1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Acee: Chargers first game will be 1/17 at 1:40pm

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Good and bad news. I'm sad we won't have a night game, but we do get to know who our next opponent would be.

I also would prefer to play on Saturday due to a short week when we come off the bye.

Oh well, it is what it is.

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Damn, wish it was on Sat. too.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Man, now we have to wait another day.

:pissed:

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    #1 seeds get to play on Sat. One of the bonus features of getting the top seed.

5. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I don't think that is set in stone.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Damn it.

Was hoping for Saturday so I don't have to go to work the next day after drinking. :mad:

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice for a change to have an extra day of rest.

8. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    really??
    is that an assumption (or guess) or do you have a source?
    not a challenge or anything I just didn't know that was a fact.

9. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Next day is Martin Luther King Jr. Day... hope you get it off, I just found out that I do! WooooWhoooooo.

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,413
    Oh, sweet

I work for the government so I definitely get that off. :abq2:

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Now that I look back a few more years that is not the case. Just was that way in 2008,2007,2006.

12. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60

13. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    thanks for looking, i was checking out nfl.com but they didn't have anything in the rule section on seeding & scheduling during the playoffs.

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Chargers to play Sunday, Jan. 17

[​IMG]VS [​IMG]

Casey Pearce
    Posted Jan 4, 2010

The Chargers learned Monday morning that their Divisional Playoff game will be played on Sunday, January 17 at 1:40 pm PST.

The Chargers won’t know who they’ll meet in the divisional round of the playoffs until next Sunday, but they now know when they’ll play their first postseason game.
    The NFL announced Monday morning that the Chargers will kickoff at 1:40 pm PST on Sunday, January 17.

With the format of the NFL playoffs, the highest-remaining seed always plays the lowest-remaining seed. If the New England Patriots defeat the Baltimore Ravens, the Chargers will host Tom Brady and company in the divisional round. If Baltimore wins in Foxboro this Sunday, San Diego will host the winner of Saturday’s Jets-Bengals game.

Until then, the second-seeded Chargers will enjoy a bye week that Head Coach Norv Turner has called a “working bye.” Players will be off Monday and Tuesday as well as Saturday and Sunday to rest up and heal up, but Turner knows there is plenty of work to be done this week.

“Wednesday, Thursday and Friday practices will be very similar to getting ready for a game,” Turner said. “There are some things we can do to shorten it up in areas. I’m very aware of our guys not only being fresh physically but mentally being fresh and I think we can get that done.”
    The Chargers will spend plenty of time working to improve specific aspects of their own game, but they’ll also work on things specific to the three opponents they could face in two weeks.

“There’s no question we’ll focus on us,” Turner said. “Then there are things that teams have in common and it will be zeroed down to a possible, these two or three teams that we could play so we could take different parts of what they do that are unique to them and work on two or three teams.

“We’re going to be ready to put a game plan together as soon as we know who we’re playing, but I think we can get a lot done preparing for the game by taking care of ourselves and working on the things we need to work on.”

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Whew I land in Phoenix at 1:13. :icon_party:

16. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    You got the right time zone?

17. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Even better!

18. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    YES!!!

I am coaching in a soccer all-star tournament in Yucaipa that weekend. Two games Saturday, so I was REALLY hoping it wouldn't be that day. And I just found out this morning that our game Sunday is at 9:15. So if we don't qualify for the Championship at 1:30, I will have more than enough time to get back up the mountain and in my usual chair at Sandy's. If we somehow get into the finals, I guess I'm watching it on the DVR.

19. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    That sucks balls. I wanted a Saturday night "primetime" game, not a 4:30 eastern game in the afternoon.