1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A serious question.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LV Bolt Fan, Jan 20, 2010.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Your a mod and you know damn well I've never had a multi.

2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    what's that? i can't hear you from ignoreland... you're gonna have to speak up! one of your other "personalities" isn't blocked yet, try that one ;)

3. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    To those that disagree...do you believe (with hand on heart) that AJ chose Norv because he was the best coach for the job and not because he would do what hes told???

...and no spouting on about the fact that our offence was installed by Norv and thats why he was here cos there are a dozen coordinators out there that use a similar if not the same system that we could have got!

4. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Hes entitled to his opinon just like you...and me!

Thats what forums are for!!

It would be broing if everyone had the same opinon...wouldn't it??

Lets embrace the fact that we all think differently and listen to others opinons rather than get all defensive when that opinon differs from our own!

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Ummm, I don't care if his errr.. your opinions differ from my own or anyone elses, feel free to share. It's not those who disagree with these opnions who are on the defensive silly.

6. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Your making this too easy B4L.......I don't remember fans bringing banners saying Norv must go. Hmmmmmm Mr I go to every game, can you think of who they may have done that for last???

Queue music from Jeopardy :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

And to add, people chanting was a spur of the moment that cost no money or no time to do. Making a banner took planning, money & time.

KAPOOOOW!!!

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

So what?

Many wanted Brees gone too. If Rivers was choking, you'd hear chants to bring back Brees. But Rivers has giving us no reason to miss Brees.

If they were happy with Norv... you wouldn't hear Marty chants for 3 years.

Keep doing the twist and shout!!! The concept of this thread has been slammed so hard, you have nothing to lose!!! :yes:

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Talk about twist, it goes from Marty/Norv to Rivers/Brees. They only chant when things don't go their way. Were they chanting Marty during the 11 game winning streak? Were they chanting Marty when we won a playoff game? Your logic holds no water.
    I'll say it again, they only chanted when something they didn't like went wrong. With Marty they had so much hatred they spent the time, the money and the effort to voice their disapproval.

Hmmmm, looks like you & Marty actually have something in common.:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

BULLEYE!!! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Those are examples and they're right on target!!!
    As for those sings... I've also seen signs saying "We want Cowher, Gruden, Billick, etc." over the past 3 years!!! Some even saying "We Want Marty Back."

"With Norv they had so much hatred they spent the time, the money and the effort to voice their disapproval." :lol:

Stay Down... You'll Get Slammed Again!!! :yes:

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    You're the one telling "the vast majority" what's wrong with the team. The current HC and GM are causing us to lose and if Dean hired a new HC and GM we'd win the Super Bowl next year.

So tell us who this phantom duo is that you continue to speak of. If you can't name these two people who in your own word's "can win the Lombardi in their first year" Then you must be a liar and a fake.

11. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Yeah but your your signs don't count. Don't be shy it's ok were all friends here. Come on, what other signs do you have? Being on the East coast I can't prove you wrong but what I can do is go by what I see and hear. Anyhow, like I said earlier......fans will voice their disappointment when they aren't happy and cheer when were winning. That's what makes a fan a fan.
    If Norv is so bad then why did you admit that you may have been wrong about him when he started winning? You are one of those fans obvioulsy!

Fence stradler! :popcorn:

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    I can vouch for him in that he's never brought a sign in to the stadium as he sits one section over from me.

I can also say with 99.9% certainty, that anyone attempting to bring in a sign that says "Fire Norv" or "We want Marty back" would not be allowed to bring it in the stadium. The parking lot? Another story.

There was one guy walking around the stadium during Norv's first season that wore this:

[​IMG]

That guy walked right by my seat so i snapped that picture. Don't agree with it though.

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks to Nicklebolt:

Per B4L......

Re: Bolts4Life: Dinner is served

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm right here you Sick Freaks!!!!

First things first... I will gladly eat crow. Serve it with the bottle of Asti that I still have from 94. I didn't drink it because we lost. It's looking really nasty but it will be popped when we win the Super Bowl!!!
    Anyway.... MAJOR PROPS TO NORV!!!!

Those of you sick freaks that came up barbie doll shirt idea need to come out of the closet already. I never even mentioned that (much rather agree to that.) It's your gay thoughts talking to you!!!

Also... that fat, old, gansta wannbe ain't no pimp and never will be!!
    This ain't about you. It's about the CHARGERS!!

On another thought...
    I lit up a victory cigar after we won the game.
    Been partying ALL day!!!!
    Waited at Charger Park for 5 hours just to show appreciation to our players.
    WHERE THE FUK WERE ALL OF YOU?!!!!!!
    I saw four of you!!!
    THINK AGAIN BEFORE YOU QUESTION HOW MUCH OF A CHARGERS FAN I AM!!!

And again... Norv deserves major props and I have no problem saying that!!! When a guy shows up with a horrible resume, it's hard to have confidence in him. BUT, today he's shown that he's learned through those years.
    I WAS WRONG ABOUT NORV!!!!

That just goes to show that I'm wayyyy better than you!!!

So basically everything you are saying now means diddly. You've already admitted that you believe in Norv.

Check Mate!!! :icon_party::popcorn::icon_party:

14. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Like I said, I can't disprove since I am on the East coast but I remember all the hub-bub about that and I was in line being pissed off that Marty helped shape this team only to be shown the door. I still stand by that.

One question......did the Bolts win that game that you got the puicture of? If they did, that guy must have felt like a real dick.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Then how come your's do? Saying you want another coach is disapproval of the current coach!

AS for the other statement... I though Norv was a joke as a HC before he came here and was not one bit happy the day we signed him.

Though that doesn't mean I don't want my team to win. IMO... he's coached ONE great games since he's been here and that was the 07 playoffs in Indianapolis. He wins us a Super Bowl, I have to give him credit. So far, I'm seeing more regression that progression with Norv in charge.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

That was the ONE game that I give Norv lots of credit for. I saw a different coach and one that I hoped we'd see from now on.

Unfortunately... Same Ol' Norv since then!!! :tdown:

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    Not sure...can't remember.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It was an extremely lucky win!!!
    Our offense looked like crap. It was ALL special teams and defense.
    The winning factor was a Vinatieri missed field goal.

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    So you admit you were wrong, give Norv major props and willing to eat crow over one game???

You are more of a flip flopper then I gave you credit for.

Ohhh look he did good that game = jump on the Norv band wagon

Ohhh he did bad that game = throw Norv under the bus.

I've seen your kind before. :icon_eek:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

20. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    That's all part of the game. One facet of the team doesn't do too good the others have to pick them up. Seems like Norv had the team prepared pretty well to contribute more when needed.

Way to go Norv!!!:tup:

Keep up the good work! :yes:

:popcorn:

How many more till 1000? 64?

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No flip flopping at all, cause I saw a different coach in that game but that coach no longer exists. I don't know who that was but it wasn't the Norv that NFL knows. I liked that coach!!!

Same ol' Norv returned and I don't like that coach!
    In 3 years, he did good in ONE game!!!

22. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Ok....Uncle.

I give. My life is too short to go on with this anymore. Maybe another day. :popcorn::popcorn:

23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

A flip flopper goes back and fourth. If I saw that same Norv today... I'd be happy about the extension. But we only saw that Norv once in 3 years.

A key part of Nick's song... "When a guy shows up with a horrible resume, it's hard to have confidence in him. BUT, today he's shown that he's learned through those years."

One time in 3 years... can you say fluke?
    Bring back "Fluke Norv"... he'll get my support.

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Liar, no truth in this post.