1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A Steelers Fan's Passion

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Phenomenal TJ, May 6, 2009.

1. Phenomenal TJ

Phenomenal TJ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...bleeding-black-and-gold-is-all-ive-ever-known

• Like Like x 1
  2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +896
    Let's see, your favorite team has a rich history and goes to the playoffs all the time. They have won six Super Bowls. It must be real tough to be a diehard fan of a team like that. I have all the respect in the world for the Steelers organization, but people telling me they are diehard Steelers fans doesn't impress me much.

Meanwhile, if you are a diehard Chargers fan you have lived with lean stretches and disappointment, yet you STILL love the team. You have never watched your team hoist the Lombardi, but you are STILL there. Yeah, Charger Fan could have given up and jumped on one of America's Bandwagons (Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay, Oakland), but they stayed true. I have way more respect for fans that root for teams that aren't successful, because they have been tested and not wavered.

ANYBODY can be a Steelers fan, it's not that hard. In fact, everywhere you go in the U.S., there is a group of Steelers fans, people who have no real ties to Pittsburgh, they just jumped on the Steelers bandwagon because they win all the time. I sat at a local sports bar with one of those in the playoffs last year. All decked out in her Steelers gear, didn't even watch one play of the first quarter, too busy shooting the **** with another woman. After they were safely in the lead she started watching, talking about HER Steelers, etc.

Anyway, I am sure you are a big fan, yippee for you. Not sure why you think anyone here at Bolt Talk would be interested in the fact that you love the Steelers. :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Fact is, unless you're a transplanted Pittsburger, the local Steeler fans probably resent all the out of state bandwagoners. I have a lot more respect and admiration for the fans of that OTHER Pennsylvania city...Philly. There might be a lot of a-holes in their fan base but they are rabid and loyal.

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Lets talk to a Die-Hard Detroit Lions Fans and see what can be said?

I have a lot more respect for the Detroit Football Fan Base than any Fan Base except our own San Diego Chargers Fan Base. :)

I agree with you Gridreaper that if you want to talk to true Pennsylvania Football Fans go no further than the Philadelphia Eagles Fan Base. Then you know who is the most rabid of them all are.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    sounds like some whiney punkass little skinny punk! I would rather shove each and every Lombardi up his anal orifice till he screams, then do it once more for good measure!

A real die hard does not have to prove it to anyone. Those around him know it! To others, he is just some snot nosed kid who gets punked regularly for his lunch money at school.

6. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +896
    AND dude lives in OHIO, but can't be bothered to root for the Browns. It's probably way easier to be a Steelers fan because they win.

7. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    All of the above is true.

8. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Up until this year it wasn't easy for someone to be a Cardinal fan either. That team had serious championship drought issues and I guess still does.

9. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    if you had a choice, would you be a Browns fan?

10. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +896
    I don't know, as I don't live in Ohio. But it looks like Mr. Diehard Steelers fan took the easy route.

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976

If the Chargers move to LA I am going to be a Steelers fan.

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Being here in Michigan I can tell you first hand that Die Hard Lions fans are a lot like our Bolt faithful

The Lions have been around a long time, there are generations that have grown up around the Norris division, GB Chi and the Lions.

But for the most part, the fans here follow their college football more the the pros

13. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :no:

I'll be a Cheesehead now that Favre is gone.

:tup:

14. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    But us SD fans have it worse. You got the Wings, Tigers, the Pistons, all have won multiple championships. San Diego fans haven't won shiat or experienced a true outright championship except indoor soccer and early days AFL. But one day, one sweet and glorious day, hopefully before I die, we can get a ring.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +275
    Although it's not really the same, I've been an Arizona fan since the year they drafted Anquan Boldin maybe the year before that. It's not really comparable but at least I didn't jump on the bandwagon when they got to the SB.

Also I hate most of the teams that people seem to really like such as the Steelers, Pats, Colts, Giants, Cowboys, etc.

16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :conc:

17. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I told some Steelers fans this, and they said it was cool, up to the point where I told them that as a fan I have never rooted for a team that has won any World Championship. On the up side I can tell a Raider fan to shut up until they get at least a 6 pack.

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +431
    I'd still root for the Chargers, why root for another team that's farther away? I don't know if my love for the Chargers would deminish but I wouldn't root for any other team

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976

I cannot root for any team that calls Los Angeles home.

• Like Like x 1
  20. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

yeah but as with most people it's "what have you done for me lately"

What's funny here is you have hockey fans, Baseball fans, BBL fans, and football fans. They tend to not support more than one.

:icon_huh:

21. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    TELL IT H8er

:tup:

22. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan New Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Probably tough for some people to root for a team that leaves your city. I know of quite a few football fans in Los Angeles that to this day still cannot stand the Rams, and I can't really blame them. I honestly not sure how I will feel if the Chargers move to another city.

As for the Steeler fan, you just know that a few years ago he was on the Patriot band wagon, and before that the Rams.

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    thank god the Clippers moved up there!

24. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    this was the one exception. I was so fugging pissed off when Sterling moved them that I started to root for the Lakers.

But, it my defense they are really from Minny

:lol:

25. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:

26. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +896
    I hear you, but why the Steelers? Thousands upon thousands of front runners have already beat you there. :yes:

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    They have 6 Lombardi's, the Raiders only have 3, thats twice as many

28. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Llooooooyyyyyddddd Freeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

World B. Free. Damn those were good times.

29. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    This is the golden rule of being a San Diego sports fan. Break this one, including the Bolts if they end up there, and all respect is gone.

30. Phenomenal TJ

Phenomenal TJ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Or perhaps he's competing for a job with CBS Sports? Just possibly, maybe?

And as to the first part, that's fantastic, you can threaten people over the internet...good for you? Does that make you tougher? Or does it just up your E-Rep a ton? Because man! You sure are the bad *** of Bolt Talk!

Dude has a name. It's not hard to pronounce, two letters in fact, I could mail you a braille example of my name since you have trouble reading the article as evidenced by your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Or perhaps one would learn why I became a diehard Steelers fan by reading the article? Maybe, just possibly.

A lot of classy people here at Bolt Talk, aren't there? There's a reason only two Chargers fans in this world have my respect.

You guys are hilarious, keep up the hate, I love it.