1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A.J. SMITH Has something to worry about after tonight!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Big Bolts, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I think AJ has already been vindicated in his decision. The Chargers were 9-7 last year with Brees. They're 11-2 right now with Rivers. And even if the unthinkable happened and the Chargers lost to the Saints in the playoffs, only an idiot would think that's the end of the story. Rivers has his whole career ahead of him and will only get better.

But the Saints aren't going to beat the Chargers in any game, Superbowl or otherwise. They're a good team, but they're not as good as the Chargers. It would no longer surprise me if the Saints make it to the SB considering how weak the NFC is, but there are about 8 AFC teams that would beat the Saints in the big game.

2. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I don't think AJ is the kind of guy who worries about stuff like that. I am sure he is comfortable with his decision.

I got to give props to Brees though, he has had an amazing season. But Brees had no one else to blame for being let go. Going 9-7 and missing the playoffs with the talented team we had last year was a joke. So far we haven't seen Brees deliver in the clutch. In fact he has gacked much more than he has delivered. Lets see him win a playoff game.

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Lol... GREAT thread!!!!:fan:

4. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    :icon_rofl:

I've never seen a Brees/Rivers thread before ..... this should be fun.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Do you think Brees will be equally "******** bricks" at the idea of having it proven before a national audience that AJ made the right decision?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Hey, I like Brees, but there is no way the Saints beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

7. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The Saints have played 4 AFC opponents this year and only beaten one of them: Cleveland. That was the first game of the season, and the Saints struggled to win.

NO though got trashed by Baltimore, Pitt, and Cincy.

The Chargers are as good or better than those three teams and will do the same to the Saints.

New Orleans is 1-3 versus the AFC North.

San Diego is 3-1 versus the AFC North.

8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I watched the Saints Cowboys game and Brees looked good , he never played that good for us , I think he sold his soul to the devil [​IMG]

:bolt: Go Bolts :bolt:

9. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_rofl:

10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Would you like too?

• Like Like x 1
  11. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    A great topic and the Saints, I think, would be a worthy opponent for the Chargers in the big show, but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. There is still a lot of football to play before making it to the superbowl. Lets root the Chargers on to clinch home field advantage!

12. SDC-IL

SDC-IL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    1. Things worked out for BOTH A.J. and Drew.

2. The focus is now on K.C. coming to town for a Sunday Night game.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think the only thing AJ is ******** right now is yesterday's lunch. :icon_eek:

Next question.

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    I always have to laugh at posts like this. "Yeah man, like last year we were this and this year we are that... Its because of the QB man..."

If you buy that, good for you. I think it is short sighted, and a bit silly to say the least. Much has changed on the WHOLE team since last year. Hell maybe we would be 11-2 withe Brees, we will never know. But to use the win/loss stats of two years to compare QBs is just lame. Use the other stats, passer ratings and such. You will get better reasons to say Rivers is better for us than Brees. But you will also see that both are hellagood QBs!

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    Do you actually think he cares? C'mon, AJ showed him zero respect. The Saints are loving him. He has a new home and he couldnt care less what AJ thinks. Word of advice to all you Drew haters, GET OVER IT! None of your made up BS can detract from the fact he is a very good QB.

There is no need to keep trying to bring Brees down to make your case for Rivers. Rivers is taking care of that all on his own. your continued mud slinging just shows you as a shallow individual who cant appreciate what a player does for his team.

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    I think the Saints would be the dream matchup for the Chargers in the SB. We would blow them out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I thought the Cowboys were good, but it's obvious now that they are completely overrated.

The NFC is a joke. I just hope we get a chance to prove it.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    I took a different approach. The Saints were under rated.

I remember a buncha people here saying the Saints wouldnt sniff the playoffs this season and something about a weak, nuked wing QB not doing anything...

They musta been talkin about Culpepper...

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    I am likin the sound of that! :tup:

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Dude, let it go. I'm happy for Drew, but apply some Tuck's medicated pads and maybe the butthurt will finally go away.

Philip Rivers is our QB, and he's having a great year. Brees Schmees.

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170

22. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I admit I was wrong about the Saints. They keep proving they're for real, week after week. To destroy the Cowboys in they're house like that, the other NFC teams better watch out.

23. **2~FOR~1**

**2~FOR~1** BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2

...same thoughts went through my head...he made throws/decisions I've never seen him make here, go figure! :icon_shrug:

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,170
    My prediction that they would make the playoffs was a bit tongue and cheek as well. I did not theink they had the D to get the records they have so far. Drew has been on fire but their D has overachieved quite a bit.

Good for the Saints fans! After all they have been through they deserve this. :tup:

25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    All it proves is A.j. smith is a great talent evaluator. Sheet i'd have to guess but if whitehurst was qbing another team they'd also be in the running for the super bowl.

A.j. just knows talent.:yes:

26. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    The big story in the N.F.C. is Brees and the Saints and you can bet that Brees would give his right testicule to beat Smith and the Bolts in the Super Bowl.

Rivers , Brees ......both are winners and each brings a lot of talent to every game. Rivers is playing much better this season than I thought he ever would and I do think Brees is doing a lot better with the Saints than most Charger fans ever thought possable.

The real story or at least a large part of it is the head man Sean Payton and his staff if there is a better coaching job in either league I hane not seen it.

He just keeps pluging in nobodys and they keep making plays.

Brees quick reads and accurate passing are huge but the x- o master sure is good.

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :icon_shrug: Did Rip sell you that **** yer smokin'? :icon_high:

:tounge: :lol: