1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Little About me....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deb, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    First off I am a Mom. And it's been a rough week for me...my daughter is going to boot camp tomorrow. Turbo_Turtle has actually kinda helping me thru it today...

Tomorrow she leaves for Lackland in San Antonio. It's only going to be about 12 weeks but I am just gonna miss her. I bounce between being really proud to these uncontrollable crying jags LOL

Anyway I thought I'd share a little ....thought it may be cheaper than a shrink and everyone here has been so kind and welcoming to me.

She is very focused, she is more than ready for it all....she is working on a nursing degree at Kent and wants to be an medic in the air force.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay I am done crying now LOL

• Like Like x 2
  2. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings:
    +246
    You have reason to be proud of her :yes: A good nurse is like an angel ;)

It's always tough when someone you care about so much moves on. Just remember - even though she's starting on her journey of making a life for herself, you'll always be her Mom, she'll always love you, and have a very special place in her heart for you. There are alway visits and email and pictures and phone chats too. Just because she's starting her journey, doesn't mean you won't still be a part of each others lives.

Godspeed to her :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Gonna be a lot of letter writing the next six weeks but I think that will help too. Thank you so much. That really helped

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :flag: See so far you are getting your (Super Chargers Support Group) to help you out. Yeppers. :yes: :icon_toast: :flag:

5. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    TT...you have been a really good friend to me and I appreciate it.

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    No probs there. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    If you come to her graduation, shoot me or Shammie a PM; we're sorta the keepers of Bolt fans here in San Antone. If there's anything we can do to facilitate your daughter's stay here, let us know.

This is gonna be a defining time for your daughter, and for you, as well; she's gonna find out alot about herself.

8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    right on Deb. THank her and God Bless her from me!:flag:

My nephew in the army Donald is arriving in Iraq for his first stretch today and while I am hugely proud of him I of course worry about him as well so I understand.

Be very proud of her. And I'm glad that TT is helping you out. Although we've only met him a half dozen times he's one of my wife and me's favorite people

• Like Like x 1
  9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Your daughter seems very focused...good luck to her Deb. Yes the decisions our kids make can certainly cause us some worry and angst, that's for sure. She seems like she is on the road to success...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We'll keep you both in our thoughts, deb. Best of luck to your daughter.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
  12. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    I am going to be in San Antonio from July 23- till maybe 27th or 28th. Was looking for rooms close to the base the past few nites but I'd love to meet you guys. Thanks

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    There's alotta hotels right outside the gate; also, look into staying at the guest house on base. I'll check on websites/phone numbers if you like.

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    BTW, Shammie's still a little ruff around the edges, so...:icon_eek: :icon_tease:

15. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Hey ... I heard that !!!

Deb, your daughter will do just fine. Don't worry. There are a lot of former service members here, so don't be afraid to bounce questions off anyone. Also, Rexy's son graduated from one of the schools here a couple years ago, so maybe you could get a little info from her on the "Mom" angle of this.

We're proud of her !!!

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Deb, you can include ME in Shammy's "we". Dan and Toby are good people too and I'm not surprised to hear their neighborly offer. Too bad they live about 1500 miles or so from my Pondee! :D

-=dave=-
    MCPO USN-Retired..

17. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    I'd appreciate any advice.

Ahhhh you guys are making me cry again LOL thanks for you kindness

18. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Deb,

I am a proud Mom of a Air Traffic Controller in the Air Force. :tup:

He went through BMT in San Antonio last year. He is now in Kansas and doing absolutely fabulous.

Even though I miss him every minute of every hour of every day of every week...I know deep in my heart that he made the right choice.

I will PM you so we can get into the nuts and bolts...

19. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    I'd like that a lot. Thank you. You are an angel

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Your little girl is growing up and it sounds like she's got her **it together. I can certainly understand missing her but think about her accomplishment and that should help make you smile!!! :yes:

21. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    She sounds like a special kid and you obviously did your job right in raising her. She'll do great and always be able to fall back on the foundation of love and support that you give her. Thank her for me for her service.

22. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    [​IMG]

thanks again. I've really been a member here awhile, maybe it's not an accident I made my way back when I did after all this time for a lot of different reasons. You guys are the best

23. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Got up at 6. Left at 7 for the Air Force Base. Sat in the lobby for about......5 hours. Some of the guys had pity on my son Erik and got to watch the Replacements, and the Fugitive. She got to leave the base for lunch but she couldn't eat..went back and did some processing. Got that done and took her off the base for dinner and she wasn't hungry so got subway and told her to keep it in the frig and eat cuz the last thing she wants to do is hit San Antonio on no food for two days. So she did. The took her school backpack for the carry on ..decided at the last minute she wanted black and didn't want to stand out and made our third run to Target. Went back stayed till about 9pm. I really shouldn't have done that. Left at bedtime. But wanted to spend all the time with her I could. But all either of us was doing was putting off the inevitable.

She is dating a Marine and found out he is coming home this week and she is gonna be gone for 12 weeks. She had to cry....I had to cry so just held her tight, told I was proud and left. She texted me on the way home and said Mommy I want to come home. I said..you can't. You know you need to do this...you're an airman and no nite is going to be as bad as this one. Just close your eyes, its only a few hours and tomorrow starts the journey. She said..you are right. I can do this and gonna just take another shower and close my eyes.
    She stopped texting me about ten minutes ago so just praying she is sleeping...I know she can do this. Just so much build up for so long and such a long stressful day. Sleep and food will help most of that.

So not sure I will sleep tonite...but one day at a time. I guess the realization that she isn't just my daughter anymore, she belongs to someone else with just missing her.

But it'll be okay.

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Ah Darlin, she'll always be your daughter, nothin'll ever change that!!

So what AFB is your daughter at now??

25. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    Sending good thoughts and prayers to you Deb and your daughter. I am so glad you made it back to BT....what a wonderful "family" we have here. Your daughter sounds like a really smart girl. She seems to be making right choices for her future at such a young age. Says alot about her MOM too!
    {{{HUGS}}} to you Deb and your family!:flag:

26. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255
    Got my first letter today...mostly posting it to thank Rexy. She has been such a good, kind friend.

Give you a little...

27. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Letters from home are really important during these times; ie, first time away from home, etc.

28. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Freakin' Air Force ......

Best food, best golf courses ...... :)

29. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    YEAH Air Force!!! Dont know about the golf courses , but the best food is widely known.

I have received letters similar to this.

Just keep flooding her with letters from all your relatives. I got everyone to send letters. They love them. It helps keem them stable/grounded when their world is quickly changing and evolving. Then send home made cookies, etc. when you can.