1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

According to Darren Smith on 1090

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Mar 4, 2010.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The Chargers have changed their mind and are going to tender Sproles with a 1st and 3rd tender. That would mean he will get $7.2 mil contract.

He better be traded or signed to a long term deal. $7.2 is a joke, and there is no way he deserves it

2. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    They're probably going to work out a long term deal. Either that or they don't plan on using a high draft pick on a running back, so Sproles suddenly becomes a lot more necessary.

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Well, if the rumors floating around about him demanding a 4 year $40 mil contract, then I see no way they sign him long term. He had ridiculous demands last year, and they didn't pay it. Now he wants more after have a worse year.

I think they will be trading him, the question is, for what. Maybe they are packaging him with Cro to get a better deal than what Cro would have gotten us alone

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    It's being reported as well by kevin acee and now by Jim trotter and Adam schefter from espn.

They have to be working seriousl on a long term deal - no team is insane enough to trade a first and a third for a scatback/returner. Not even Washington.

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Get it done AJ!

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    The Chargers have the option to accept less, which they should. Because if he truly wants 4 years $40 mil, then there is no way negotiations even get down to an acceptable level

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    4 years for $20 million is a lot for him let alone double it.

8. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Exactly.

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    and if they are - hooray for us :icon_shrug:

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    my guess is the chargers will hang onto sproles for one more year. But this year start trying find rb's. I'm guessing the chargers will still land two rb's in this draft. Possibly with the first two picks. My guess is gerhart, tate, or mathews. They may go for dixon or dwyer as well. Dwyer should fall which will allow for us to get him. Dixon who's actually dwyers equal will probably go in the 3rd round.

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I agree. I hope we get one RB in this draft and another in next years draft.

12. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    1st and 3rd is only the RFA compensation! We can (and might) still trade him for something like a 2nd and 4th, or just a 2nd or any combination of things. And you know Washington has to be frusturated because they probably had an offer sheet ready for him.

As the only veteran RB on our roster, I bet we try to work out a long term deal though.