1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ace Parking Sucks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Trumpet_Man, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I have just about had it with ACE Parking.

This has been going on for years and I am angry at these bastards.

Yesterday they opened the gates at 12:16 ..... 16 minutes late. :icon_evil:

I find this highly disrespectful and unprofessional to the fans who are paying and driving to get in the parking lot.

The police were issuing tickets for those who were in line expecting to get in on time. Hundreds of cars were forced to do endless u-turns hoping the gates would open on-time. These people just do not care and operate in a very lazy manner and need to be held accountable by the Chargers organization.

2. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Not only did the Chargers take away our favorite tailgate spot, they even went a step further.

Yesterday they had the area we had settled on as our new location, delineated off for the media and overflow handicapped parking.

There was no media present.

Further, the Gold Zone parking ($750.00) was filled up with last minute arrivals so the people who paid the extra cash for a Gold Zone spot now have fans who paid $20.00 next to them for the after game tailgater.

This is about as fuc't up as it gets. :icon_evil:

I am ready to bust windows :icon_evil:

3. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    look at the article in the UT about the bolts D and at the bottom it says that Josh Lewin was a bit late for the game and the ace parking attendant did not want to let him in to park for the ga,me. She says "show up earlier next time!!" :lol:

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Y'all're lettin y'alls feelings known to "The Man", right??

Call your boy Billy Ray, or Casey Pierce and b1tch!!

Y'all're payin big $$$ ta get fuq'd!!:icon_evil: :tdown:

5. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    I expect a corkage fee soon for drinking, 0.50 cents per beer, 5$ per wine bottle and you must pay for them in advance with a permit displayed for the cops to see....wait they might steal this idea. :icon_evil: Maybe they will do what the padres did and make a majority of the parking, or any of the gen 20$ parking a NON tailgating, so no grilling or drinking, just parking and only the 70$ and up per spot parking will allow drinking, BBQ and haning out.

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have never written a letter to complain but this last game will motivate me to put it on our corporate letterhead and send it to Spanos - Steeg and ACE Parking.

When I was handing the old wrinkled up leather faced biitch my $20.00, I told her I find it highly disrespectful that the gates can not open on time and I said who should I talk to.

She smugly replied and rolled her eyes and said "talk to Ace Parking and the Chargers". :icon_evil:

7. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    the old folks who have had tickets for a long, you know, the same folks that sell thier tickets to the raiders and steelers, bronco's and chiefs games because of al lthe drinking. so yeah, they don;t care because they are never there.

Except yeterday a nice, uptight group of 3 old bolt fans parked right necxt to tony, they got all upset when tony made fun of brees, so I yell to tony "Tell them about donnie the cancer!!!" OMG that old dude got so made, just disgusted and took it way to seriously. The dude was a holier then though type though, I think he wished the cops would shut us up laughing at him getting mad at tony, but then thumper went over to keep it cool

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I ended up dropping the wife at the gate and had her call me when they opened ..... That is what I had to do to make sure I did not get a ticket.

There was a tow truck who moved an illegally parked car from the Gold Zone and moved it an aisle over because he did not have a permit....later that area was filled up with last minute arrivals.

The madness ..........

9. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I remember going off on Brees and Edwards. I did not know Thumper had to intervein .... :lol:

There was an old dude right next to your spot and he agreed with me while others were visibly upset. :icon_rofl:

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    These old farts had blinders on and I just enlightened their sorry geriatric asses and mixed in a barrage of creative expletives to make my point be known. :icon_mrgreen:

11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    They were stat watchers and cheerleaders and not football savvy. Not one had a decent take. I think they **** themselves after I unloaded a few "F" bombs.....I think S m D & K m A was said a few times as well. :icon_mrgreen:

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    My G'ma is 85, an original season ticket holder, and sells her seats every year for the past 4 years since her second husband passed away. She'd LOVE to still be able to go, but her mobility sucks.

But, I'd stack her football knowledge up against a ton of fans. She attended Gillman's "Football 101 for Ladies" in the 1960's and she knows her stuff.

BTW: A good Chargers fans buys her seats. She sold them to a broker the first year after Cliff died, but I nixed that crap in the bud and hooked her up with someone who won't be selling them to Raider fan.

13. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Shamrock, if they are decent seats, tell her I'll pay top dollar for the Turds game on November 26th. Seriously.

14. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    someone already owns them for the season, and man are they friggen killer seats. I went down a took a look during the greenbay game. I think top dollar for those would be as much as 6x what anyone has ever paid for seats since these seats would have to come with a full time stripper to make them any better then they already are.

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Leisure might be right. Sounds like they want to phase out tailgating. I wonder what their reasoning is about that.

IF they get rid of tailgating or hassle people for doing it I may never go to a game again. Tailgating is half the fun.

16. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    By the way Trumpie, those Gold Zone spots like I have state on them that you have to be there 2 hours prior to kick off or they can park cars in your $75 parking spot. Bullshit if I ever heard it but they do have it down in the contract so its legit.