1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A Gamble worth taking

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Aug 13, 2011.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,776
    Then you move to option 2, keep him! Give him a 1yr deal for the league minimum, like I said the guy is only 26 and has potential through the roof, at the very least we could have gotten a compensation pick next year.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248
    Would Shawne have taken a small 1 year deal to stay a Charger? Seems to me that there was a lot of angst about not getting a long term deal from the Merriman camp...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    lol Shawne was going against the BEARS left tackle, Webb who wouldn't start on most teams in the NFL. Take it for what its worth but I expect 95, 99, 98 and 52 to be ALL over Cutler at Soldier field this November.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Merriman was more about himself, he had that thing going with Fox Sports where he flew up to LA, then he had that lawsuit going with Tila Tequila, he played one game then he shuts himself down for the whole season saying he needs surgery. I dont think AJ had too many takers with a trade, as no one wanted him because he had no value.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,528
    I do recall that the Chargers did attempt to trade him (at his request) before that season, but nobody was willing to meet Merriman's contract demands.