1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

AFC West foes ready to challenge the champs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 27, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    In 2006, the San Diego Chargers ran away with the AFC West title, finishing with a five-game margin of victory. As a result, the rest of the division was über-aggressive during the offseason, looking to close the gap on the defending champions. The following is a look at what the rest of the AFC West has done to prevent the Chargers from winning a third title in four years.

Kansas City Chiefs

The Chiefs were so impressed with the Chargers’ talent that they decided to take some for themselves. Kansas City signed former Charger Donnie Edwards to a three-year contract, giving the tackling machine a chance to exact some revenge on the team that was trying to trade him at this time last year. The Chiefs landed another former Charger in left tackle Damion McIntosh, who signed a six-year deal.

The real point of interest in Kansas City is the quarterback position, where Brodie Croyle will compete with Damon Huard for the starting job – assuming Trent Green is eventually traded or released. If the second-year man Croyle wins the job, he will have a hard time experiencing immediate success, given his lack of seasoning and the Chiefs’ mediocre receiving corps.

Full Article

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    Bring It ON!:conc: :nana_dance: :abq1: :abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The Broncos Offensive line is under sized and while they may match well against any number of teams, the chargers aren't one of them. I'm betting they will have to double team Jamal at all times, they'll have to pair off a tight end or a back with a tackle for Castillo and Olshansky is another handful. Of all the teams the Chargers face, they seem to be the most vulnerable to our blitz packages, as will be KC. They only have one interior lineman with 300 pounds of weight. I can only imagine the havoc that Phillips, Wilhelm, Cooper and Merriman can create by dinking with different looks and then blitzing from positions dictated by the offensive formations, which may be dictated themselves by our defense. That doesn't even account for safety or corner blitzing. Any way they scheme, they'll have to be short at least one blocker on a blitz on either the weak or strong side. Jamal has to watch his knees, though.

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Good post.

I have often wondered why I do not see more corner blitzes from the Chargers??? They throw every other type of blitz but the corner blitzes are rare. I wonder if that was an Uncle Wade thing or just me ?

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Damn right!:helm3:

6. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Concerned Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +214
    We should again win, if not sweep our entire division this season. The only thing that I can see stopping this team is injuries but with that in mind, knowing that we now have two divisional opponents that will employ the cut block with regularity does concern me a bit! :icon_sad:

7. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714
    me too! Idon't wanna seer any of our boys lose their knees or ankles