1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AFC West 2008 - Do the 3 dwarves beneath us stand a chance??

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Stan_The_Man_12, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Opinion piece - I am BIASED.

The Chargers will be shooting for their 14th AFC Western Division title in 2008 [Yup, I did I double take too when I researched it, but it's a true fact of life] second only to the Raiturds 15 AFC West titles dating back to 1960 and the division's inception with all four original teams.

Note: Donkey fans will only like to take us back to 1970 "The Merger" because oddly enough the Donkeys resembled an AFL2 team from 1960 to 1977, all Donkey titles have come post merger and their two Super Bowl's are tainted by salary cap violations for which they were fined and docked draft picks.

As was recently reported on Yahoo Sports the Shanahan era has also been tainted with illegal video taping of Chargers practices and run throughs, similar to the Patriots video cheating scandal.

As of Feb 29th, 2008.

Raiturds 15 AFC West titles
    Chargers 13 AFC West titles
    Donkeys 10 AFC West titles*
    Chiefs 7 AFC West titles

*Salary Cap Violators per the NFL.

The breakdown of the Divisional dwarves beneath the Chargers very large ankles as follows:

Fighting for 2nd place - The Denver Donkeys

It's common knowledge The Rat Shanahan can't coach [why he's considered some coaching genius has got to be the biggest bold face lie on the planet] unless he has s superstar player, so since Mr. Ed retired in 1998, the Donkeys have ammased 1 AFC West title, in 2005.

They've missed the playoffs the last two years and have an unproven commodity in young QB Jay "Veal" Cutler, so far Culter is yet to have a "winning" season since high school. He is the key to the Donkey's fortunes and if you consider that Shanahan is trading for or overspending for other teams talentles slugs, it's a dubious to think Cutler can guide the Donkeys to the playoffs in 08, he may be able to reach the plus side of .500 but the playoffs are still not in the cards for the Rat's boys and will miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight year.

Aside from Cutler the Donkey's have WR Brandon Marshall who some hail as a superstar WR, if he's a Superstar how *** he hasn't scored a TD against the Chargers not so great defensive backfield the last 4games? they have some huge cracks to fill on the offensive line and a plug and play RB system, on defense they have more quantity than quality, they are paced by outstanding ILB or OLB DJ Williams the problem is that he's the only oustanding defensive player on their front seven the defensive line is mediocre with young player dotted across the line, fresh meat, and not that productive fresh meat, at least not yet. The other LB's are system players, of course you have to have a system that works to plug them into and currently Denver is working on their 3rd defensive coordinator in three seasons, their defensive backfield was supposed to have been their strength but was more like a sieve, Dre Bly brought over from the Lions resempled another former 5'8 former AFC West CB named Elvis "Toast" Patterson as Bly was torched early and often for 16 games, the real player was Champ Bailey who got selected to Hawaii on repuation because his play on the field was dismal and his excuse was the old "the sideline" held me back. The Donk's hold the 12th pick in the draft and they could move up or move down, but it really doesn't matter, Shanahan's draft history is one of bust, after bust, after bust, after bust in the drafts 1st two rounds, he could get lucky and draft someone that might be productive, but his arrogant nature will hurt him again and he will fall in love with some player the Donkies don't need and will look good in pads on the sideline or will never pan out.

The KC Chiefs aka the Sqaws.

What can you say about the combo of GM Peterson and former SDSU DB Herm Edwards = DISASTER. The complete overhaul of the Sqaws is full speed ahead as many veterans have already been cut and the 2009 roster will have many rookie draftpicks and unrestricted free agents on it.

The key for KC's fortunes is what to do in the draft. Two years ago GM Peterson out-thunk himself and selected hugely fragile, brittle and overall combine wonder Brodie Croyle from Alabama, unless Brodie show some of the 'Bama magic from 05, he's goose will be cooked in KC before it's even started. The Squaws owning the 5th overall pick in the draft are said at this point in time to be considering [some pundints, not me] drafting Matt Ryan from Boston College, personally I was not overwhelmed by Ryan as a player so, I hope KC does draft him, 2008 will be a complete rebuilding year for the Squaws, as always they will be tough to beat in KC and have a horse in Superstar RB Larry Johnson and TE Tony Gonzalez, but not much else on offense, the defense relies on DUI prone Jared Allen a great pass rusher but he can't do it all, the cupboard is bare on defense beyond him. Look for another 5 wins or less season in KC.

The Raiturds = 19 and almost 70 loses over the last 5 years.

Perhaps the biggest victim of karma this side of Soviet Union, the raituds have fallen on very, very hard times...which I am enjoying orgasmically....they are guided by 2nd year high school offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin and have actually imporved by 2 wins over the very satisfying 2006 raiturd like win total of 2, the franchise is an utter mess guided by the Crytpkeeper himslef Al Davis who at 78 is constantly meddling with on and off field decisions, the contemporary NFL has most certainly passed him by and has made blunder after blunder, losing court cases to the NFL, moving back to Oakland losing to the city of Oakland, losing on the field, losing college all-star games where the entire coaching staff was the raiturds coaching staff, things are so bad in Oakland they can't even beat the Falcons in a coin flip.

Just like the Squaws the raiturds are completely devoid of talent, hence the reason they have 19 wins in the last 5 years and it will probably take another 5 plus years to build that talent up to playoff levels, that's a big IF, because the man making all the personel decision lost his talent evaluating touch some 20 years ago, and while he may get lucky the odds are not in his favor. Meanwhile as Charger fans we just sit back and enjoy and watch the raiturd fans struggle year after year as RaiturdNation just falls apart at the seams.

Stan :rivers17:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Thank you kindly Stan for the enjoyable reading :icon_rofl: Some good funny stuff there for sure :tup:

3. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    :abq2::abq1::icon_toast:

4. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    The answer is no. If I remember right the Donks were predicted to win the west last year due to our coaching changes, turmoil etc. We still won the west with ease. This year we should have the cohesiveness to dominate. The other teams in the west will have a hard time breaking even. :icon_rofl:

The West is ours. The AFC Championship is ours. The Super Bowl is ours.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    that was the football equivalent of a smoke after sex :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  6. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    "Do the 3 dwarves beneath us stand a chance?"

Absolutely not. In fact, not only is the answer no in 2008, but I realitically don't see any of them having a chance next year either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Chargers Division Record/year for foreseeable future:

6 - 0 :bolt::bolt::bolt:

8. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41
    we will make them our *****ES!!!!!!! oh forgot, they already are.:abq2::tup:

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    omfg thats GOLD!!! kudos to you and a crap load of rep is WELL deserved for this one :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chad Peter

Chad Peter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Despite the dismal showing the last few years, the AFC West still is the greatest of football divisions. Sure, you may be counting it as a win already, but that's the great thing about this division - how many times have teams been written off, only to come out of nowhere and win the division.

I'll play wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +353
    How would you know? You dont smoke, and have never had sex? :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  12. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +353

:icon_rofl:

ya me too, for Miami! I mean it almost the same thing! Two teams with no shot at winning their respective divisions, both sucking hind tit, both with QB problems, both with no WR........I smell toilet bowl!

13. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    GONE Minus two wins thanks for playing :lol: nice job stan incredibly funny read:tup:

14. chiefsgal

chiefsgal New Member

Ratings:
    +443

I knew if I read far enough the voice of reason would chime in.....:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Great post, Chad, and WELCOME TO BOLTTALK!!!:tup::icon_toast:

16. Chad Peter

Chad Peter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I do what I can. *bows* :icon_party:

17. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    I watched the Bronco vs Dallas game last night and unfortunately they are looking good. Denver's 1st string handedly beat Dallas 1st string. Cutler has completed 24-of-30 passes for 237 yards and a 110.7 passer rating in the two preseason games. The guy does have a strong arm.

I hope the Chargers don't have a slow start to the season again. I need them to kick Denver's a$$ on 09/14.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Somebody hide his insulin ....... :icon_twisted: :icon_tease:

19. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    Unless the Donkos learn how to stop the run, Cutler will be a non-factor...get my drift? :tup: Plus Marshall will not be around on 9/14 anyway, since he can't seem to stay on the right side of the law these days.

6-0 in the Division is just a starting point gang...

• Like Like x 1
  20. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    That is true. Our running game can chew up the clock and keep Cutler off the field. I think the Denver game will be a test for our secondary.

21. Chad Peter

Chad Peter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    The Broncos will be better than last year's bizarre run defense. Now they're back to their standard defensive playcalling, something more in-line with what they had been running every year for the past ten years (with the sole exception of last year, when they decided to changed things up) - it cannot be any worse than last year's. The only question is how much better.

The major difference between the broncos of this year and last year, is their offense. They changed a LOT of defensive personnel, but offensively, there's a lot of return starters and a stronger LT in Clady. They're a passing team now, as the running game is struggling since Kubiak and Gibbs left. Cutler is certainly coming into his own.

We can talk about it all we want, but until the end of this season, there are no guarantees.

22. Chad Peter

Chad Peter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Oh, and re: the 9/14 game and Marshall not being there... As a Bronco fan, the new presence of Eddie Royal opens the field up quite a bit and takes quite a bit of the sting out from the loss of Marshall. It'll affect the offense, sure, but not as much as most would expect. For once, there are a lot of solid route-running targets in Denver. Sheffler, Royal, Stokely, Graham, D. Jackson, K. Colbert.

23. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +905
    Granted, I don't watch a lot of Broncos games other than when they play the Chargers, but I'd sure like to see Cutler do ANYTHING to show me why his nutsack is so firmly entrenched in the media's mouth. I keep hearing how he is the next big thing, but I haven't seen anything to warrant the adulation.

24. Chad Peter

Chad Peter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Yeah, you need to watch more than just the Broncos getting creamed by the Chargers the last two years to get an understanding of how the kid's coming along.

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    No, all I need to do is listen to Adam Shefter or most anyone at ESPN to learn how they all cling to his nut sack for some unknown reason.

• Like Like x 1
  26. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Who has the Broncos brought in that you might think will help you out on Offense?

Last year the Broncos put up a total of 6 points on us thats 1 field goal every game! You still have that same Offensive line and you still have not figured out how to operate against our 3-4 Defense.

27. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976

quit eating the Rocky Mountain Oysters. They are now doing bain dramage

28. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
    donks lost their kicker who as far as i know won them half of their games last year, they lost the number 1 reciever javon falker who went to the faiders and their best reciever is suspended, lynch left and went to an also douchier team. don't see the donkos winning more than 7 games sorry....:icon_shrug:

29. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126

???

So... When this "new" defensive approach was failing so miserably, why didn't the Broncos' coaching staff make an adjustment THEN?

30. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Pffffft! Like you have a choice! :lol: