1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

About Marty: A vent or a rant, whatever you want to call it

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Dear Fellow Boltfans,

I don't want to hear any more talk of "who else was available?" or "we'd be taking a step backwards" if we got a new coach. It is all speculation, just as your faith in Marty's chances for next year. Talk will only get you so far, and the time for that talk is over.

Like it or not, Marty is our coach next year, I get it. I don't have to be happy about it, but in the words of our beloved GM, "It is what it is".

I have said repeatedly that I do not believe in Marty. I just don't. It doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else, nor do I question any other person's loyalty to our team. We're all here, right? We all obviously love the Chargers. I'll still be there cheering for my team next season, but come playoff time, I'll be prepared for the early end this time. That's just how I feel about Marty. This year, I put aside my hatred for Marty and allowed myself to believe in him, and he blew it. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Now, you can give me your reasons why after all the 5-13 bullshit I should think otherwise until you are blue in the face. Yes, 14 -2 was great, but 14-3 SUCKS ***. Yes, having the league MVP wearing lightning Bolts for the first time ever was great, but the MVP watching the AFC Championship game at home on TV SUCKS ***. Fielding a team with an impressive 10 Pro Bowlers is awesome, but it's also a joke they have to wait 4 weeks to play their next game.

This will be my final statement in regards to Marty. That said, I will take my FIRE MARTY banner down. I will not question this decision any more. I will accept it and move on. When the season ends, and we're once again faced with this decision of what to do with the Head Coach who can't get it done in the postseason, again, remember this post.

Hopefully, with a whole lot of faith, a whole lot of luck, and a whole lot of drinking and partying, we'll be celebrating a Super Bowl victory and this will all be for naught, but if those of us who feel Marty is NOT the answer are indeed right, I'll be accepting apologies from all you who think I'm a fool for believing what I do.

See you guys @ the Q.

• Like Like x 1
  2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Great .. glad you got that out .. and I don't want to hear any more "FIRE MARTY" SH*T! It's tired.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Agreed 100% and well stated.

Although, I think it is pussss to take down the FIRE Marty sig. :lol:

4. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I don't have high hopes for next post season either I think our players put too much pressure on themselves and start looking for all of the playoff adversity that's supposed to come with each playoff game instead of playing the way they've been playing all year. I think that did them in this time. I don't know if Marty does anything to fuel the players feelings that way but if he does then don't worry he'll be gone after next season. You should feel happy though. It will be a win win situation for you next year. Either we win in the playoffs or Marty leaves....hell maybe even both.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    The win-win was supposed to come this year but the Owner chickened out.

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    cool,

good on ya.

:icon_toast: :icon_toast:

and,

as an added extra bonus

we won't have to worry about whether he stays or goes next year

:abq2: :abq2: :abq2:

7. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I kinda figure it's a "win one for the gipper" thing that the players might rally around and get their focus on. LT's gonna have them motivated. Just don't you screw up your last, best chance for a ring Marty!

8. Talagang Pinoy

Talagang Pinoy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
  9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,057
    Well at least we felt good because we were able to express how we really felt.

He is still here, I guess the only thing we can do is just let it go. It sucks, but dont let it dwell on you! Dont let it get the best of you.

We are all Bolt brothers and sisters, and we need to hang together to get through this together. We will be the stronger for it.

• Like Like x 1