1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A little HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SDRaiderH8er, Jun 23, 2009.

1. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Does anyone know of anyone who can do Data Recovery from a Hard Drive?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Uh-oh...are you sure the HD is fried?

Or will it just not boot?

Just keep in mind, data recovery costs BIG $$$.

Check out this company:

http://www.sandiegodatarecovery.net/

• Like Like x 1
  3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    This is going to be a little Mumbo Jumbo, but it is going to be taken from the RWA Thread.............

Mine they will not have to disassemble it. the hard drive works, the data is there, we can see it. My friend spent 5 Hours copying files and moving them to another disc. When he tried to open them, they were unreadable. When he piggybacked my Hard drive with his, so that his computer thought it had another drive. They were still unreadable. And that was after 4 hours of his Windows correcting my Windows.

-------------------------------

The guy that is helping me builds Computers. And he can’t help. The data I want is on my Hard Drive, it is just when you try and open it up you will get a pop up window saying that the file is in an "Unrecognizable Format"

One of the reasons is that when I overheated Windows I developed a Partition Failure. I tried using a Partition Recovery Disc, and I might of done more damage then what I wanted.

We have installed a brand new hard drive, and everything is working great. The hard thing is that with my Recovery Disc, EVERYTHING is going back to the original Factory Installation settings. It will take me at least a few weeks to get the Computer back to where I had it. I had over 7,000 Songs, and over 30,000 Pictures. Of those Pictures some of those were Pictures I shot, and you cannot go back and reshoot Christmas and the family Reunion again. E mail addresses and stuff like that are all gone.

I was in the process of backing stuff up to disc, but I wasn’t quick enough.

Every 6 Months the next Computer will be cleaned, inside and out.

I also will have a 300 Gig External Memory, and I will also keep some of the Pictures I really want to keep on a separate disc.

I hope this gets someone else to clean up their Computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least they will not have to go through what I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts!

I also started a new thread in the Tech Section

--------------------------------------------------------------

He has been talking with these guys

And all I want is some of the pictures that are in a couple of my files. I was just wondering if some of you guys knew someone who does that. Word of mouth reference's is much better then having to try and find someone you dont know.

4. Game123

Game123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +97
    Come on guys! Always, always, always back up your hard drives with an external device (hard drive, CD, flash, etc.) or use a service. While many things can be replaced with some effort, how do you replace all of the digital pictures of your family when your internal drive fails? Its much cheaper to just buy an extra hard drive to use for back-up purposes.