1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A serious question.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LV Bolt Fan, Jan 20, 2010.

1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I keep hearing the term......Norv is a puppet for AJ Smith. Please explain why you can say this. :yes:
    Explain it in terms that I can understand, including big words. :icon_rofl:

I don't want opinions, I want facts! (Counts you out, B4L)

Don't sing it.......Bring it! If you can.:tup:

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What exactly would you consider facts?
    An article of Norv saying "I am AJ's puppet?" A you tube of AJ saying "Norv is my puppet?"

How about this... you find an article (real, not photoshoped) of Norv saying "I and not a puppet" or AJ saying "Norv is not my puppet" and that will take care of everything.

Stop being lazy and telling everybody to research for you.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Please tell us all who this phantom duo is that you keep preaching to us is. I know you only want to go to the Super Bowl. I want to know if they can really win San Diego the Lombardi in their first year that you insist they can.

4. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I think his point is that folks are saying that many are saying that Norv is AJ's puppet. If you are going to make that claim then like he said.....back it up. He isn't making the claim that Norv isn't. He is just asking for proof that Norv is. :icon_shrug:

5. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291
    That's some pretty fallacious reasoning. If you say something you have to back it up. You're the one being lazy. What do you think a judge would say if you told him to find his own proof that you did something if you were on trial

• Like Like x 1
  6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    ROFLMAO

Otherwise known as = :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

:lol:

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

First off, what does that have to do with the topic of this thread?

Second, I gave you an answer in other threads. No need to repeat myself.

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    People can say it cause it's a free country. If you don't understand it, that's your problem.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    Yep! You can say whatever you want, and it doesn't even have to be true! :icon_tease:

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Thread Topic: A serious Question.

Post from hexbolt contained a questions. Therefore it has been determined by the BoltTalk tribunal that the post shall be allowed to stand, and is on topic.

Have a good day citizen...

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    A judge wouldn't ask about he said/she said crap. He would just look at the way the organization has been over the past 6 seasons and realize that Norv is AJ's puppet.

As for everything else... I'm not going to take the time to ask Chargers fans and NFL fans if they feel this way. I know most of them do. Go ahead and start a poll but realize that this forum is a tiny minority!!!
    There's what... 3,000 members? Well 70,000 attended Sunday's game and when you include those watching on TV... you'll get over a million.

I know these things cause I've attended every home game and a few away games under the Norv era and the people at those games never have anything nice to say about Norv.
    Even posters in here. Some who claim they're OK with Norv in here, speak differently in person.

Oh... How's this for proof? Why is it that through all 3 seasons (07-09), the home crowd began chanting "MARTY!!!" at several games? Remember, that's up to 70,000 people. And you can bet there were people watching those games on TV feeling the same way. In which this forum barley makes a grain of salt in that percentage!!!

Most posters here were either at those games or watching them on TV. So you know it happened. So there you have it!!!

SLAMMED!!!

13. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +291
    My critical thinking prof would LOVE this. I should've used you as a review for the final. You useable different fallacy in practically every post!

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Read post above.

15. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +291
    B4L. A judge wouldn't bother with "he said/she said crap" because it isn't proof. It is YOUR JOB to enforce YOUR idea that norv is AJs puppet. I'm not going to put the pieces together myself because I'd you can't prove it, it's not trueAnd because Marty was a fan favorite doesn't mean that norv is AJs puppet. AGAIN more fallacios reasoning. Just because the majority agrees with something doesn't make it true. Does that mean that in north America that everyone who isn't a christian's religion is wrong(I'm atheis btw just an example)

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

As boltsnow said "I think his point is that folks are saying that many are saying that Norv is AJ's puppet." So your got you answer!!!

They weren't screaming "Norv is AJ's puppet" but they were expressing disapproval in Norv's coaching abilities.
    You wanted fact, you got it... and remember, that's up to 70,000 people. And you can bet there were people watching those games on TV feeling the same way. In which this forum barley makes a grain of salt in that percentage!!!

SLAMMED!!!

17. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +291
    How does disapproving of norvs coaching equate to Him being AJs puppet?

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What do you think they were saying? He's a great coach?

Face it... this concept is slammed so hard that they can't get up!!! You guys can twist it anyway you'd like but you wanted facts, you got em'!!!
    Later!

19. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +291
    You don't know what they were saying beyond they liked Marty. I'm still waiting for an explanation as to how this makes him a puppet. You're just focusing on irrelevant details. You haven't even touched on the question so how is the concept slammed? Prove to me that either norv is Ajs puppet or that Marty being a fan favorite is somehow relevant to norv being a puppet.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I understand your twist... "he didn't say he was a horrible coach, he said he was a really, really bad coach."

Well you guys can do the twist and shout all day and all night but there in no more reason for this thread.

Later.

21. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +291
    What the hell are you talking about!? Does anyone else understand what this is supposed to mean and this ridiculous evasion of a simple question?

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    That's the typical B4L spin.

23. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Even on ignore, all this B4L spin makes me dizzy... :blink:

24. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    What, so people were chanting when things weren't going their way and that is your proof? Funny, I don't remember any recent chanting for Marty in quite some time. People are drunk and go with their emotions at the time. I can bet anything that those same people that were chanting Marty have no problem with Norv (until something doesn't go their way). I'm not afraid to admit it.....I was one of those chanting for Marty when times were tough with Norv. But Norv is the HC now and I am fine with that. Where MArty failed Norv excels and where Norv has failed Marty excelled. It's all give and take. In the end I am happy with whomever we have.

So I guess if you were married and your wife doesn't fold your clothes quite right or burns your toast every now and then do you look for a new wife because the existing one isn't disciplined enough to get things right? Or maybe you're the problem because you can't keep her in check. ( all figuratively speaking of course). :popcorn:

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Prove it. I don't want opinions, I want facts!!! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Slammed you with your own analogy!!! :yes:

26. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Not quite spanky. I said bet, meaning if I am wrong (which means prove me wrong) then I would lose that bet. You make blanket statements and claim them to be fact. Iam not doing that.

Balls in your court.

:popcorn:

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Just face it... they were chanting "Marty" cause they don't like their current head coach.

When Rivers throws an interception, you don't hear the crowd chanting "Brees!!!" Why? Because they like their current QB!!!

SLAMMED AGAIN!!!

28. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Cards on the table time...

...its very hard to prove such a thing as NO organisation is going to allow a truth like that to be made public, for fear of a fan backlash!

But if you look at the situation with wide, open eyes and heart...maybe you will see the truth...maybe you wont...maybe it IS a matter of perspective...maybe admiration for Norv or AJ ensures that you cannot compute the possibility that this situation could happen...I don't know!

But IMO...I believe that Norv was desperate to have another shot at the Head coaching position and prove that he is not a head-coaching failure...AJ was looking for someone get on board with him and not question his authority or methods (see marty V AJ...this is well documented!)..hence the term I used...Puppet!

29. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +629
    Spin....spin....spin.

Pure comedy for what is currently a horrible off season. :lol:

:popcorn:

30. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Another multi B4L? Really? You don't even hide it well :lol: