1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Acee: Meachem must go... at any cost

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I wouldn't be sad about having that kid back in the mix at all - he and PR had some nice chemistry. Plus, his name is awesome (which is clearly the most important factor for FA pick-ups)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089

Oh come on BLEW !!!!

Some of our greatest memories come from the great Kellie Hart posts back in the day .......

The greatest comedy writers in the world couldn't match those classics. ;)

3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Naanee and Ajirotutu both tried out for the Browns about a month ago. Even Norv didn't want them. But the Bolts are getting pretty damn desperate. I doubt this will be the last injury to the WR corps...

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Pretty sure that I heard Stokley got signed last week by Baltimore

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,770
    Unfortunately at this point the Bolts just need to hang on to what they have and wait until cuts start happening. Making a move just to make one doesn't equate towards improvement and what is out there isn't much better than what they have.
    Tom and Mike don't need another lazy *** sack of shite like Meachem around collecting money for nothing.

6. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +318
    RE: Vincent Brown
    I'm hoping we'll find out more tomorrow night. The boltz have had him listed #2 on the WR1 depth chart behind Malcom. If he's at/near 100% and they've had him practicing with the ones, his play against da' Bears should be revealing.

7. Devo

Devo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    If Meachem is indeed the Chargers best WR, it is going to be a looooooooong season.

I don't know how San Diego is coaching WRs on hitch routes, but I seriously doubt it involves NOT coming back to the ball. Meachem stopped and allowed the CB to run in front of him and get that INT. For someone who recently admitting he sucked and had poor effort the year before, quitting on a route is not a good way to impress anyone.

I would rather have an undrafted free agent fighting for playing time instead of a vet dogging it.

8. Steven01

Steven01 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
  9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,388
    Notice how he didn't say "catch the ball"?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +325
    He can still cash a check.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,388
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Again, you're argument is completely redundant. Like Meachem you keep saying the same ol' thing but prove no valid points.

Is this suppose to change some opinions?

Meachem: "I can still run, cut, I can still perform"

Me reading: "Oh okay, if you say it like that. I guess I was wrong."

We have all made our arguments, a couple quotes at this point isn't going to change our minds no matter how many times you tell us how good you think he is. Either you didn't get around to watching last season or you're trying to fool yourself into thinking that #12 jersey you bought was a good idea, at this point you're trying to sell milk to a dairy farmer.........................It ain't going to happen

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,770
    It's time for Meachbum to either put up, shut up or GTFO!!!

14. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    It is hard to convince family members or Steven Meachem that their (insert relationship) may be washed up.

15. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Meachem is going nowhere. at the rate we're losing players, we can neither lose the possibility of him at least attracting a defender occasionally nor, much more important, the cap room to snag any late cuts to shore up our depth.

Not an apologist for him at all, but those are the facts. unlike this drivel from cousin Steven.

16. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Before Royal went down I thought he had a chance at getting cut... Now, unless we find a better fit via FA/post team cuts I think he'll be around just buried on the depth chart unless he starts making some positive plays.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

17. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    Like I said - the cap hit combined with the injuries we've sustained just don't make it reasonable to cut him this season.

18. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I know, I was agreeing with you :) Just with the caveat that there might be a casualty from another team who we snag up that could make him expendable again... we shall see...

• Like Like x 1
  19. daygoboy6191

daygoboy6191 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not even a matter of reasonable, it's basically impossible to cut Meachem at this point. If we cut Meachem at this point we are basically capped out of acquiring anyone to replace him. Also I believe we would have to cut play in order to cut Meachem at this point. Next year the Chargers will have a long list of possible cuts and Meachem will more then likely be apart of the list, and most likely be at the top of it.

20. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    I said it isn't reasonable because of what you outlined - as I had already done. Just a choice of words.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,770
    Someone in San Diego please flip the switch to "on" for Meachbum. Where in hell is Wright when you need him?

• Like Like x 1