1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A must listen for Chargers fans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    PODCAST: The Long-Awaited Tom Telesco Story
    John Gennaro has a story about the time a post on this website angered the Chargers so much that the GM of the team called him to complain.
    by John Gennaro @johnmgennaro Oct 5, 2016

A few people have heard the story of the time Tom Telesco called me. However, I always said that it was not for public consumption. I wasn’t going to write about it or talk about it, but today I changed my mind on that.

I don’t want to give too much away. If you want to hear the story, please click on the play button below to listen.

I will, as a primer, tell you that it was in response to this BFTB post from about two years ago.

Why I decided to change my mind on telling this story is pretty simple: I decided that it was a good way to give a behind-the-curtain look at just how lost the San Diego Chargers are from an organizational standpoint.

I could rail against Tom Telesco’s poor drafting history, his numerous poor signings, or the worst decision he ever made (signing and extending Mike McCoy to be the team’s Head Coach). However, I thought it made more sense to criticize how he chooses to spend his time.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE PODCAST

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    I remember this and was worried for him then. I had no idea about the seizure one and omg is that a serious one. This just goes to show TT is only out for himself. MM is a idiot for allowing Addae back in regardless if he wanted to play. TT's fake good guy mask finally fell off and he shows us how disgusting he is. John Spanos needs to fire this man right now.

3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Can't recommend this.
    1/2 hour of one's time for a blogger rant about a dumb--but hardly dramatic--phone call. Meh.
    Only for those of you that don't have Netflix...or cable...or well, anything else.
    No offense Blue...but if I hadn't been multi-tasking and getting some real work done,
    I'd be cheesed off that I wasted over 27 minutes on this...

p.s. On the other hand, maybe for a pathological TT hater (anyone know one?)
    this might be "The feel good audio file of the season"

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Did I ask for recommendations? If you aren't interested in hearing about the stupidity of the Chargers operation, then perhaps you shouldn't have clicked on the link.

I suppose you're the only person who can listen to a podcast and do something else simultaneously. :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Prick

6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    As I said, no offense. :D

But I wish someone had made such a post before I made that poor choice...just givin' folks the
    heads-up I wish I'd had. And I'm not saying it has no value...just not nearly 27 minutes worth...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Well, that would pretty much eliminate reading any of Crusher's missives. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    I have gotten better at not wasting valuable time over the years. :D
    #notimeleft4greenbananas

9. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    Wow that is pretty bad, can you imagine Belicheat wasting time on a blog, or some GM, or low level employee for that matter on the east coast telling a reporter from the NY media to announce a "next day" concussion. Telesco is a joke, and so is Accee. Spanos family has it easy, if they were NY, or even LA Chargers, good luck with that media.

I visit NY every year my inlaws are NY fans, therefore, I listen to the media there, it is cut throat. I love listening to the "as long as you show up for work, you will never get fired," sounds like government worker, and yes I was once a civil servant it is completely true, and awesome. :p

10. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Or, a teacher with tenure....... you can almost get away with murder and still stay employed. The Chargers organization is very similar. Dr. Chao stayed employed for years, despite the shitstorm swirling around him. No ******* accountability with that organization.

11. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    @BlueBolt does this mean we will get your awesome game day photoshop threads making fun of the buffoons in the Chargers organization (mostly Spanos) again? :abq2:

12. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I wouldn't hold your breath. I'll be hard pressed to even watch the games live going forward. What's the point, when you already know the ending?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    TT is clearly a Yes man just like McCoward. Apparently he hadn't even read the piece when instructed to call yer man by Bill or Deano.