1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Absolutely embarrassing.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Aug 5, 2014.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I just read on ESPN.com that Andy Dalton signed a 6 year $115 million dollar contract. And the Bengals wonder why they haven't won a playoff game in like 20 years.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    When you don't have a better option, you end up overpaying for what you have. It's a QB's world.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I agree to an extent. Problem is that they could have retained for much less. He is being paid as much if not more than Manning. The guy has never won a playoff game for god sakes. And if he doesn't become something quick they are set back for a long time. They will have to release him because no other team is going to pick up that salary.

AJ Green's contract I believe is up next year and Burfict if he stays out of trouble and produces like he did thus past season both will require big salaries in which they won't be able to keep all 3.

4. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    It's essentially a two year deal with options for the club thereafter. If a better option presents itself he's gone. Not a bad football move, at all.

Back up a little bit before you bash Andy Dalton's $115M Bengals deal

Bengals give Andy Dalton six-year deal for reported $96 million

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    As a charger fan I love this deal. Bengals will never be a legitimate contender as long as Andy Dalton is playing QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    What I read in that slow your roll article that made me think was the reason they did it was the # of tds he has racked up in 3 seasons and 3 post season outings:

He's thrown 90 something TDS in those 3 years. Third or 4th behind brees and manning in that span.

Also give them credit they drew up the deal with plenty of a safety net for the organization if he doesn't step up his game.

I was expecting dalton to try and flacco it and strong arm this caliber of a deal as a result.

Time will tell if dalton is a better than good qb, or the second coming of romo.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  9. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +136
    The deal looks like its VERY team friendly without much guaranteed money and a lot of chances for the bengals to opt out of it. Also might be a few performance based incentives in there.

• Agree Agree x 1