1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A playoff game question

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by megold0715, Dec 21, 2009.

1. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    hello my chargers family i have a question to throw out there if anyone knows the answer it would be appreciated .for anyone that doesnt know my situation season ticket holder i live in ny i have playoff tickets ,so im obviously coming out there the question is when hypothetical although i believe were getting #2 seed so that is where im going off of below are 2 links "schematics " one is playoffs as if it ended today the other is what days the games are etc, my question would be according to both links the CHARGERS would play on sunday ? and the colts sat? i hope i made sense , for the reason of having to book a flight before they get too crazy in price or i could wait till they announce it am i making sense ?thanks GOO CHARGERS

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147d1c0&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=POST#Week

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We still need 1 more win to OWN the #2 seed outright, or a NE loss will also do it for us.

So as of right now we still need 1 win OR 1 NE loss and we play in SD on Jan 16th or 17th.

NE plays home game, Cincy plays home game vs. the 2 wc teams. We would host the highest remaining seed and Indy would host the lowest remaining seed after the Wildcard weekend.

3. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    yes thank you that is understood already .pretty much my question is what day sat or sunday im trying to figure that out did you look at both those links if it went according to that we would play on sunday thats after the #2seed is locked im just trying to figure out if it goes by combining both the links its pretty much do i have to fly out sat or sunday so take 2 days of work or 3 thanks alex

4. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    As far as I know, we will not know until the playoffs start if it will be Saturday or Sunday. We might not even know for sure until after the first round.

5. Electrogasm

Electrogasm BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Chargers COO Jim Steeg visited the XTRA 1360 guys during their Power Hour show and spoke about this very subject. It was last week - 12/15 I believe - so you can listen to that show HERE. He may not answer it definitely, but he will give you a better idea as to which day the game may fall on. Mind you, this is all predicated on the Chargers earning the #2 seed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Based on last year and 2007, the #1 seed played on Saturday in the Divisional round(round 2) and the #2 seed played on Sunday.

If the chargers go as the #2 seed as expected, they will play on Sunday.

7. megold0715

Ratings:
    +70
    Well that would be sweeet im asking because i would fly in on sunday morning and fly home monday night and miss only one day instead of 2 and paying for extra days in a hotel /gambling/car rental hoping for sunday the flights from ny are cheaper ,if anyone else hears anything definate pleas hook a brother up with the 411 GOOOOOO CHAAAARRRRRGEEEERRRSS