1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

AC's fix to everything

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 1, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    1. Fire Norv and COttrell (obviously)

2. Promote John Pagano to HC and Bill Bradley to DC (I don't know if I trust Rivera immediately at DC or HC)

3. End of the season extend all of our coordinators's contract except Shelmon

4. AJ Smith no longer has a say in the selection of coaches and will work with whomever Spanos or anyone else picks

5. Hire Rex Ryan as our HC, find a good OC (idk if Shelmon's going ot take the job) and hire Mike Singletary as our DC

6. Draft James Lauranitis at ILB with our first round pick

2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I'm on board.

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
  4. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Who will be the first...

... to call out Norv and the coaching staff?

Mike Goff said today that he was surprised that Norv abandoned the running game so quickly in the second half.

But here's the kicker... how long will the players keep taking the heat and saying "we don't understand what's happening." They all know damn well what's happening... the emperor is freaking naked and not wearing any clothes!!! Norv Turner is in waaaay over his freaking head and the ship is sinking !!!

Which player is going to have the "super macho cajones" to say that Turner couldn't motivate a guy on ex-lax to take a crap. How long are we going to keep pretending that "we'll get it together" next week? We need a gameplan that is at a higher level than the third grade reading level.

I think LoNeal is gonna blow real soon. He's already hopping mad and ready to chew some a$$... maybe he will pull Turner's pinhead completely off of his body at today's practice.

Who is gonna step and be a leadser? Will it be Rivers? LT? Neal? McCree? Jammer?

AJ, how about Marty a call--- just to see how he's doing?

• Like Like x 1
  5. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Who will be the first...

I don't think you can hire Singletary as a DC.

Look at the Pats OC McDaniel. That's my pick for HC. Was last year too. We should have stole him instead of going with Norv.

He can go head to head with Kiffen for the next 20 years.

6. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Many people suggest that the team sucks is because of the massive change in coaching. I don't think all the blames are on the coaches. Some should be pointed to the players. Why do they underperform? One of the many reasons is that the chemistry was compromised. Marty was well liked by the players. Whatever the reason that he was let go, to the players who like him they would take a while to warm up to the new coach. We can say that these are professionals, but they are humans and do have human instincts such as loyalty, friendship, fairness, etc.

I just think that the players need time to gel with the new coaches. BB was horrid the first year with the Patriots too. For the people who want the result NOW, it maybe a painful time to sit and watch. Btw, there is no assurance that another new coach could bring instant success.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Who will be the first...

on double X you could tell he wanted to speak out about Norv but had to much restrain, I think Norv has lost this team and there is no getting it back :no:

8. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    We shouldn't be worrying about coordinators and assistants. Hire the best head coaching candidate out there, and let him bring in whoever he wants for his staff. If it means letting every coach we have go, so be it.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Who will be the first...

he lost it in comparison especially to Marty and frankly I think Norv's attitude/cold fish personality has really had an impact on the fire and the passion of the coaches. And I can't see Turner as the same as BB because Turner unfortunately is repeating the exact smae mistakes he had in Washington and Oakland which we all papered over because of AJ's assurances. He needs to leave and NOW!

10. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Mike Goof is a hoser

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I don't know what a hoser is :icon_huh: (I'm assuming it's not good)

maybe Goff can't play at a high level but he is a leader of this team and what he says (or implies) should be taken into account

12. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Who will be the first...

Merriman already said that Norv is not a motivator last week on Monday.

13. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    This is the same road we've been down before when ownership sided with management. Spanos picked Beathard which led to Ross being fired. Now they have chosen AJ over Marty.

What needs to be done first is to take back all "godly" powers from AJ and keep him only in charge of player contracts and scouting. And let ownership decide on coaching decisions. That way, we have the best chance of bringing in the best coach. Not just a puppet of AJ.

14. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    The difference is that with Beathard he was incompetent in everything he touched whereas Ross really was an outstanding coach. Prior to this Marty-love-revival, Marty was a coach who only made speeches and couldn't win playoff games. AJ has shown he is incredibly talented in picking up players in the draft and FA. But yeah this Turner debacle means AJ gets some of his power taken back and he gets his nose rubbed in this ****.

I still hold that Spanos made teh right decision in keeping AJ over Marty. I still believe AJ is the best GM we've ever been blessed with and do not question him in the draft. I think AJ needs however to come down off his platform and realize the extent of his screw up in hiring a few yes men to run the team.

15. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    What does "AC" stand for, *** Clown?

• Like Like x 1
  16. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    AnteaterCharger, ya *** clown

17. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820

Assclownsayswhat????

18. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Like you told me Ant, we were sold a bag of lies.

19. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    whats a hoser?.......... is it what I think it is?.

20. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    It's a guy from Canada. Didn't you ever see Strange Brew?

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If we need to replace Norval after the next game or two, in house would be my choice-to wit Ryan. I agreed with the speculation that Ryan was brought in to serve just this purpose. Any other decisions about coaches should belong to Ryan.