1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A.J Smith on Jamarcus russel

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Tha rock, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/n...ews?slug=cr-russell031407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,827
    Good thing you want Brady, then?

3. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

LOL i do want brady just thought id share this with you guys especially since its your GM.

4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,827
    A QB needs more than a cannon arm, though.

Ryan Leaf had a cannon.

5. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Leaf cant even be mentiond with russel who doesnt have any charcter issues or an attitude problem. They(scouts,teammates,coaches) say hes a leader and will be a great QB in the Nfl. Hes actually pretty mobile from what ive seen and hes smart which leaf wasnt so i dont think leaf is even on russel's level. I still would rather have calvin johnson or quinn.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,492
    Dont underestimate AJ Smith, the puppetmaster is always pulling the strings. He's one more clever trick from just being plain scary.:icon_eek: lol

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,827
    I wasn't comparing him to Leaf. As always I know nothing about the draft class because I don't watch college football.

I was simply using Leaf to make a point that you need more than a cannon arm.

If JR has more than that then he has more than that, but that doesn't make my point invalid.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Jeff George = Jamarcus Russell ... just my humble opinion.

Oh sure... no character issues (NOW), a leader (NOW)... blah blah blah.

Kyle Boller had a big arm, too. Remember him? Lotta good it's doing him now.

I'd take Brady Quinn over Russell, too. Not that I think he's gonna be a superstar either. But at least he's been the unquestioned leader of his team for nearly all 4 years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Russell was in a battle for the starting job going into 2005. So he's basically a one-year wonder (2006).

I hope I'm wrong. But I just can't get over his weight and the fact that he was just average against the BEST competition in the SEC (Florida). Wait'll he gets a load of a real defense.

9. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,338
    You think AJ's going to reveal how he really feels about the kid when the Turds have the #1 pick? :icon_rofl:

10. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    for the sake of the franchise lets sure hope so

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Amen. And to top it off we already have the best QB on the planet. I'll take Rivers over any other QB in the league. Dude is full of fire talent.:tup:

AJ is gawd among GM's.:icon_bow:

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,604
    LOL, AJ is a master poker player.

He must really think Jamarcus is a turd, that or maybe he likes Quinn better.

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,338
    Maybe he doesn't want to see CJ in the AFC.:icon_shrug:

14. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    Doesn't matter which QB's are in the AFC. We have a couple of LB's just itching to eliminate the competition.:tup:

Install a healthy dose of fear into those who face our pass rush and watch it spread like the plauge around the league. Next thing you know, teams put in their back up QB just so their starter can live to play another day.:icon_rofl:

Note to AJ: Build us a secondary equal to our LB Corps.:tup:

15. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Jeff george and boller are not smart QBs nor are they mobile russel is both mobile and smart. I want brady quinn but this guy will not be a bust.

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,140
    Oh god! Rivers' days with the Chargers are numbered now!

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Whatever you say, Rock.

18. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    The funny thing about AJ is...you can never really tell what to make of what he says. All he really talked about was Russell's arm... but everyone already knows he has a stellar arm. Doesn't take a genius to notice that. So, is AJ trying to convince the Raiders to draft him #1? Or does AJ know that the Raiders will know that maybe he would try to trick them into drafting Russell, so by saying that he's trying to trick the Raiders into NOT drafting Russell? Or does he know that the Raiders know that he knows that they know that...

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think he knows that the Raiders know that... but he also knows that the Raiders may not already know exactly what that is. So in essence, he's basically saying that if they already know that, they should just go ahead and do what they're gonna do because it won't make a difference anyway... because...

THE RAIDERS SUCK!!!!

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,338
    Maybe AJ is afraid of Jamarcus going to a real NFL team, so he's hoping the Turds take him.

21. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    LOL AJ up to his tricks again :icon_rofl:

22. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,338
    That's what's so beautiful. Since when does AJ publicly comment on any prospect?

Who's going to start the first Jamarcus vs. Rivers thread?

23. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    Or maybe AJ is taking tackle dummy requests from the LB Corps.:icon_rofl:

24. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I heard there is a bridge for sale in NY .. maybe he can pull that one off too.

25. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Please............I dont even want russel and i can see hes an elite prospect who proably wont bust. some of you guys are overanalyzing this whole thing(AJ trying to trick the raiders into selecting him LOL) no orgnization would ever do that. I can see some just dont like the idea of having to face a good QB so they come to the conclusion in themself russel will be a bust.

26. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    AJ is a smart man. Do you think he would give out bad evaluations on anyone?

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Rock... drop the charade. You are a Charger fan at heart. You know the truth. Join us!!! :helm1: :helm1:

28. Daddy_O

Ratings:
    +300
    :lol:
    No sh*t Rock. Come out of that blue and gold closet. Man up and jump on the wagon.:tup:

We won't make you paint yourself and wear goofy outfits like those psychos in Jokeland.:lol:

You will be asimilated, resistance is futile.......:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    On the NFL Network they mentioned the same thing..."one of the best arms ever to come out of the draft"....which makes me puke of course.

Tha rock, one thing you have to remember is that he is mobile, but he's still learning how to drop back properly, and more importantly, how to stay on his toes. While this guy is big and mobile, he'll get a lot of wear and tear on him after a while if he doesn't know how to get set in the pocket first and bails out on the pass.

Wasn't there a potential issue with his work ethic? I remember seeing a report about scouts being very dissapointed that he managed to gain weight instead of losing it when he knows he's being evaluated as a top 3 pick. The dreaded term "lazy" was used.