1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Acee says Chargers pick Dan Williams at #28

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  2. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I agree. If he's there. which is doubtful.

But if he was, that's my guy.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Agreed
    if he's there that would be awesome and I think most people would be thrilled. But I doubt strongly that he will be there

4. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    Acee also had us picking Tyson Jackson last year who went 3rd overall. The guy is completely clueless on how the draft will play out.

I think Dan has a high bust factor for 1, and 2 will NOT be there at 28.

I am really thinking we should offer Shaun Phillips & 28 to the 'Fins for 13 and draft Spiller. We then could off Sproles for another 2nd and load UP. The Fins need another rush OLB to pair up with Dansby now that Porter and Taylor are gone, not too mention they have openly expressed the fact they want to trade down to try and make up for the 2nd they lost by getting Marshall. Why get another 2nd when they can have a proven OLB? Make it happen AJ!!

5. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    i wish williams at 28:icon_rofl:

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    No way he is there by then .. No way in hell.

7. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    That was a major reach last year by KC to take Jackson. Scott Wright at draftcoundown.com has us taking Williams as well and he usually does a pretty good job. Maybe it's possible.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

8. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    If the Dolphins pass on him...and that's a big if... he could fall in that draftcountdown draft, it has the Dolphins taking Dez Bryant who they won't take now.

I'd love it if it happened. But probably not going to.

9. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I've seen mocks where we draft C.J. Spiller at #28, so I guess that means we'll have to choose between the two of them.

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I hope we get a shot at Williams. But I really think the only way it happens is if we trade up with a team like the Dolphins who draft #12

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    In fairness to Acee he was part of the big nfl network beat writers mock. i.e. the 27 up before him did not pick williams. So, based on the fact that he was still 'on the board' he picked him. That's fair enough. I'll be shocked if he is still there at 28 in real life.

I want Sergio Kindle if he is still there, esp if we trade SP or Merriman beforehand!.

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    If either Merriman or Phillips is traded, we would still have 2 quality OLB's, so why would we draft another just to ride the pine when we have other immediate needs?

We have needs at RB, NT, SS, and even ILB, OT, and DE are bigger needs than another OLB.

13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Really, who the hell had Tyson Jackson at number 3? Only a team as dumb as the Chiefs would select that guy at number 3. He was a bottom third Rd 1 draft pick at best.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is the dude I want at NT.

If we do not get this guy - **** will hit the fan.

Stop the madness

Think BEEF !!!!!!

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I can't wait until everyone's mock drafts get blowed up tomorrow, even the "experts".

It's like watching people get destroyed in their NCAA brackets after 1 day, the amount of backpedalling is awesome

16. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    We won't even get the chance. :no:

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Interesting how no one is speculating on the Bills and Chargers connections (A.J. & the Nix).

Is something brewing in a trade up ?

The divorce of the Nix from AJ left a few wondering WTF is up.

I think it was all planned so the Nix could advance in pay grade which leads me to to think Buddy owes A.J. a draft hummer.

18. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Maybe Buddy will send us the #9, Lynch and Byrd for our #28 & #40?
    :icon_tease:

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If we do not get this guy, the season is over before it even started. Some here do not think we need a starting DE either. We have one D-lineman worth a fuc. The rest are basically ****.

It is either Dan Williams or nothing. I am not impressed with anyone else at NT by looking at the metrics.

The 3-4 does not work with the Ian Scott's of the world or rotating in a bunch of fat slobs to hide our run deficiency.

It is the proverbial joke.

20. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :tup:

21. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    A lot of people had Tyson Jackson at 3, but really it comes down to when you were predicting. If it was done close to the draft there were rumors that he'd go 3. (my mock last season had him at 3)

22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I will say I never saw any projection that even had him in the top 15, let alone the top 5. They might have been there, but not a single mock I ever saw had him in the top 15

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Everyone needs to remember the PAIN of losing Jamal Williams last year.

Remember it good. Look at those game recordings and run stats until your eyes freaking bleed.

A.J. even said we were soft on our run D and god bless him for being Captain Obvious on the love Bolt parade.

If you can not stop the run in the NFL, you better grab your ankles and like it. :bolt:

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm certainly far from anti-Dan Williams, but don't crown him just yet. He doesn't have much of a body of work other than his senior year.

I don't see him there at 28 but I'd certainly grab him if he is. Either way, I don't think getting him or not is going to make or break our season. That's a touch unrealistic. :yes:

25. Cap_City_Guy

Cap_City_Guy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Dan Williams is an absolute no brainer IF he is still around, we can only hope he has a Brady Quinn-esqe fall. I think the Chargers need to fill their other needs (other than RB) in the first round. RB is the most OVER-RATED position in football and every one saying we NEED to get a RB in the first round...seriously you all need to calm down. The only RB that is worth drafting in the first round is CJ Spiller.

Assuming Williams and Spiller are both off the board when SD picks...I would happily snatch up Mt. Cody with our 1st rounder. In the second round, I would be thrilled to draft another fatty preferably on the o-line because Clary is a joke and Hardwick is over-rated.

We can easily get a solid RB in the 3rd round...Someone like Jonathon Dwyer/Toby Gerhart/Legarrate Blount whatever...

26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I saw one mock at the last second but that was derided - you can't predict abject absurdity or stupidity - please see D. Heyward Bey to Raiders in the top 10.

If the Chiefs pick up Williams in the top 5, they'll be laughed at hysterically. If the Bills pick him up at 9, they'll get it. If the Dolphins get him it's where he's expected to go. Past that, there's a chance he could fall to us.

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No NT which is worthy means we need to load up on O-line.

All O and No D.

Deja vu anyone ?

28. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
  29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
  30. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker