracy thread aint it. :flag:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    I read that thread over there. It was nothing but assumptions, accusations, falsehoods and more drama than a DOL marathon.

Don't try to paint it any other way. L lives for this ****. It makes his world go around.

19. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    We're going to the Super Bowl you guys. :yes::abq2::icon_party::abq1:

I can't wait to see everybody in SD so we can get keyed and enjoy this upcoming historic season.

All the rest is bah........whatever.

• Like Like x 4
  20. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    I'll reiterate what Thumper said: "This is absolutely leisure's drama". He is the one who keeps talking about bolttalk and MTL every single day behind our backs. I applaud Thumper for creating this thread as a means to inform people who post at both forums about his side of the story. Anyone who can't see that leisure is the cause for the ongoing feud... well I'll spare the insult. If leisure completely stops talking about myself and bolttalk neither Thumper and I would have to create a thread like this. He is a weasel. That's putting it nicely.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    MTL can I get drunk in this thread and tell you to fuk off? Please? :abq2:

22. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187
    GO BOLTS!

I like yer style!

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,407
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

24. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,641
    This is why I never joined that tool's message board in the first place.

25. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187
    llv is the jerry springer of charger websites. but really its not even a charger website. its just full of charger fans and leisure.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.