1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A little ditty 'bout Steelers and Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    The two teams have met each other 31 times (including 3 postseason games), with the San Diego Chargers winning 9 games and the Pittsburgh Steelers winning 22 games. Since 2000 Chargers have won 2 of the 8 meetings.

Hank Bauer ‏@hank_bauer 4m4 minutes ago
    Steeler Week. With one of my favorite guys Rocky Bleier. Vietnam Vet who made it back bigtime. @1090AM @DanSileoShow

[​IMG]

Stats may change slightly after MNF
    Defense Overall:..................Defense Pass:..................Defense Rush:
    Chargers: 17th..........................12th......................................29th
    Steelers: 14th............................15th......................................20th

Give/Take
    Chargers: T 18th (-2)
    Steelers: T 11th (2)

Offense Overall:.................Offense Pass:.................Offense Rush:
    Chargers: 2nd............................1st..........................................18th
    Steelers: 10th.............................14th.......................................12th

2. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Limit Bell and let Vick do what Vick does best, i.e, prove to be eventually fatal against his own team!

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Hurry and get that gameplan to Chargers Park pronto. Knowing the Chargers and their inability to make ends meet, they probably don't realize Big Ben is still injured this week.

What I'm worried about is Antonio Brown. No Verrett and Flowers means he'll have a legitimate shot at 200 yards receiving.

6. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Well, we don't know that yet. He had 8 more days from yesterday to get better as he did not suit up for yesterday's game.

If Verrett fails to significantly contribute this season again because of injuries, those who were negative on him pre 2014 draft because of his injury history despite his enormous talent, will be proven right in their negativity.

7. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    Even though Steelers gave away that game to the Ravens I'm worried we can see an improved Vick, he was extremely conservative, and I think by the time we see him he'll be a lot more comfortable

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am worried he might have enough mobility to dumbfound the D.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm worried because the Chargers are playing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The Bolts don't lead many series. They've mostly been marshmallow teams, great offensively at times but mostly suck on the defensive side of the ball.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Prisco picks the Bolts
    http://cbsprt.co/1MbsjAw

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-bengals-over-seahawks-chargers-over-steelers
    Pittsburgh (2-2) at San Diego (2-2), 8:30 p.m. ET (Monday, ESPN): Philip Rivers leads the NFL in passing yards despite one of his favorite targets not playing in San Diego's first four games. Well, that changes this week because Antonio Gates makes his way back from a four-game suspension.

I'm not sure exactly how a 35-year-old tight end is going to help the Chargers offense, but I'm convinced he will. Oh, and Gates isn't the only person returning from suspension on Monday, the Steelers will also be getting a player back in big-play threat Martavis Bryant. If the Steelers were getting Ben Roethlisberger back, I'd pick them to win, but they're not.Chargers 30-27 over Steelers.

12. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    image.jpeg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I've always hoped that the Bolts would one day be half as good as the Stillers. I'm still waiting and running out of time.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Wednesday NFL preview: Why Le'Veon Bell could have a big week
    Pittsburgh Steelers: A hand injury limiting backup tight end Matt Spaeth is significant for two reasons. One, it would force Heath Millerinto primary blocking duties for much of the game, which would reduce his pass-catching role for the second straight week. Two, Le'Veon Bellapparently likes Heath Miller's blocking -- he rushed for 129 yards last week while Miller opened creases on the edge. Look for this Miller-Bell marriage to continue against the Chargers. -- Jeremy Fowler

San Diego Chargers: Edge rusher Jeremiah Attaochu entered last Sunday's game with just two career sacks in 14 appearances, but the second-year pro doubled his career total against the Browns. Attaochu hopes the impressive performance is a sign of things to come. "It definitely feels good to get a sack," Attaochu said. "That's a rewarding statistic. But beating our man on a consistent basis is probably more important than getting a sack, because sacks can happen by accident sometimes." -- Eric D. Williams

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I chuckle to myself when I see people knocking the Chargers, calling them soft or wishing they would be half as good as other teams, but then in a hissy calling other people who say the same thing 'losers'....

Thank you good sir for the laugh.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  20. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    For the love of Gawd man! It is still breakfast time for some folks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Are you saying that makes you hungry? :eek:

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 12s12 seconds ago
    Steelers coach Tomlin: "Philip Rivers is Philip Rivers. Antonio Gates is Antonio Gates." Autonomy of Rivers is "dangerous for defenses."

Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 45s46 seconds ago
    Steelers coach Tomlin brings up Chargers All-Pro safety: "I love Weddle. Always have."
    A message to EW32's agent?

ric Williams ‏@eric_d_williams 1m1 minute ago
    Chargers safety Eric Weddle might want to consider Pittsburgh as a possible destination when he hits free... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0443466929219312765-4…

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  23. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    For pancakes :D

24. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    How come tickets are $150+ to this for a Benless steelers? I thought Browns was cheap, I saw some $40 tix, but wtf, $150 minimum for this?

Grrr wanted to see a MNF game :(

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    This one should garner a few heated responses...

Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 3m3 minutes ago
    Steelers coach Tomlin says of Chargers ILB Manti Te'o: "He's quick to diagnose plays...appears to always be in the right places."

Eric Williams ‏@eric_d_williams 55s55 seconds ago
    Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin was asked during our conference call if he understands the psychology... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0443465978605476974-4…

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 1m1 minute ago
    Chargers WR Stevie Johnson is wearing helmet and part of group stretch. Left game against Browns with hamstring injury.

Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 1m1 minute ago
    Chargers center Chris Watt is in full gear. DNP vs. Browns with groin injury.

Ricky Henne ‏@ChargersRHenne 32s32 seconds ago
    Jacoby, Watt, Addae, Flowers, Verrett, Floyd all stretching with team at start of practice

Tom Krasovic ‏@UTkrasovic 22s23 seconds ago
    Chargers CB Jason Verrett is in full gear. DNP vs. Browns with foot injury.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  28. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  30. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    It is Luckett but why is he wearing an already taken jersey which till last Sunday belonged to Stevie Johnson?! :confused: