1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Accorsi on Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    There is a new book (The GM: The Inside Story of a Dream Job and the Nightmares That Go With It, by Tom Callahan (Crown Publishing)) coming out about Parcells and Ernie Accorsi. Ralph Vacchiano of the NY Daily News writes some snippets from an advance copy. Extra notes in his blog.

The only pertinent comment about SD:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    If he admitted this recently, then wow. I can't believe he'd want to put that out there.
    First the news about Tiki's new book and his comments on Coughlin and now this. Boy, it must suck to be a gnat's fan these days.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    If you read those links I put in there, Accorsi pretty much rips Coughlin.

4. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I'll have to check them out. thanks

Seriously, I can't imagine being a fan of this team right now. If they simply stunk, then it would be like hey, we're rebuilding and you get through it. But to have all of this soap opera BS surrounding a team that was supposed to be in the playoffs, it's ridiculous. Either they completely implode or they can Coughlin and start all over before the season even ends.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Maybe Accorsi was too afraid of this guy... :icon_eek:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ep-dnlgXTMw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ep-dnlgXTMw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You heard wrong.

7. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7

Hahahaha. Gawd NY fans are idiots...

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    just like their scouts, coaches, general managers, players and front office people

9. KNSD

KNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    He was able to parlay a guy he didn't even want for the No. 1 draft pick in the NFL!

I guess Accorsi really got one over on AJ!

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Cryin' shame they're not on our schedule.

11. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    They were two years ago. :yes:

Chargers 45
    Giants 23

12. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7

Watching that game was so much fun. My voice went hoarse from telling Sheli she was a *****.

13. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:
    classic

• Like Like x 1
  14. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    C'mon now, that game was Eli's coming out game. Don't you remember hearing that over and over again?

I just wonder if they meant coming out of the closet...

• Like Like x 1
  15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    What a glorious nite at the stadium that was...the PA announcer, everytime Eli took the field; "Now playing QB for the New York Giants, #10, Eli Manning", followed a looooong chant of "Eli sucks"!!

16. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

Maybe that's why he's now unemployed. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    That thing was two plays away from being 56-23.

The Elisha pick that went for a TD got called back due to a cheesy head slap PF call that nullified it.

LT's long run late in the game almost went for a touch, and if he had just one more blocker out in front to take care of Justin Tuck, that's a TD, instead of the FG it turned out to be.

18. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

The Pres of my company is a giants fan. He went to the eli game in 2005 w/ one of the regional sales managers who's season tix i've been enjoying this pre-season.

One of the dudes in my pod is a falcons/vick fan, so he has up a pic of vic w/ a sombrero and mustaches titled Viva Ron Mexico! I gave him. Someone walked was talking to him and asked who the pic was. We explained it and all laughed.

A little while later we get an email about how we really shouldn't discuss players STDs in the office so we don't get sued from him.

some fridays alot of folk from the office go a sportsbar near work and both him and I did. He walks up to me and says 'I didn't mean to be berating you guys with that email'. I smile and say 'my first thought was I'd rather have an STD than eli manning as my QB'. He looks stunned for a second as says 'well you can say that here.THen walks away.

Damn funny guy

• Like Like x 1
  19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I was shocked Tuck was ableta run LT down, altho it was late in the game and LT mighta been a little bagged :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

20. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah. It was his final rush of the night. He had after all, touched the ball 26 times for about 160 yards and 3 TD before that 62 yarder. Plus he passed for a 26 yard TD.

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    and we play them again in 2009 though I imagine we'll be travelling to the Meadowlands/Manhatten Jets-Giants stadium to play

which means Sheli won't be coming to San Diego until 2013, of course assuming he's still ON THE TEAM

22. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    He might not be.

Two things will precipitate Elisha's ejection from the Giants:

1.) Rivers guiding the team to a Super Bowl.

2.) Elisha being the same old Eor looking doofus.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    AJ didn't consider Rivers for three seconds either...

before Eli refused to play here. At that point, they went to plan B and Marty's love for Rivers and AJ's hard trade talks, led us to where we are today. Really the Mannings kept us from picking Eli and handed us the opportunity to get Rivers, Merriman and everyone else that came in that trade.

Otherwise we'd have Eli because AJ wouldn't have considered picking Rivers #1 overall for 3 second either.

24. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Sooner, I still believe that this trade was in place before the draft. It is completely out of character for AJ to want Eli on this team after he snubbed us.

AJ is nothing if not consistent. I can't see him ever veering from that attitude that says "FU if you don't want to be a Charger".

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I certainly stand with him on that one!! Snub the Chargers, indeed! :tdown:

Sheli is playing in front of the toughest, nastiest fans in the world. Serves his wimpy *** right. And Accorsi is full of sh*t!

26. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432

Imagine if he played in Philly. :icon_rofl:

27. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929

snicker snicker

28. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    They were talking about his good preseason this year.

From what I saw, he quite often forced his receivers to lay out for the catch.

Rivers did that just once or twice this year.

29. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86

The point isn't AJ wanting Eli AFTER the snub, its the point that AJ never considered Rivers either UNTIL the snub. Before the snub its pretty clear AJ had Eli has his top pick and Rivers wasn't even a thought.

I personally think AJ's attitude came into play in a different way after the snub. The way that says "I'll be damned if some kid is going to tell me not to draft him. If we want him, we're picking him and he can live with it." Doesn't that ALSO fit AJ's personality? Does to me.

Either way, that's a secondary point.