1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AFC Playoff Spots: Who do we WANT to make it?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I wanted to see who the board members would like to see make the playoffs in the AFC. At first I was just going to ask about wild card spots, but New England (and even Cincy) is not guaranteed a spot right now. So tell me who you want from the East, North and Wild Cards.

My Wishes:

North: Cinncy - 3rd seed - Might change my answer after Sunday, but I think this is a good matchup for the Bolts if we had to face them and I REALLY don't want to see Baltimore in, so go Bungles!

East: New England - 4th seed - I hate them and I'd love to see them sit at home, but I feel we match up against them better than Miami and they would have to fall hard not to take at least a wild card spot. Also, I think they have the best chance of the playoff bunch to knock off Indy and give us a shot at a home AFC Championship game...

WC#1: Denver - Similar to NE, I'd love to see them sitting at home, but I think we own them and would love to see a scenario of us playing them in the playoffs.

WC#2: NY Jets - This is a bit of a stretch, but would be my ideal scenario. Well, I guess truly ideal would be the Jets winning the East and NE taking this spot but I'm adding a dash or realism here. More realistic would be Miami at 10-6 here.

Ideal brackets? Both home teams win the wild cards games which sends Cincy to SD and NE to Indy. SD and NE win the division games and the AFC Championship is played here.

So that is how I'd like to see it shake out. What do you want to see?

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Don't care, as long as we get second seed... BUT I WANT INDY IN THE AFCC!!!
    PUNCH NFL AND ESPN IN THE MOUTH AGAIN!!! :bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

I FREAKIN' HATE THE PONIES!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I agree with above, I really don't care, we should beat any two teams we will have to face in the afc playoffs, so let the chips fall where they may. I just want the 2 seed.

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +496
    WC

Cinn over Denver (they owe them)
    NE over Baltimore

Div

SD over Cinn (again)
    NE over Ind (not much fun beating Indy every year, well, a little fun :tup: )

AFCCG
    SD over NE (payback)

• Like Like x 1
  5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Phuck the NFL and ESPN. I want to see the AFC Champ game in SD, so here's to hoping the Colts get knocked off in the Divisional round.

I'd love to see Miami win the AFC East (Phuck the Pats), and then the Jets and the Jaguars get the Wild Cards. Extreme longshot I know. But that would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +496
    why the f**k do people responde to a thread just to say "I don't care..." you know what I do when I don't care about a thread...I don't freaking post in the thread

7. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +496
    it would also be cool to beat the pats then the colts in Indy but I want the AFCCG here

8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

:tup:

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly!!! You know damn well that if Saints and Ponies go undefeated in the regular season... NFL is going to want a Saints/Ponies SuperBowl and will have the refs cheating again!!!
    I want to crash their party again and maybe see a few (accidental) helmet to head collisions!!!

Though I would like to see the AFCC hosted at home too.

10. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Because if we want an accurate poll there needs to be a no preference option, that's why. I know this isn't a poll, but might as well have as many diffent views per thread as you can.

Ideally we'd play denver and new england, two teams I'm confident we'd have no trouble with. But being without a crystal ball, no preference is any better than no pref.

Don't be a dick, we're all friends here, sorta.

What I don't understand is why someone would comment on posts they don't like merely for the sake of voicing their opinion :p

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It think this thread has made good conversation.

But since we now know your watching... we'll try to post to your liking. :rolleyes:

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Wish in one hand and spit in the other, let us know which one fills up first. It's doesn't matter who or where we play during the playoff's as long as we win. Get in the show then whip some hindparts. Winning is the name of the game in the one and done elimination bout's.

13. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    My wishes is that the Chargers fall to Seed #4 as much as the only game I want them to lose is to Cincinnati this weekend and win the last two, I would love to see a Cincinnati vs San Diego AFC Championship game

I love my Bengals, and the Chargers are like a close second team to me. I'm from Cali after all mainly Southern Cali, San Diego to be exact lol

but since I know both Bengals and Chargers will likely end up in the middle seeds either one of them can end up in #2 at this point. while the Patriots can't seem to do better as of late. I'll have to settle with a Divisional round game between the two.

as far as the rest goes

AFC East - I would love to see the Patriots fall out of first place and Dolphins rise again. not sure that will happen but eh.

AFC North - someone knock the Steelers and Ravens out of the playoff hunt already. although it would be awesome to win another game against either one this year lol

AFC South - Colts with homefield advantage already we'll have to see if the Jags can make it

AFC West - I want the donkeys to get into the playoffs :icon_twisted: if the Bengals get Seed #3 that is, if they get Seed #2 I don't care who enters as Wild Card broncos, Jags or Dolphins

if The Bengals get the #2 Seed I would love to see this

Bye: Colts, Bengals

WC: Baltimore @ San Diego (Winner: San Diego) Payback is a *****
    WC: Miami @ New England (Winner: Miami) I doubt NE doesn't go into the playoffs as WC

Division: Miami @ Indianapolis (Winner: Miami) (Colts probably would win)
    Division: San Diego @ Cincinnati (Winner: Cincinnati) again

AFC Championship: Miami @ Cincinnati (Winner: Cincinnati)

if The Bengals get the #3 Seed I would love to see this

Bye: Colts Chargers

WC: Denver @ Cincinnati (Winner: Cincinnati) Payback is a *****
    WC: Miami @ New England (Winner: Miami) I doubt NE doesn't go into the playoffs as WC

Division: Miami @ Indianapolis (Winner: Miami) (Colts probably would win)
    Division: Cincinnati @ San Diego (Winner: Cincinnati) again Payback would be a ***** (assuming the only way the Bengals gets Seed #3 would be losing this sunday)

AFC Championship: Miami @ Cincinnati (Winner: Cincinnati)

:icon_party:

14. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +194
    I just take this one !

15. BoltWash

BoltWash BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I really want the Broncos in Division and then Colts in AFCC. We match up so well against the Colts. The only problem about the Colts is Dallas Clark is going to boof us if we face them.

16. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    That's how I see it. HOME GAMES!!! :abq2:

17. Airw0lf

Airw0lf BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I cannot see NE beating Indy in too many situations. The way the NE secondary is playing (and their defense in general) they are going to get torched.

18. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    What up Mr. D, welcome to the forum. Nice post.

Before the tragic death of Chris Henry, there was no way in h*ll the Bengals would be able to keep up with the Chargers. I predicted a blow-out with the final scoring being 30-something to 13 or something.

But with emotions riding high, I think the Bengals will give us a hard fought game. I still like the Chargers edging them out, but it'll be interesting to see a potential rematch in the playoffs.

With that said, GO CHARGERS!!!

19. Mr. D™

Mr. D™ Who Dey!!

Ratings:
    +24
    thanks it's good to be back

20. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +496
    you (and that's just you B4L) would have to stop posting all together :icon_tease:

21. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +496
    I don't want to be a dick about it but it bugs me that someone post a hypothetical question (which is a good part of message boards) and someone else basically said "this thread is dumb" when saying they don't care about what you asked

22. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I hear ya, and suggesting this thread was dumb was not my intention. I wanted to be apart of it, but the fact remains, after rackin' my brain I really can't put together a playoff group that would "best suit" us.

Hypothetically I'd love the path to least resistance, whatever that may be. The cocky side would like to play the toughest opponents possible, just to prove this team earned ( unlike the 06 colts who caught a very lucky bread not having to come to sd) and destroyed the best afc opponents out there to get a ring.

I like the thread, the answer isn't simple imo, so I really can't answer it. So my choice is hit the ramdom button and let's get it on.

23. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Please excuse all the typo's, big thumbs small keys on phone.

24. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    I want the Chargers to make it.

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I should have known to be posting differently from the start, since this entire forum revolves all around you.

26. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +496
    ahh come on, it revolved around you for like a month, too bad Norv's doing fine :lol:

plus I did put the joking face :icon_tease:

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I noticed that but sarcasm is my second language.
    Also... I didn't post an emocon cause I was curious of your response... that's my specialty!!! :yes: :tup: :lol: