1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A Pats fan's attempt at reason.

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by BeerGuy, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    I'm not here to pick a fight, just to state my opinion and defend my team.

First, I've lost some respect for L.T. Just recently I saw an interview with him, I believe it was on Inside the NFL, and I told my wife how impressed I was with L.T. and his attitude. Everything he said seemed refreshing in this day and age of the "ME, ME, ME" athlete. I had always respected his athletic ability and competitiveness between the lines.

His attack on the Pats after the game was, in my opinion, completely misguided. I understand it was an emotional let down and that some of the Patriots let their enthusiasm get the best of them. Fine, L.T. said what he said in the heat of the moment. The cheap shot at Belichick was just that, though, cheap. What gets me is that he slept on it and came back for more shots at the Patriots. That's just inflamatory, and an obvious display of poor judgement. So much for losing gracefully.

Do I think the Pats should have been dancing like little kids on the Charger logo, of course not. They were just happy to have won and were letting off the steam that they'd built up motivating themselves for the game. The funny part is that they were mocking Merriman's sack dance. Is it disrespectful when HE stands over a sacked QB and does his dance? C'mon, spare me the disrespect lecture, no one is without guilt in this regard on the football field.

What L.T. SHOULD be mad about is a useless headbutt penalty that cost his team 15 yards and kept the Pats in the game. How about an interception that should have been batted down instead of making a "delusion of grandeur" catch. I know, try the worst challenge of all time that essentially squandered a timeout that may have made all the difference in the world. Clock management, you could have timed the Chargers two minute drill with a sun dial. If your kicker's career long FG is from 51 yards why would you put all the pressure on him with a 54 yarder? Why not throw one more sideline pass play to sneak him just a bit closer? I realize the Pats were employing a defense that was taking the sidelines away, but, give it a shot and just throw it away if there's nothing there. Basically, the coaching was sub-standard and the Chargers paid for it. Even L.T. couldn't overcome this compilation of inept decisions and actions.

The Charges in no way gave the game away. The Patriots excel at making plays under pressure situations. It's the only reason they've been as succesful as they have been during this decade. It's not all Tom Brady or Belichick for that matter. They play incredibley well as a team and they all seem to step up when the opportunity presents itself.

Your team was easily the more talented on the field last weekend. The Patriots, as well as their coaching staff, were more cohesive, battle tested and mentally tough. We made more timely plays than you guys did and that was the differenct.

I hold no ill will for Chargers fans or L.T.

I hope we beat the Colts, by one point or 30, it makes no difference to me.

Thanks for the time.

2. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    chupa mi verga:bolt2:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
    ...and with that...

[/thread]

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
    :abq2: :abq2: :abq2:

:icon_toast:

4. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

damm i love RIDE THE LIGHTNING

5. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    avirage chump

That's the best I could do with what you offered, sorry.:lol:

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,640
    fixed

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    LT is all class.

His reference to your coach is probably due to the fact he is fuc-king a married woman and does not give a **** what people think and how children react to reading this ****....and these are the somewhat recent World Champs ? ? ?

LT has a point and to go the mid-field on our logo was even blasted in your local newspapers as a classless move.

We will be in New England soon enough but not likely to lower ourselves to bullshiit antics and just resort to kicking your teams asss up and down the field.

8. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Sounds very similar to Brady's tirade about Schottenheimer after we beat the Pats in New England last season. Did you ose respect for Brady that day?

I was there for this game. A little taunting can go a long way. The Patriots taunting went on and on and on. This was meant to rile the Chargers and their fans up. Very classless. At least Schottenheimers comments that Brady took offence to were meant as a complement.

LT is still a class act 100%. If you lost respect for him because he showed some emotion after a taunting session that went way overboard, that's up to you. But it would be hypocritical of you not to have lost some respect for Brady after his anti Schottenheimer tirade last season.

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,243
    People can insult Jesus before LT...

10. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    The Pats are classless. They get no respect at all from me, either for the way they played or for the way they acted afterwards. For the team that's supposedly "been there before" they acted like clowns when the game was over. LT was right in everything he said. The Patriots are the cockiest most arrogant team in the league, they don't respect their opponents and their public face is all a great big act. But everyone's starting to see through it. LT ain't the first person who has started to notice.

I love how you say LT got all kinds of respect from you for his class but the moment he says something bad about you and your team now he's suddenly a different guy. LT is ALL class and if he said it it's true.

11. mchak68

mchak68 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought some good points were brought up. Yes I am a Pats Fan. Did I like the fact that the Pats players were dancing around on the logo and immitating a stupid sack dance that players were doing in the middle of the game for imcompletions. No.

It was a close physical game that came down to the last second. Did the better team win. maybe not. You have a great young team in San Dieago, and should be good for a while. I always respected the Chargers since you had Dan Fouts and Air Carrol there.

All teams have players on it that are immature and act like jerks when they win or lose. We do have some of the best players who have class. Tom Brady, Teddy Bruschi, and Troy Brown to name a few.

We had a team that everyone seems to point out what we dont have. We dont have a lot of star pro bowl players. What we do have is a lot of good football players who know their rolls and are well coached.

12. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    Okay, if it's cheap shot time I'm cool with that. So much for reason. The people that have replied have shown their true yahoo colors.

What's L.T.'s stance on performance enhancing drugs? Does he talk to Merriman? I picture L.T., surrounded by cub scouts, explaining to them that they shouldn't cheat like Merriman, or, jeapordize their health with steroids.

How about the seven run ins with the Police this season. Does L.T. enjoy playing with felons? They must be really classy felons if he isn't on ESPN complaining about them......

13. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    My apologies to those that posted rational responses while I was typing.

14. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    LT is on the side of his teammates. Deal with it. You don't hear players bashing their own and any player who did would be destroying team chemistry, so congrats on coming up with a stupid a non-argument.

15. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

chupa mi verga por favor :tup:

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Ahhh more Pats fans thumping their bibles about Merriman. Even though in their recent past they have had their problems. Players arrested for pot, Failed or 'missed' Substance tests, taking on rookies who use nadralone....

Yet they have the soap box and no rememberance of their past... OK...

17. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    They're simple questions if you ask me. Is cheating classy? Is driving while intoxicated classy?

Tell L.T. to turn his eyes towards his team before he calls us out for dancing on a football field.

You guys are amazing.

I'm for different viewpoints, it's the unintelligent regurgitation of blue and gold B.S. I find foolish.

18. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
    Oh, o.k., just produce the police blotters or the NFL suspensions.

You guys will be playing Cinci in the penal league championships.

19. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    The steroid argument is pure bullshit. I could come up with an argument saying that 2% of extra muscle mass from taking steroids was retained by Todd Sauerbrun and that without that extra 2%, his punts would have been 3 inches shorter and Parker wouldn't have muffed that punt.

20. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Karma is coming for the Patriots. It came for us this Sunday, I freely admit it, for the stupid UT printing idiotic parade plans. But now it's your turn.

Karma is coming, and I will laugh, stand, and applaud when it does.

21. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,243
    Is driving while smoking pot classy?

You want to make it out like your Patriots are a bunch of chior boys go ahead, but it isnt true. Yeah the Chargers have had problems this season. Many of the fans have expressed concern and frustraion about that.

As far as Merriman, he made a mistake. Be it because he either didnt know or did know is imaterial. He has a banned substance in him. But everyone deserves a second chance. You would GLADLY give it to any of your players, but want to make a stink about it, and hold a Charger to a higher standard than you would hold your own players....

What do you call that?

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    typical patriot ashhole. :tdown:

24. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +79
  25. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It's 12:20am in Boston. No other reason to be here than to start ****. Watch this snowball....

26. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    You know nothing about our organization.

I predict ACF in 2 hours.

27. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    For the love of God, what does Merriman have to do with the issue?

28. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Have you ever tried BAN roll on deoderant? It repels trolls.

[​IMG]

29. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    That guy also has nothing to do with the situation.

The key to defending your arguments is to stay on topic.

When you go off on tangets it makes your argument look weak.

30. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.