1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A.J. IS GOD

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    I will always remember the "Wink of an Eye" episode with Kirk pulling on his boots sitting on the end of his bed and the Hot Scalosian chick brushing out her hair in the mirror. :lttehghost:

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
  3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
  4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I thought that was VA? :icon_huh:

5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Did you really just compare dog fighting to child molestation!? I'm in total agreement that dog fighting is a horrible thing but I'm sorry, when you start talking about people vs. dogs, you are on a different level.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

maybe.

either way they both got "MORE" than asked for

!!!!

:lol:

7. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    :tup:

8. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Yeah, I heard it took you forever to get back all of those star trek collector cards, and Chips "the series" memorabilia.

9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    You should get married leis... Have Chippie draw up and iron clad prenup for you... ;) :tup:

10. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    While I agree with you, there is a correlation in that animals and children are very defenseless... That is why you see some of the same reactions when both children and animals are abused.

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Oh, I had no idea you were planning on marrying Chippie... ;) :flag:

Ya, I think she would. If she married again, I don't think she'd be after the guy's $$$$$

12. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Speaking of prenups... I have a story...

My GF was engaged to a very well to do man. They lived together several years before they got engaged. He had asthma which was exacerbated when he mowed the lawn so he never did the mowing. Although they had housekeepers, etc., Debbie liked the mow the lawn. One Saturday afternoon while she's mowing his lawn... he was sitting there smoking a pipe... On one of her rounds past him, he mentioned something about a pre nup.... :lol:

When I spoke with her later that day, she told me about it and mentioned that she almost ran over his skinny little legs right then and there. :icon_rofl: Long story short, they never had a prenup and are still happily married after 20+ years

I dunno about prenups... I've never been presented with one but might be a little weird about it if the subject ever came up..... for lots of reasons.

Keeping on track with the thread... I'll bet Gawd and his wife don't have a prenup... ;)

13. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I guess there might be some correlation but when it comes to children vs. dogs, you have to come down on the side of children. I think as a society it is a bit hypocritical when it comes to talking about dogs. You hear about maulings and how dogs are put down all the time as a result .. There is no price on a loss of life of a child.

14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    That is fact and was never a question for me or anyone besides an animal rights fanatic. Just saying I think the strong reaction and anxt over animal abuse comes from us being a society of animal lovers.

There is really not an argument here--I'm not sure anyone is advocating a children vs. dogs scenario.

15. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    The value you put on life (of all kinds) reflects the value that you put on your own life.
    I dont have a problem at all with people who view their pets in the same way that they would view their own children.
    Dont get me wrong, I grew up on a farm/ranch and have aided in the killing of more animals than God himself. That said, none of those animals died as a result of cruelty or neglect. Even in death, animals should be given respect and should be honored.
    If you kill an animal, you should eat it. You should give thanks for food and you should use every bit of the animal that you can (like Indians did with the buffalo). There is no shame in being part of a natural cycle, or of our place on the food chain.....but killing ANYTHING for fun, profit, or "duty" is disrespectful and should be seen as wrong.
    While that would be/feel different if it were my nephew and not my dog, the rules still apply.