1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Acee giving DFlo love and ripping Jammer...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Sep 6, 2007.

1. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    what do you guys think? This from a writer that put Cro starting opposite from Jammer in his Sporting News Preseason story just a month or so ago, now he's seen the light? Have the coaches said something to change his mind? I haven't seen anything in the preseason from Flo that would lead to that about-face by a writer.

What gives?

On another note, Rivers has to be ranked #1 on that list. No other single player defines our success or failure like Rivers. I think he overrates Gates.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20070906-9999-lz1x6roster.html

2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Malcolm Floyd never recieves much love in these kind of things, but he will be amazing for us this year. Take it to the bank ftw.

3. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Oh, and GO JAMMER!

4. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I'm really trying to figure out what made Acee change his mind on Flo...just a month or so ago I would have expected him to rank Flo as the third best CB now he has him as #1 clearly and predicting INTs and 6 sacks. I believe he called Jammer a "shutdown CB" in that writeup as well. Now he's the most targeted IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE and most burned CB? He had of talked to someone on the coaching staff or another coaching staff to change his opinion that drastically after some preseason games where none of the CBs have looked that hot in our limited scheme.

Oh yeah and PL, it took you two posts to take up for your boys...sad. :) ;)

5. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    My guess is, Cro shined in the offseason workouts without pads. DFlo probably started out slow in minicamp, since he chose to train on his own. Then DFlo stepped up when the preseason games started, and Cro hasn’t done ****.

The Jammer thing is a mystery. No way he has played that poorly for Acee to do a 180.

6. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    I'm gonna tell you guys. DFlo's publicist took Acee out to a nice steak dinner, then gave him an unspecified amount of cash to pimp DFlo.

Jammer ftw

7. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    That stuff always seems to happen with every team and it's players at some point. Someone will look good in shorts and a T, and then they strap on the pads and helmet and they look like shiat. The opposite is probably true in this case with D'Flo.

8. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Bmunch, you are satan.

9. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    This guy waffles more than a house of pancakes.

Jammer is not the most targeted Corner in the league and he doesn't get burned the most. Ya in the preseason games he got burned a few times. However it is PRESEASON. His job is not in question, he doesn't need to be hurt, the coaches tell players like this to take it easy since they have nothing to prove.

This is why its called Vanilla defense and a joke in the NFL. Rookies need to prove themselves, not veterans.

Everytime I see the name Acee I know he is going to say something stupid. He knows about as much football as a 12 year old European girl, and in that I mean I think he gets it confused with Soccer.

10. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    TAP, TAP, TAP......Is this thing on??

11. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    he's come to his senses....:yes:

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Jammer = ****

13. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    But only when you had 666 posts

14. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Stop dissin' mah boy! He'll show you all what he's made of! Rex will give him some help early on, of course.

15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    beat the bears.:yes:

16. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    How are you the "most burned corner in the league" giving up just 3 touchdowns?

OxyMORON

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    He has already shown me what he is made of. Mostly interference calls at the worst times (3rd and longs are his forte), inability to turn his head beyond 15 degrees in any direction, and a real knack for getting lost in zone coverages. At least he can hit/tackle well.

I hate Jammer so much I even want to punch people I see wearing his jersey.

{this will be my last JAMMER SUCKS post for the remainer of the season}

• Like Like x 1
  18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886

:icon_rofl: :tup: :bolt:

19. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Take off your hater glasses.

20. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    As soon as you take your homer glasses off.

21. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    You're riding the same stuff over and over. Pass interferences on 3rd downs? Jammer has really cooled off on those type of penalties. He played solid ball last year. Give credit where it's due.

22. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    OR........

Maybe Flo is just that good!

I still think he is right up there with Jam and is going to get a HUGE paycheck in 6 months

• Like Like x 1
  23. fredfan

fredfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    This is what I have to say about Jammer. I love his physical style at the LOS and I wish he'd simply deck any and all WR's coming off the LOS before they go five yards and get the chance to run downfield.

And I'm glad we got Weddle who seems to have more of a knack/talent for being around the ball than Jammer. But we'll see how Weddle does in meaningful games before I go annointing him our secondary savior. I love what I see so far though.

Oops. When I mention I love Jammer's physical play at the line of scrimmage, that's against the run and short passes in front of him where he does not need to do any head-turning. Because I wish he'd be as aggressive with WR's at the LOS when he's playing man-to-man.

24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    The guy is 100% right.
    Florence is our best corner, and I'd rather have him locked up for the next 5 years than Jammer.

25. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Look, I'm really, really trying hard to lay off him. But it seems every time I want to say "maybe he's finally getting it" he'll blow a big 3rd and long or get called for a PI.

And I'll NEVER forgive him for getting schooled by Ricochet.

26. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Wow. He was in single coverage and BRADY made a great throw. Jammer actually had fairly decent coverage on that play. Jammer played great all year. I don't remember many blown 3rd down's by Jammer last year. But that's kind of the nature of a cornerback. You win some, you lose some. There's no perfect corner in this league.

27. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Hey now, my boy has been playing pretty well lately. :yes:

No reason to bribe the writer. :tdown:

28. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :tup:

29. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I like both our cornerbacks and think this is probably the best tandem this team has seen since forever. :yes:

I will not crucify Jammer because Riccochet got one on him or Chad Johnson. I have seen our Corner play for over 40 years and Jammer is one of the BEST tackling corners (squares up like a mother) and coverage corners we have seen PERIOD. He is better than Gil Byrd or Edwards so I do not get it.

The goddmann mother effing SAFETY PLAY affects what the fuc the corners are doing but it is more of a "no I hate the dude because.....because..."

Weak.

Effing PASS rush was non existant until ......... then the corner play of dudes like Jammer were at an all time high.

Imagine that?

Pendejos

30. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    All I know is that my adopted guy better do a fuggin good job this year, or else I'll rip into his *** myself. Adopted parent or not! He doesn't have to be Ed Reed quality (although that would be nice), but don't regress into a Jerry Wilson clone.