1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AFC Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 27, 2009.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    does the Dal vs. Wash mean anything?

:icon_huh:

2. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    I agree. I love hot chicks singing snappy tunes that have only two notes. The NHRA has the great theme tunes.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I didn't say it was musical genius. :lol:

4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Dallas has to hold off the Giants who are still in it. :yes:

Furthermore, a Dallas win makes next week's game against Philly for the division. (As well as clinches a playoff spot for them by knocking out the Giants)

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Albert Haysworth

$40,000,000

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    We are officially the HOTTEST team right now.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Billy Volek better be scouting this game right now. :lol:

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    please football gods... please let tony romo see the ghost of jessica simpson tonight or something and totally tank...

9. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I have money on the Cowboys, so I'm rooting for them. Other than that, don't care what happens in the NFC. Everything is set there for playoff teams, with Dallas and Philly fighting for the East title. Loser is the Wildcard.

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I have an 8.7 point lead in my FF Super Bowl right now w/no players left playing and my opponent has Tony Romo as their QB...

:unsure: it's not looking good. I can spare like... one more TD maybe...

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    The commentary in this game is reminding me why I hate the Cowboys so much.

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,388
    And the SNF song was stolen from this one:

This one came out many years ago.

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I don't care if it was stolen it sounds good. :icon_tease:

14. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    And that's what he is guaranteed from a $100 million contract.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I like how the Skins fans keep booing Suisham :lol:

16. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    They're booing a lot more than just him...blanked at home by your arch rival?! Who clinches a playoff spot in the process?!

To quote John McEnroe: YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!!!!

If I listen real hard I can probably hear the boos from across the Potomac :icon_rofl:

17. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    the cowboys would be in the playoffs even if they lost to the Redskins today because of the Giants lost the cowboys and Eagles are in it by default

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    If the Cowboys lost the Giants would still be in it.

Had Washington pulled off the upset the Giants would have been in with a win over Minnesota and a Philly win over Dallas.

19. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    at the time of his post the Giants already lost so there was no real need to think that they would need this win :p

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    The Giants were not mathematically eliminated until the Cowboys won so his post stating that the Cowboys clinched a playoff spot in FedEx Field was accurate.

21. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    J-E-T-S! The Colts have been rivals of the Jets since Superbowl III. I could not be happier that it was Sanchez and Co. that took down the NFL's golden team yet again.

22. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    ahh never mind lol I must have misread the clinching senerio thing on yahoo

23. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,174
    I thought this was an AFC Gameday thread... Which AFC teams are still mathematically in it?

Pointy :icon_twisted:

24. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Baltimore and New York control their own destiny. Win and they're in. Lose and they're done.

Denver needs to win and hope that Baltimore/New York loses for sure. But they would also need either Pittsburgh or New England to lose on top that.

Pittsburgh needs to win an have Houston or New York/Baltimore lose.

Jacksonville needs to win and have Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Houston lose for sure. If Denver wins, New york has to lose and vice versa.

And the the Houston Texans remain alive. They have to win and seriously, only Denver and New York, Denver and Baltimore, or Baltimore and New York have to lose. One of those combinations and the Texans finally make the Playoffs.

The Dolphins can make the playoffs still if Jacksonville, Denver, Baltimore, Pittsburgh (who they're playing so they do have to win), New York, and Houston all lose. That is not going to happen but they're not officially eliminated yet.

25. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    7. Denver Broncos (8-7) – Currently No. 7 seed due to better conference record than Houston (6-5 to 5-6). Would clinch No. 5 seed with New York loss and Baltimore loss and either Pittsburgh loss or both Denver win and Houston win. Would clinch No. 6 seed with win and 1) New York loss or Baltimore loss (not both), and 2) Pittsburgh and/or Houston loss. Would clinch No. 6 seed with loss and either 1) New York loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss and Miami loss, or 2) Pittsburgh loss and losses by at least two of the following: New York, Baltimore, Houston.
    Next week: vs. Kansas City

Houston 8. Houston Texans (8-7) – Currently 8th in AFC because of better record than Pittsburgh in common games (3-1 to 1-3). Would clinch No. 5 seed with win and New York loss and Baltimore loss and Denver loss. Would clinch No. 6 seed with win and losses by two of the following: New York, Baltimore, Denver. Eliminated with loss or wins by at least two of the following: New York, Baltimore, Denver.
    Next week: vs. New England

Pittsburgh 9. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-7) – Would clinch No. 5 seed with win and New York loss and Baltimore loss and Houston loss. Would clinch No. 6 seed with win and either 1) New York loss and Baltimore loss and Denver loss and Houston win, or 2) Houston loss and either New York loss or Baltimore loss. Eliminated with loss or 1) New York and Baltimore wins, or 2) Houston win and New York, Baltimore or Denver win.
    Next week: at Miami

Miami 10. Miami Dolphins (7-8) – Currently No. 10 seed based on head-to-head win over Jacksonville but would lose multiple-team 8-8 ties with Jacksonville because of worse conference record (7-5 to 6-6). Would be No. 6 seed with win and New York loss and Baltimore loss and Denver loss and Houston loss and Jacksonville loss. Eliminated with loss/tie or New York win/tie or Baltimore win/tie or Denver win/tie or Houston win/tie or Jacksonville win.
    Next week: vs. Pittsburgh

Jacksonville 11. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-8) – Would win most multiple-team 8-8 ties because of 7-5 conference record. Would be No. 5 seed with win and New York loss and Baltimore loss and Denver loss and Houston loss and Pittsburgh loss. Would be No. 6 seed with win and 1) New York loss and Baltimore loss and Denver loss and Houston loss and Miami loss, or 2) Pittsburgh loss and loss by exactly one of the following: New York, Baltimore, Denver, Houston. Eliminated with loss or wins by at least two of the following: New York, Baltimore, Denver, Houston.
    Next week: at Cleveland

26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/scenarios

Scenarios Week 17
    AFC East
    [​IMG] N.Y. Jets can clinch a playoff spot with:
    • a win (vs. Cincinnati)
    [​IMG] Miami can clinch a playoff spot with:
    • a win (vs. Pittsburgh) and a N.Y. Jets loss (vs. Cincinnati) and a Baltimore loss (vs. Oakland) and a Houston loss (vs. New England) and a Jacksonville loss or tie (vs. Cleveland)
    AFC North
    [​IMG] Baltimore can clinch a playoff spot with:
    • a win (vs. Oakland)
    [​IMG] Pittsburgh can clinch a playoff spot with:
    • a win (vs. Miami) and a Houston loss or tie (vs. New England) and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie (vs. Cincinnati) OR
    • a win and a Houston loss or tie and a Baltimore loss or tie (vs. Oakland) OR
    • a win and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie and a Baltimore loss or tie and a Denver loss or tie (vs. Kansas City)
    AFC South
    [​IMG] Houston can clinch a playoff spot with:
    • a win (vs. New England) and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie (vs. Cincinnati) and a Baltimore loss or tie (vs. Oakland) OR
    • a win and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie and a Denver loss or tie (vs. Kansas City) OR
    • a win and a Baltimore loss or tie and a Denver loss or tie
    [​IMG] Jacksonville can clinch a playoff spot with:
    • a win (vs. Cleveland) and a Pittsburgh loss (vs. Miami) and a Baltimore loss (vs. Oakland) and a Denver loss (vs. Kansas City) and a Houston loss (vs. New England) OR
    • a win and a Pittsburgh loss and a Baltimore loss and a Denver loss and a N.Y. Jets loss (vs. Cincinnati) OR
    • a win and a Pittsburgh loss and a Baltimore loss and a Houston loss and a N.Y. Jets loss OR
    • a win and a Pittsburgh loss and a Denver loss and a Houston loss and a N.Y. Jets loss OR
    • a win and a N.Y. Jets loss and a Denver loss and a Houston loss and a Baltimore loss
    AFC West
    [​IMG] Denver can clinch a playoff spot with:
    • a win (vs. Kansas City) and a N.Y. Jets loss loss or tie (vs. Cincinnati) and a Baltimore loss or tie (vs. Oakland) OR
    • a win and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie and a Pittsburgh loss or tie (vs. Miami) OR
    • a win and a N.Y. Jets loss or tie and a Houston win (vs. New England) OR
    • a win and a Baltimore loss or tie and a Pittsburgh loss or tie OR
    • a win and a Baltimore loss or tie and a Houston win OR
    • a Pittsburgh loss and a Baltimore loss and a Houston loss and a Jacksonville loss (vs. Cleveland) OR
    • a Pittsburgh loss and a Baltimore loss and a Houston loss and a N.Y. Jets loss OR
    • Pittsburgh loss and a Baltimore loss and a Jacksonville loss and a N.Y. Jets loss OR
    • Pittsburgh loss and a Houston loss and a Jacksonville loss and a N.Y. Jets loss OR
    • Miami loss or tie (vs. Pittsburgh) and a N.Y. Jets loss and a Baltimore loss and a Houston loss and a Jacksonville loss or tie

27. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,174
    AG, D, and Leo;

Thanks for making it simple to understand. I guess the rest just all go home or hit the golf links after this week...

Pointy :icon_twisted:

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    Don't thank me. I just ripped off Sportsline.com :lol:

29. DiegoDub

DiegoDub BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
  30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,923
    I always love that thing when it first comes out and there's still about 4 weeks to go.

I try and get the crummy teams with no realistic shot left but are still mathematically in it in.

I also try to get the powerhouses currently sitting at or near the top who haven't clinched yet out.