1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AE: Top 20 WRs in the league

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jul 7, 2006.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    1. Hines Ward
    Not as physically talented as some of the other top WRs but his heart, work ethic and drive can't be beat.
    2. Marvin Harrison
    Speed, ability to go over the middle and outstanding hands. Proves you can be short and be a #1
    3. Torry Holt
    Took over for Issac Bruce at #1 without a hitch. He's incredibly talented and fast.
    4. Terell Owens
    An ******* of epic proportions but man alive is he talented
    5. Steve Smith
    Became an incredibly deadly weapon destroying teams single handedly
    6. Chad Johnson
    Makes the QB look good and opens everything up for Houshmanzadah and Rudi
    7. Randy Moss
    Is getting up in age and has been battered for a long time, but he demands double teams every time he's on the field
    8. Santana Moss
    I could make the case that he helped his brother Sinorice's stock more then Sinorice's own play
    9. Larry Fitzgerald
    huge, fast and a good guy. He has a chance to become a top 5 receiver with Leinart throwing him the ball
    10. Deion Branch
    Brady's go to guy with glue like hands. Will beat out coverage by pure will
    11. Reggie Wayne
    Speed, good size, great agility, he has it all to be a #1 but is instead the best #2 in the game
    12. Rod Smith
    Up there in age but he can still do it all and then some. The best UDFA from 1993-2003
    13. Chris Chambers
    Has really come into his own as a #1. Scorched teams all over the league.
    14. Plaxico Burress
    Did well his first year as Manning's go-to-guy but needs to stop being a brat
    15. Andre Johnson
    Last year was limited by Carr's lack of protection but he's a deadly weapon who will become scarier with Eric Moulds opposite him
    16. Keenan McCardell
    Never gets the respect but he was as much a factor in Charger success as LT and Gates
    17. Joe Horn
    Injured and up in age but he's still a very effective go-to-guy and for a long time was teh only thing that made Aaron Brooks look good
    18. Nate Burleson
    Overshadowed by Koren Robinson but was very important to the revival of the Vikings midway through the year. Will be happy in Seattle
    19. Anquan Boldin
    He has not been healthy and has slowed down a bit but he's still an incredible all around talent
    20. Roy Williams
    Talent and hands are second to none but he needs to stay healthy. Will improve with Kitna/McCown throwing to him

"I get no respect"
    Eric Parker: The Bondsman could be our #1 in the near future
    Musin Muhammad: Really up there in age but gave the Bears their first real target since early in the 21st century.
    Derrick Mason: how much respect will you get with Boller throwing the ball but he was essential to the titans for years.
    Michael Jenkins: He really came alive last year with few people paying attention

Prove it to me again
    Joey Galloway: First really great year, has to build on it
    Javon Walker: Has to bounce back from major injury
    Donte Stallworth: Did outstanding his first year as a #1, but needs to do it again with a healthy Horn
    Lavernius Coles: Hard to figure out what to make of him
    Michael Clayton: First year was outstanding, had a major sophmore slump

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I think you mean Chad Johnson and not Chad Jackson.

I would move Hines Ward down and Steve Smith up.

Andre Johnson is a stud.

I would take Boldin over Burress any day of the week.

All in all a good list.