1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A little extra motivation

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 16, 2011.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I understand the Pats being favored since they are at home, but being favored by 7 is ridiculous. The fact that almost no one is picking us to win is equally ridiculous. The Pats have a great offense and a mediocre defense. We have a great offense and a very good defense . Am I missing something?

Chargers 31, Pats 20

• Like Like x 1
  3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    It's because of their unbelievable record at home added with their record breaking game on monday. The Chargers aren't going to be picked if at all.

4. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    Good. "On the radar" hasn't suited this team very well in the past 5 or 6 years.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    If you haven't noticed, the patsies are sponsored by ESPN and their jocks are all signed by Dan Patrick...

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Hmmm...up to hearing that, I thought the Bolts stood a low chance of winning.
    But every ESPN talking head picks the Pats?
    That ups our chances.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    3 points for being the home team is nearly an automatic. That leaves the other 4, which is going our way.

Bolts 31, Patsies 27

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I wonder how thier Oline is going to handle our rush, Koppen is out with a broken ankle

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Correction, the Pats have a good offense until Ochocinco gets it together.

10. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    Until we **** on them.

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Now for the $64.00 question.

Was Henne that good, or was the Patriots that bad?

12. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Neither....they let him throw. Does the final score look as if that method was a big problem? The Pats pass defense sucked....but with 517 yards and 4 TDs.....experiment time was on Belichick's mind.....I think tomorrow will be a much different defensive team than played Miami. Brady throws for points when his defense sucks...it got him 14 wins last year.

There is a much better defense available this year, but it hasn't quite been ironed out who will be doing what on any given play...conditioning is also an issue...I think tomorrow the defense will by necessity need to perform at the level of its players skills...there are more than a couple Pro-Bowlers in that defense.

Don't expect the Pats D to lay back against P Rivers like it did Henne....different ballgame tomorrow....many more challenges for both teams than they had last week.

13. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    What a ludicrous argument. The Pats and Fins were tied in the 3rd quarter, and your explanation for the Pats horrible defensive performance against the Fins is that Belichick was experimenting? Nice try. That would make Bill incredibly stupid, and we all know he's not stupid. Why not just acknowledge that your pass defense is not very good? Maybe it will get better as the season progresses. But it was not good on Monday night, and it was not good last year. The truth can set you free.

• Like Like x 1
  14. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Look at the Pats D last year, and their performance in the playoffs (3TDs/0 Ints for Sanchez) and you have your answer.

15. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Ah, you might want to read my jots and dots about the Pats defense.....no where during the past two seasons have I ever made statements anything close to giving credit to that defense...Brady has held them up for going on two years now.

Belichick is forever experimenting....that's why he wins with what he has. He is never satisfied with one look, and until he sees consistency at all positions, he frequently changes things....keeps other teams off-base. He also hides things he doesn't want others to see until he is ready to use X, Y, or Z weapons. Would it surprise you if Ochocinco caught six passes and scored three TDs tomorrow? Would it surprise you if Haynesworth sacked Rivers three times?

16. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    6 passes, no. 3 TD's yes.

And for the second, I watched that worthless fat slug Haynesworth in DC last year. He takes plays off -- many of them -- he will be a liability to you if anything. Run at Fat Albert and he'll fall right down.

Buck, we like ya 'round here, make no mistake. But this one's ours, 24-20.

17. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I would be surprised if Ochocinco scored three touchdowns and Fat Albert had three sacks all season long.

18. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    this is prob your worst post ever BB. your post reads as The GREAT Bill B. cant get his "D" to show up for the Fins cuz they suck and they just need to half a** it but he will get them to show up for the Bolts?

19. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    What can I say.....tomorrow will tell the tale.

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I see now, Chad and Albert playing mediocre is all part of Bill's master plan. Do you have any idea how delusional you sound? Bill coaches his *** off in every single game. They only beat Miami by 2 TDs because that is the best they could do. Stop making excuses like Bill was using the game to "experiment."

To answer your question, yes it would surprise before for Fatty to have 3 sacks or Ocho to have 3 TDs. It would surprise everyone with a football IQ above 10 who is not wearing their Patriots blinders.

You said it yourself, Brady has been holding up the defense since 2007. The defense sucks. You are hoping they will improve, but so far they have not shown it.

21. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    You've got that right.

22. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    Ochocinco doesn't understand the offense, plain and simple. He doesn't get targeted because they know he isn't do what he's supposed to do. That's why your boy Tedy was all up on his *** this week.

23. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Ochocinco is an enigma.

24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So was the Riddler... But Batman always kicked his arse... :roflmao:

25. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    and we are glad that the Patriots took him. You would think that Belichick had his fill with Randy Moss and T.O.

26. firebagfan

firebagfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    The only reason we can lose this game iis if we beat ourselves (like the opening kickoff return last week). if we focus all game long and let us play our game and talent, we can beat any team, including the pats.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I disagree. I hate them but you have to respect the Pats as a solid team. The Chargers will have to connect, and play smart. They will have to rely on the short pass to open up running lanes and the deep pass. The Chargers secondary will have to keep Tomturific from lighting up the fantasy leagues. If we play close, I think we win. If we have breakdowns or turn the ball over they will make us pay.

• Like Like x 1
  28. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    On a side note, how the hell do the fawking Redskins get more respect than the Chargers? I don't get it.

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    East Coast?

30. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    Fawk the East Coast.