1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A what if question on a vet running back

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by JoeRockhead, Aug 13, 2012.

1. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +161
    I have a what if thought. What if the Chargers were to acquire running back Deangelo Williams? Not saying it could happen or would happen, but would he be a good fit? He would be a back who could carry the load and a good receiver out of the back field. He would be a good back up for the injury prone Mathews, as well as share carries. This would keep Mathews fresher. The Panthers are 3 deep at running back and just extended Jonathon Stewart. He may be available on the cheap. The Panthers may be willing to part with his contract. His next year is an option year I believe. Would we have the ability to do such a thing? Just curious.

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I said it before and I'll say it again, we should have given Peyton Hillis more of a look. The man does everything well, run, catch, block, and is playing angry trying to prove himself again...and the Chiefs got him for 1yr/3M.

As for DWil, its not a remotely realistic option due to his 9 million dollar cap hit next year, but there is no downside to having 2 very talented guys splitting carries. I might spend a 3rd or 4th round draft pick on a RB next year though...hell I would have this year, and I'm the biggest Mathew's supporter here.

3. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +161
    I agree with you on Hillis. That would have been a good pick up. I think Mike Bush would have been as well, but he wanted big money.

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +238
    Hillis would NOT work in our system. He'd be a more of a larger Hester in Norv's system. I can see him being really good in Chiefs systems and is why I believe he is a good fit with them.

We need like quick RB similar to what Darren Sporles was.

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Why because he's white? :laugh: He's a bigger/faster version of Mike Tolbert. Unfortunately all anyone wanted to do was bitch about his holdout last year...a holdout I supported entirely considering he was the Browns ENTIRE OFFENSE in 2010, and risks his body as much as any player in the league.

A RB who pounds the rock on the goal line, has rediculously good hands, and can pass block....sounds like a Norv RB to me.