1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Accidental discharges

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, May 20, 2008.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This comment from an LE friend of mine-

Well, looks like he had a finger inside the trigger guard when he jammed it into the holster didn't he?

Says something about Glock's not having an external safety - or maybe 'I know all there is to know' instructors - or both.

Headspace problem...

I'm sure that the answer to this type of problem is.... bulletproof pants!

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This from a SWAT team sniper-

Yup. When I was going through the police academy we were told to practice holstering our pistols without looking at our holsters so that we would learn not to take our eyes of suspects when we went to handcuff them or otherwise deal with them. We were supposed to do it at home so we could work on practical techniques during class. One morning, one of our guys didn't show up. Miss two classes and you're out. So about mid-morning, the senior instructor walks in and tells us how Russel What's-his-name, will recycle to the next academy. We scratch our heads and wonder what happened. At break we hear that Mr. Smith & Wesson 686 bit him on the leg when he was practicing holstering him. Seems Mr. Smith & Wesson also didn't like having a finger on his trigger when he snuggled into his holster. I also know another guy who did the same thing with a belly holster. This guy was a civilian with a CCW license. We call him " One Ball" Blaine now.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    2nd place winner-

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6aSJgcpqePk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6aSJgcpqePk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The Winnah-

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5IZlcbJwfP4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5IZlcbJwfP4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    From a retired Army SGM-

In my Army career I have seen some accidentally discharges. Only one resulted in an injury. On A 402 in 1967 we had a 12B shoot himself in the femur. During stand down we would have a guy on guard to check the indig guards and make commo checks. This one night some of us were still up in our little make shift club when the guard walked in. He had on a 45 cal and the holster flap was cut off. We noticed that the weapon was cocked and told him so. He pulled the weapon out laid the muzzle on his thigh and attempted to put the hammer down. Bang it went off and blew his femur away. He stood up in shock not realizing what had happened. He collapsed, we evacuated him and he never came back. Short tour.

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    One wise-*** buddy's comment-

"It would be nice to have a collection of the last words spoken before all cases of stupid discharges..."

• Like Like x 1
  8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    'Nuther comment about dumb-asses-

"It would be nice to have a collection of the last words spoken before all cases of stupid discharges...

Don't know what the last words would be for accidental discharges but I do know what those words are in most boating accidents:

"Hey.... Y'all watch this...... etc."

For example...... an idiot with a relatively fast outboard boat wanted to come flying up to the end of the swimming pier and then swerve at the last moment to throw water up on the sunbathing beauties. He made "a slight miscalculation" and ran underneath the pier instead. We found parts of his head in amongst the two gas tanks in the back of the boat. Quite dead, you see.

And it wasn't even one of my duty days with the Washington Volunteer Rescue Squad. I was just helping out at the marina that day when the fool did his thing. He had done the same thing at least two times before that and we commented that the idjit was gonna screw up. Several of us were watching him as he hit the pier."

9. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Yanno, when I was working at the hospital, we had a guy come through the ER one night after shooting off one of his testicles. He was a minor drug dealer of some local repute, and he'd actually been trying to hide his 'piece' from the cops by shoving it down the front of his pants, gangster-movie style. It discharged when he sat down in his car. Dumb ****.

Incredibly, this idiot stick was admitted once more several months later..........after shooting off the OTHER testicle, along with part of his penis, in exactly the same fashion. All we nurses could say was, thank GOD he would never be able to reproduce---all the world needs is more dingbats like that guy!!!!!!

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Fuq'in great...one for the good guys; or should I say two!!

:lol: :icon_rofl: :flag:

I wondered if anya y'all medicos'd jump on this thread!! :tup:

11. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I guess it will be okay to hide his gun there now because there's nothing left to shoot off. :lol:

12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Well, there's still the Elongis of the Dongis, altho...:icon_eek: :icon_rofl:

13. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Now that's funny. :hilarious:

14. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    And you know, this guy had the nerve to whiiiiiiiiine all throughout his hospital stay........he'd ask for pain pills every hour or two, and in between he'd call for Pepsi, for snacks, for the TV remote (which was anchored to his bedrail), and so on. It got so we hated to see his light come on---and then he'd go into his song-and-dance: "what's the matter with you, I'm the one that shot my nuts off!!" Yeah, and anyone with half the sense God gave a goose wouldn't have stuck that gun down his pants the FIRST time, let alone a second......what a LOSER!

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We need more chlorine in the gene pool. :yes:

16. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I thought "accidental discharge" was when your wife complained about how little time we need. ;)

17. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Some people never make it out of the shallow end of the gene pool.

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Mrs Shammie tole me'bout'dat as I was buyin the chips and dip :icon_eek:

19. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Ooooooooooooooooooo..........:icon_eek:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That's a very technical term...I usedta teach Anatomy and Physiology a generation and a half ago; WTF's that :Harrumph: smilie?? :icon_tease: