1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A game so special it only happens once every four years

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +911
    That was just on the NBC Sunday Night Football commercial for next week's Manning vs Manning game. :puke:

There are a shitload of matchups that only happen once every four years.

The Manning nutsack worship is ridiculous.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    While I think the tagline is dumb, I still think it's an interesting concept. :icon_shrug:

How often do we see two brothers starting at QB against each other?

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Agree.....

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    While I think it's an interesting concept it does lose some luster because it is the Mannings and Eli is still a little *****.

6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    Even thou I Looooath Eli Manning...I still hold a great deal of repect for Payton Manning (who Eli will never ever ever in a million years get close to!!) and because of that I would give it a passing interest.

It is the classic Little Brother V Big Brother battle!

7. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +251
    It is one of many games where I wish both teams would lose...or at the very least destroy each other in a very physical contest. "Special" is a very apt term.
    Manning vs. Manning = :puke:

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    The commercial with Eli locking Peyton in the closet was classic Manning marketing.

Im telling dad!!

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    :icon_redface:I gotta admit, the commercial where Sheli shoves Payton on the closet made me laugh a little, I know, I know, I should be ashamed

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    Sweet, our team's two main bitches playing under the same roof. Nice.

11. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I thought it was a stupid thing for them to say from a marketing standpoint. They should exploit it in other ways. Talking about it as if it's some Haley's Comet type of appearance is just lame.

12. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +226
    The fact that the Colts lost & every other team in their division won this weekend makes the "Manning Bowl" all the more interesting because after starting 7-0 or better for the better part of the past 5 or 6 years, and playing in the Superbowl last year, there is no way that Peyton would want to start out the season at 0-2.

13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I seen that commercial, I gagged as well.

I had agreed with someone on another message board about how Manning's commercials he does are stupid and gay. Some dude just layed into me ripping the Chargers saying we NEVER won a playoff game (WTF), and that Rivers was a **** talker who sucked *****, and so did I ???!!!:icon_huh:

I don't know where that remark came from, it wasn't even part of the topic, and I was especially pissed at the personal attack on me. Obviously this dude is a Colts fan, and NOT a Chargers fan, but somehow he forgot about the 2 playoff losses to the Chargers in 2007 and 2008 :icon_rofl:

I hate people like that for no reason just start **** talkin' to you when you weren't talking to them, or they weren't part of the original conversation topic.

14. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +226
    There are a lot of “Internet tough guys” out there, who are “brave” enough to say insulting things to people from the safety of their computers that they would likely never say to that person is they were face to face.

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I respect Peyton, still hate Sheli.....

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    There's a good chance this may be the last one we have to endure.

17. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    ......Brothers so special, they need a short bus!

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    [​IMG]

19. Lancer 1

Ratings:
    +226
    I do too, and basically the reason I respect Peyton is the one that I don’t respect Eli (aside from him dissing all of San Diego)…it would’ve been real simple for Peyton to go to Ole Miss & live off being Archie’s offsping, but instead he goes to Tennessee, waits his turn and is even 3rd string at a time behind Todd Helton and someone else. Once he gets his shot at starting, he made his own name and earned his place as the top pick in the draft. He then goes to a bad Indianapolis team (the team that actually drafted him) and makes them into a perennial championship contender.

Eli on the other hand, rides his dad’s coattails to Ole Miss where nobody named “Manning” will ever be a backup no matter who else is on the team, and come draft time he just lives off Peyton’s success & reputation, and acts like a diva in the very same week that Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan. I believe that it was Archie’s decision for him not to come play for San Diego, but he should’ve been man enough to tell his father, “Dad, it’s my career & my choice!”

The way it worked out, I’m real glad it didn’t go down like that because we ended up with the far better QB & leader, and 3 other players to boot but Eli remains a punk for acting like a baby, and for continuing to be a turnover machine.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I agree. Let me add....F*CK the Manning brothers.